Part 43

A/N : ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️
Read it at your own risk.
EMOTIONAL SCENES AHEAD!!! 📢📢

Off's POV

''Papii...'' Gun broke into tears.

''Papii, you died saving me.... Why did you save me like this!! You should have let me die!'' Gun kneeled down while sobbing.

''No, Gun. I don't regret saving you! It was the best decision, I have ever taken. And I don't regret a single moment of it!'' I said as I hugged him.

''No! Papii! No! I-I should have died! I-I-'' Gun's voice cracked as he spoke.

''Shush, Gun. Don't cry. I can't see you crying, it breaks my heart.'' I said caressing his hair.

''But Papii... How did you know me? And why didn't you tell anything before?'' Gun asked sniffing.

I hold him tighter in my embrace. I don't want him to part the hug. Hugging him gives me a kind of peace, which I find nowhere else. This is the best feeling to me, just to hug him and hold him tight in my embrace.

I recalled our first meeting. The most beautiful moment in my life when I fell in love with a complete stranger. I still remember that day, the exact moment when my eyes met him. When it felt like the time had stopped, colours felt like vibrating, my heart skipped a beat. That very beautiful moment is still vivid in my memory lane as the first time.

Flashback

At a mall

It was a weekend morning around 11 am. I was standing at our usual shopping mall to buy some clothes. I called Tay and Arm to join me as we all need to buy some clothes and shoes. It was a normal usual sunny morning until it became the most special day of my life.

I was waiting for my friends for like hours but they were nowhere to be seen. No reason behind that. Probably, they were sleeping like babies as it was a weekend morning. I didn't even plan this meeting before. I just happened to wake up quite early today and thought to go for shopping. And about informing them, I just called them and they both agreed to come. I sighed thinking, I should have went to there house to pick them up as they might have still be sleeping.

I called them a few more times but this time them both hung up the damn phone and texted that they were on their way. Bunch of liars. As I had nothing do, I thought to roam around the mall. While roaming around, I saw a little boy standing in front of the escalator, crying.

Where was his parents? Is he lost? I kept assuming things as I stood still seeing that boy. A pain started to grow in my heart. I know this feeling to be left alone. I have been through this. The feeling of loneliness, the feeling of coldness. This feeling initiates fear also. These fear grows into a kind of phobia. I hate this feeling. I was also left alone like this once. My biological mother left me alone at a public place like this. It was an amusement park. It is the place I hate the most.

I was dragged out of my own thoughts when I saw a short figure approached to the little boy. He had an innocent and cute face. Brown almond round eyes, pink plump lips, I must admit he was really adorable.

He gave a wide smile to the kid and bent his knees to match with the kid's height. The smile warmed my cold heart just like how spring days embraces you after a cold winter morning. I still remember that smile. The smile, I fell hard for. The smile felt like a cosy hug. A smile that will never leave you in cold dark night, alone. A smile that always will be there to protect you no matter what.