viertien ;

Sunghoon closed the door behind himself, and watched as Jake shivered slightly before him. His home was freezing cold — sad, grey and dreary. But as Jake walked into the home, the atmosphere grew warmer ever so slightly every few seconds. He smiled as they took their shoes off, leaving it at the door and walking on their socks indoors.

"How do you maintain such a big home?" Jake asked, taking his coat off and hanging it up alongside Sunghoon's. "I'm never going to get over how beautiful this home is. Wow…"

"You like the vintage feel?" Sunghoon asked with a smile. "We could live here together one day, huh? You and I."

Jake smiled softly, looking at him with bashful eyes. "Maybe." They held hands as they walked further into the home, filling it with their warmth. "It feels a little strange. As if… soulmates were here before. And old love lives here, and it feels… warm. Safe."

"You're right, actually," Sunghoon nodded. "In our attic were some old boxes filled with old books and stuff. I moved them to the study to prevent them from dusting, and one of them is a the dairy of a girl that used to live here. It's in English, so I can't read it— wait. Y-you can read it."

Jake raised an eyebrow and nodded. Sunghoon's eyes brightened as he let go of Jake's hand and rushed off in a different direction in the infinite maze of the manor. His heart rished with familiarity as he looked around at his surroundings. A faint sense of calling tugged at him, and he walked down the corridor. His steps were slightly heavy, but he continued moving.

He came across a seperate small room downstairs. The door was only slightly open, but the feeling grew stronger the longer he stood. Jake carefully pried the door open, stepping into the room with extreme caution. He looked around, wondering what could be calling him forward in that way.

He looked around — there wasn't anything special in the room. The furniture and fabric over them, but Jake could tell the general shape. On the fabric were some red splatters, but he couldn't really tell from what. He looked on the shelves, seeing some old books. He let his eyes wander until he came across a stack of envelopes, neatly tied together with a piece of twine. He reached forward to pick them up, his curiousity growing with each passing second.

"Jake, what are you doing in here?!" Jake turned around quickly, seeing Sunghoon standing by the door's entrance. Jake's cheeks flushed quickly, not used to seeing Sunghoon's stern expression.

"S-sorry, uhm… I shouldn't have walked off," Jake stuttered. "It'd just, uhm… I wanted to—"

"Don't ever come in this room," Sunghoon said flatly. "This room is off bounds. Don't ever come in here."

Jake simply nodded, walking out the room quickly and stepping past Sunghoon. "I'm going to use the bathroom."

"Jake—"

"No, Sunghoon." Jake continued walking, walking up the stairs to the bathroom. His heart was beating erratically in his chest, and he felt bad, but he had to get away from Sunghoon at that moment. He didn't like that look, that bitter gaze. Why did he look so angry? Why did he react like that?

"Jake, stop." He subsequently grabbed Jake's wrist, stopping him in his tracks immediately. Jake looked at him, his eyes big with the slightest bit of fear. "Jake, I'm sorry—"

"Why did you yell at me?" Jake asked quickly. "I didn't know I wasn't supposed to be in there!"

"I didn't think you'd find that room so quickly, okay?" Sunghoon reasoned with a sigh. "Please… don't touch those letters. I don't think you should see them just yet. Now's not the time."

Jake widened his eyes, feeling the corridor grow cold. Sunghoon's gaze fell to the ground and he released the grip on Jake's wrist. Jake inhaled sharply and stepped forward, reaching to hug the taller male tightly. Sunghoon's arms went around his waist immediately, holding tightly to absorb as much as of the heat Jake emitted as possible. His heart thumped at a more regulated pace and his body relaxed.

"You can talk to me, you know," Jake muttered against his shoulder. "Your sadness will affect me, and I don't want you to be sad. You're supposed to find happiness with me. It'll be okay. We will love one another, and it'll be the most amazing love you'll ever feel. I swear. I'll keep you happy. We'll always be together, Sunghoon. I won't let you go."

Sunghoon sniffed, indicating that he was actually crying. Jake widened his eyes, but didn't comment just yet. "D-don't ever let me go. Stay with me, Sim Jaeyoon— forever."

Jake could tell that he never really had anyone to love him. He knew Sunghoon was alone ever since the accident that prevented him from ice skating. He knew, because there was no way that someone who claimed to have a good family could be so broken. He probably had to go through all his hardships alone, as he lived alone in the lonely countryside.

"I tried to fix myself," Sunghoon muttered. "I know I actually get angry quickly. I know I have secrets because I have trust issues. I thought I'd be okay all by myself — but I was slowly breaking." He smiled suddenly, pulling Jake tighter. "But you're here. I can't be broken if you're here. You're my warmth, my happiness — my soulmate."

Jake felt his eyes tear up. "I'll fix you, Sunghoon. All you need to do is talk to me. Don't tell me everything if you don't want to, but I'd like that level of trust eventually. I want you to be able to trust me wholly one day — okay?"

"I already trust you," Sunghoon muttered. "But those letters… they'll hurt you. They'll make you upset. I'd rather not see you upset."

Jake pulled from the hug, putting a hand on Sunghoon's cheek gently. Jake wiped his tears away, a small smile on his lips. And they kissed again, a mess of love, frail happiness and tears. They felt an entire spectrum of emotions at that moment, but it all mellowed down to sheer, pure love. They were in love, and that's all Sunghoon needed to be happy.