een en veertig ;

"Uhm… it seems that all your vitals are doing just fine. It seems that your sodium is doing fine as well, and you seem rather healthy to me."

Jake smiled as a sigh of relief escaped him, his grip on Sunghoon's hand releasing ever so slightly. "Oh, thank goodness."

"You'll only have the next dose, then you'll be done with treatment for your liver," the doctor smiled, putting Jake's file on his desk. "Furthermore, based on the tests we did, it seems that you have another apparent condition — you're anaemic, which is a lack of iron being developed in the blood. However, it's mild and should only cause minor inconveniences. We'll provide a prescription for it."

Sunghoon looked at Jake with a slightly worried gaze, but he was still smiling. With one condition rectified, another problem arose. "But… Jake is okay now… right?"

"Oh, he'll be just fine," the doctor nodded. "Apart from the anaemia, Jake is in perfect health. He should just keep that up, and call me if any problem arises."

Jake sighed again, his smile even brighter. He rested his head on Sunghoon's shoulder, his heart thumping in excitement. He couldn't really express his excitement, since the room was generally quiet, but his warmth proved how happy he was. Even the doctor was smiling because Jake was just too happy.

"Eat plenty of greens that contain iron, and you'll be just fine," the doctor advised, handing Jake his prescription slip. "The pharmacy is downstairs beside Room 6. Give them this and they'll give the necessary medication."

Jake nodded, standing up as he took the slip, bowing simultaneously. Sunghoon bowed as well, thanking the doctor for his services and they left the office with wide smiles. Jake finally voiced his excitement with a loud squeal, barely being able to contain himself.

"Sunghoon, I'm recovered!" Jake exclaimed happily, grabbing the black-haired boy's hands in sheer excitement. "Now nothing can pull us apart."

Sunghoon lifted a hand to gently pat Jake's head, simultaneously smoothing his hair. "The universe wouldn't dare take you away from me. I'll fight with every cell of my being."

Jake wanted to complain about Sunghoon treating him like a puppy, but he was far too elated to really care. "Even if it tried, I'd fight as well. Let's get my medication and get out of here."

Well, that was an obstacle that was overcome. Jake and Sunghoon wouldn't be pulled apart that easily, it seemed, so maybe more obstacles were needed to test their love. A strong love indeed, but how strong was it? Only time would tell. Soulmates needed to stay strong together, or the universe would mercilessly pull them apart.

Hyuna huffed out an annoyed breath as she crossed the street to get to the hospital. She had been standing at the crossing far too long as she waited for the light to turn green for the pedestrians to walk. Jake had called her, stating that they had just picked up his medication, and they were ready to leave. They would go to a cafe together, but the traffic department had an agenda against her this day.

"Why did I let Jay distract me like that…?" she muttered, pushing her hair out her face. "They've probably been waiting a long time too…"

She suddenly got a message on her phone when she reached the other side of the street and quickly checked her phone to see that it was a message from Jake.

that kid™:
> we found a cafe a block away from the hospital. Across the entrance way, there's a place called 'mont blanc'. We're waiting there, but take your time, there's no rush :D

Hyuna checked her surroundings and saw that the hospital entrance wasn't too far from where she was. Hyuna picked up her feet and walked down the street until she got to a less busy street. She kept her eyes peeled for any sign of the cafe, and eventually found it. With a relieved sigh, she entered the cafe, making sure to bow to the cafe owner.

"Noona, over here," Sunghoon called, alerting her of their presence by waving his hand. Hyuna greeted them, sitting down by the table. "Jake said to order a taro milk boba."

"Where were you for so long?" Jake asked, sitting on his hands to make them warmer. The cafe was definitely more warm than the outside world, but they still had to adapt to the artificial heat.

"I got a call from the factory, but then I started wandering as I spoke on the phone," Hyuna said. "I intended on going to get a coffee, but then I got distracted by Jay — he was at a cafe with his friends — when I realised that I'd be short of time. As soon as I left the cafe, you called about getting your meds, so I got here as quickly as possible."

"You saw Jay?" Sunghoon asked, raising an eyebrow. "What a coincidence."

Hyuna could only smile. "He planned it, don't give him too much credit. He's so cute, he pulled me inside to brag about me to his friends. Goodness, I just want to kiss his cheeks."

"Jeez, you're so in love," Jake joked, rubbing his hands together. "It's oddly cold in here, isn't it?"

"I think we're too far from the heater," Hyuna hummed, looking behind her. "Let's move closer to it."

"Order 42!"

"I'll get our drinks, since I ordered," Sunghoon said, standing from the table. He rushed to the front desk, meeting the eyes of a male that seemed to be around his age. The boy had a mess of brown hair on his head, and his words stopped half-way as he spoke. Sunghoon raised an eyebrow. "Uhm… order 42…?"

And a strange feeling suddenly filled Sunghoon. He gripped his hands by his sides, his heart thumping as slow warmth filled his chest. Despite this new warmth, Sunghoon was still confused. The boy before him was suddenly blushing madly, stepping backwards as he looked away.

Let's see if Jake and Sunghoon truly love one another.

"A-are you my…?"