Part 33

Third Person POV

Day 03

5th wish : Be a cakeboy for someone's birthday.

Off wanted to be a cakeboy in someone's birthday, which Gun thought a very unusual wish to fulfil after dying. And the most impossible thing was to fulfil the wish properly. As Gun have to hold the cake instead of Off because Off was a damn ghost. Now, the problem is where can they find a birthday boy/girl. As for Gun's memory, there was no one whose birthday is around. This became a major problem, as it's been already 2 days and they still couldn't find a single person, whose birthday is around.

As Off and Gun had nothing to do these days, so they came to a restaurant to have their dinner at 10:50 pm. But they came to the restaurant right before it's closing time.
The restaurant staff had already started to decorate the restaurant as it was booked tomorrow for some kid's birthday. Off immediately had an idea seeing this decoration.

''Gun, what if we become a cakeboy in a random person's birthday?'' Off asked sipping his soup.
Gun choked on his soup.
''What?!'' Gun said being astonished.

''How can you be a cakeboy in a stranger's birthday?! Police will lock us up in the jail for the crime of invading someone's privacy!!'' Gun said.
''And we are not even invited!! Have you gone mad or something!?'' Gun added still looking at Off with his wide eyes.
''Hey! Hey! Calm down! We are just going to give a surprise! Look, this restaurant is being decorated as tomorrow is someone's birthday. They even booked this restaurant for tomorrow, look at the notice outside which is just being added to the notice board near the entrance, it clearly says ''The restaurant is booked for today. We are extremely sorry that we can't serve you at this moment. Kindly, come again later. Thank you!''. Andddd this decoration looks like it's for a kid's birthday. So, how about we surprise that kid?'' Off said with high expectations.

''Okay... Sounds like a good idea, I guess..... But we should buy a gift for that kid, what do you think?'' Gun said still unsure that is it a good idea or not.
''Yes, we will. We will buy a cake, a gift and a costume for you to wear tomorrow!'' Off said while counting how many things they have to do.

''First, we are going to buy a gift. But what are we going to buy!? We don't even know it is a boy or girl! Second, why a costume for me? Am I going to a circus or something?!?!'' Gun said being slightly annoyed.
''We can know whose birthday it is, I will show you how. And, as it is a kid's birthday party, you will wear a cartoon costume!'' Off said as his eyes sparkling with high hope, that they will succeed.
''Okay....'' Gun said still doubting about his decision.

After eating, Off told Gun to ask a waiter about tomorrow's event.

''I will tell you what to say and you just have to repeat that to the waiter.'' Off said as he saw the waiter is coming towards them.
''Okay....'' Gun agreed.

''Hope you enjoyed the meal, Sir. Here is your bill.'' The waiter said and gave Gun the receipt.

Gun paid the bill and Off started to talk.

''The restaurant is booked tomorrow, right?'' Off said and Gun repeated.
''Yes, it is Sir. We are extremely sorry, as we can not serve you, if you are not invited.'' The waiter apologized.
''May I know what party is being held tomorrow?'' Off said and Gun repeated.
''It is a birthday party, Sir.'' The waiter replied.

''Oh, a birthday party! I should do my next birthday party here also!'' Off said and Gun gave him a glare.
''I am sorry to ask but may I know whose birthday party is this?'' Gun said as he didn't want to repeat Off.
''Hey! I was praising this restaurant. So, that the waiter would melt and tell us all the information all by himself!'' Off said and pouted.
Gun again gave him a glare.