Part 24

New's POV

After our really awkward conversation and about 3 hours drive, we have finally reached at the graveyard. The graveyard was huge and scary as hell. I am sure tonight all the spirits pf this graveyard will haunt me down for sure. 

My whole body is trembling because of fear. My legs are getting numb and hands are getting cold. Today's weather is not even that hot but here I am sweating like bullets. I am so dead inside but I still manage to walk side by side of P'Tay. 

We are now at the gate of the graveyard. There is a guard, who is sitting on a chair. He was sitting like a mannequin.  His face was covered with a cap and head was a little tilted. Why isn't he even moving? What if he is dead? 

''P'Tay.... P'Tay....'' I whispered in P'Tay's ear. 
''Hmm?'' P'Tay replied.
''Why is the guard not moving? Is he dead or something?'' I asked him.
''New! Stop imagining things! Why will he be dead?!'' P'Tay said and gave a soft smack on my head.
''Okay, I hope that too.'' I said and pouted. 

''Swasdee Khab, P'! Please open the gate.'' P'Tay said to the guard. 
The guard didn't answer. 
What if he is a ghost? 
''P'Tay, why is he not speaking?'' I asked P'Tay. 
''P', can you hear me?'' P'Tay asked the guard and waved his hand.
The guard still didn't answer neither he moved. 

''P'Tay... I am getting scared now. Why is he not moving either even speaking?'' I asked trembling. 
P'Tay stepped back a few steps and hold my hand tightly. 
''I heard graveyard guards are usually grumpy or maybe he is sleeping?'' P'Tay whispered.
''Maybe a ghost killed him and took his body! Oh My God P'Tay! P'Tay! I am scared!! Why don't we call a exorcist or something??'' I said holding his hand tightly as possible and closed my eyes. 
P'Tay gave a me a glare and said ''Stop with your hypothesis New! Maybe he is just sleeping! I should check him. Stand still here.''

P'Tay started to walk towards the guard. 
''No!!! P'!! What if the ghost attacks you too?? What will happen to me then!!?? I can't let you get killed in front of me!!!!'' I cried.
''New, calm down! Stop being dramatic!!'' P'Tay said and glared me. 

''P'??'' P'Tay asked and touched the guard on his shoulder. 
The guard then fell from the chair and laid motionlessly on the ground.

''AAAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa P'TAY !!!!!!!! P'TAY!!!!!!'' I shouted and jumped him in fear. 
P'Tay kept standing there motionlessly for a few moments and then started laughing his ass out. 

''P'?? Are you okay?? Why are you laughing??'' I asked while sobbing.
''New, come here and see this.'' P'Tay said laughing. 

Why is P'Tay laughing like this? Is something wrong with him? Did the ghost also possessed P'Tay? Will the ghost attack me now??

''Hey evil ghost, leave P'Tay alone! Go away evil ghost!! Please leave me and my P'Tay alone....'' I started chanting. 

What if P'Tay turned around to me now and I see a ghost not my P'Tay?

''Hey ghost!!! Don't turn around facing me!!! And leave us!!!'' I said trembling. 

And P'Tay turned around and started walking towards me. But P'Tay's face looks normal and his feet is also straight. 

(A/N: I have heard that ghosts legs always faces backward of their body while walking.)

''Don't come near me!!! Shoo shoo shoo!!!'' I cried and started hitting him with my hands. 
''New! New! It's me! Your P'Tay!! I am fine! There is no ghost and no ghost possessed me!! Calm down!!'' P'Tay said and hugged me. 
''P' is it really you?'' I asked sniffing. 
''Yeah stupid this is me!'' P'Tay said wiping my tears. 

Thank God! No ghost possessed my P'Tay. I calmed down and took a deep breath. 

''But P'... What happened to the guard?'' I asked. 
''Ohh.. That's not a guard. Look it is a mannequin doll. Here come with me and see!'' P'Tay said and dragged me to the place were the guard was laying. 

I bent a little and saw that it was actually a mannequin not a human. Why the fuck would someone put a mannequin here!!?? 

''For God's sake!! Why is there a mannequin?!'' I said giving a annoying look. 
''It almost killed me with fear!!!'' I angrily said. 
''I don't know, this is stupid. Let's g-'' Before P'Tay finished his talking another voice joined. 

''Young men? May I ask what are you doing here?'' A middle aged man said.

We both turned around and saw a man was standing there. 

''Are you a ghost??'' I asked standing behind P'Tay.
''No, why would I be a ghost?! I am human in flesh and blood. I am the guard of this graveyard.'' The man said. 
''P', we are here to visit my friend's grave. But a mannequin was here guarding this place...'' P'Tay said. 
''Ohh.. That mannequin! Whenever I go to the washroom or have food I left it on my sit so that no one can enter the graveyard. Many adventure lover kids often come here to discover ghosts or play stupid games. So, I left it here as I went to the washroom.'' The man said.

 Like what?! I never heard such a stupid reason in my entire life. What the fuck! Why would kids come to a graveyard to encounter with a ghost or play games! Stupid kids!! And why this guard would do this!!!  But this guard man is quite smart to think a idea like this.

My expression changed into an annoyed one. 

''Ohh P'... Sorry to disturb you at this moment. But kindly, open the gate so that we can enter.'' P'Tay said and gave him a smile. 
I didn't say anything. 

''No, no. No need to say sorry, it's my duty to do this. In fact, I am sorry if I scared you guys with this mannequin doll. I am extremely sorry.'' The guard said. 
''It's okay... P'.'' I said. 

Then, the guard opened the gate and and we finally went inside the graveyard.
 Now, we are walking through this willowy path. The graveyard was getting eerie and sinister. 
My fear was now again returning to max level. 

I am now highly regretting coming here. My God, please save me and P'Tay if we encounter any ghost here. It is broad daylight but the graveyard was covered with trees; made this place more scary and dark. It even felt like the shadows under the tree was a silhouette of a ghost. 

P'Tay was walking right in front of me. I was walking slowly and behind him as I was scared and my legs felt week. My heart beat was increasing more and more in my each step forward. What if a ghost come in front of us? Suddenly, I felt something on my shoulder. 

''P'Tay!!! P'Tay!!! I cried out loud and hugged him from behind. 

He parted the hug and hugged me from front as fast as he could. I was closing my eyes and sweating as hell. P'Tay hugged me tightly and caressed my hair to calm me down. 

''It's okay, It's fine. It was just a leaf, New.'' He said and blew away the leaf that fell on my shoulder. 

Then I moved my head and stared into his eyes with teary eyes. I was in the verge of crying. 

''I'm telling you the truth. You trust me, right?'' P'Tay said looking right into my eyes. 
I just nodded and we parted the hug. 

''I am very sorry P'... I was just so scared that...'' I got cut of by P'Tay's laughing. 

He was laughing his ass out looking at me because I got scared of a small leaf. Though he was laughing at me but I just couldn't get mad at him. His smile was so beautiful. No, he was beautiful. He looks like an angel, when he smiles. How can someone look so beautiful while laughing! P'Tay's smile can literally end all wars and bring eternal world peace. I was staring at him like there is no tomorrow. Then, he stopped laughing and came closer to me. 

''New... I hope you are not mad at me for laughing at you like this. I am even so surprise because I barely laugh like this. I am sorry naa....'' He said avoiding my eyes. 

''It's fine, P'! I am not mad at you. I was just looking at your smile. Your smile is really beautiful, P'. Keep smiling, P'! I love to see you smile.'' I said and give him a warm smile. 

''Ummm... Thank you.. Let's go visit Peng's grave...'' P'Tay said and walked away blushing.