Part 17

Third Person POV

Today was a really simple old boring day to Gun. 

Gun woke up in the morning for his class. He was hoping Off would go to his class with him today also. Yesterday was a little scary but a very fun day. Gun was hoping today will a fun day to. But everyday in our life is not same. Gun sighed thinking about his bad luck. 

Gun had class today at 8 am. So, he woke up at sharp 7. He saw Off was already up, making breakfast. 

''P'Off, you are awake? I thought you would be tired. Yesterday was a long day.'' Gun said half sleepy, rubbing his eyes. 
''Yeah, I am up. I thought, I should make breakfast today before leaving-'' Before Off could finish his sentence, Gun cut him off by freaking out. 
''Leaving???!! Where are you going P'??'' Gun, now fully awoke freaking out. 
''Are you going to leave me for forever P'??'' Gun said lowing his tone on last word looking at the ground, feeling a huge rock on his chest. 

Gun's eyes were becoming red, he was in the verge of tears now. 

''What if I say I am?'' Off asked Gun, who was really feeling down now. 
''I-I....'' A silent tear fell from Gun's eye. 

''HAHAHAHAHAHA''
Off was laughing his ass out.
''Gun! You, HAHAHAHA!!'' Off was laughing, even happy tears also came out from his eyes. 
Off was now rolling on the ground. 

''Why are you laughing P'?'' Gun asked naively, sniffing. 
''No Gun, I am not going to leave you so soon. I am going to disturb you more!!'' Off said showing his tongue after finishing his words. 

''Then where are you going P'?'' Gun said wiping his tears away.
''I thought I should go to home today. I will come back at night.'' Off said giving a smile. 
''Ohhh... Okay P'. Then, I will visit my mae today also... I have not met her in months now.'' Gun said giving a smile which was full of pain and his eyes longing to see his mother. 
Off just nodded and didn't say anything. He didn't have any words to comfort Gun. So, he remained silent.

Gun and Off finished their breakfast in silence and went in their own directions.

***

Gun called New to ask was he ready or not. New picked the phone half asleep and said he will not come today. Gun sighed and ended the call.

Gun was now walking alone on road to his college. He was feeling like a piece of himself was gone. He felt very empty and down. He was imaging, how Off and he was talking and laughing just yesterday on their way to college. Yesterday was the best day of Gun's college life. Gun sighed thinking about his luck. 

Classroom

Gun reached to his classroom. So, he sat on a desk and put his bag on the desk beside him. Gun was now on his phone. After a few minutes New came. 

''Phew! I just made it on time. I thought, I would be late today. I woke up late. I just couldn't sleep last night at all.'' New said panting. 
''Sit, sit! take a breath!'' Gun said taking away his bag from the desk beside him to let New sit. 
''But you told me in the morning that you are not coming today. Then, what changed your mind?'' Gun asked giving a curious look.
''Uhhhh... I was half asleep so.. I just didn't notice what I said.... I woke up after you called me so, I checked the time and got hit by a lightning strike. And you know what happened next!'' New replied.

''I just forget I have to go to a date sorry I mean shopping, phone shopping with P'Tay. So, how can I not come to the college today?! Why would I dig my grave?! I can forget my birthday but not this.'' New thought.

***

Canteen 

New and Gun finished their classes. Now, they are having Lunch at canteen in silence. So, New broke the ice.

''Gun, did something happened? You look slightly down today....'' New asked looking concerned. 
''Ummm... No, nothing happened.'' Gun said giving a week smile. 
''I know something happened. Tell me. You can share anything with me Gun. I will hear anything you say without judging you.'' New said. 
''You were looking really happy yesterday Gun, then what happened today?'' New added. 

Gun wanted to say New what happened but how can he explain his situation to him? Will New believe him? Gun didn't want to lie but he didn't have any option. 

''I am thinking to visit my Mae today..... So, I was just thinking about that man, you know same old problem.'' Gun said giving a week smile. 
''Ohh.... Don't think about that man. Just ignore that man. You can meet your Mae whenever you want, it's your Mae, you have the same rights to meet her as that man.'' New said.
''Hmm...'' Gun said. 

***

After their classes end, New and Gun parted their ways. 

Gun tried to call his mother but she didn't pick up the call. Gun started to panic because she always picks Gun's call no matter what. 

''Why is she not picking the call? I didn't even call her back after the day of accident.'' Gun thought. 

Gun took a taxi to go to his mother's house. He have not came to this house for about a year now. Gun and his mother have meet in cafes or Gun's mother would come to Gun's dorm as his step father and Gun's relationship was not in good terms. Gun was also very uncomfortable to meet her in that house because of his step father. 

Gun reached at the facade of his step father's house. Gun took a deep breath to calm himself down. Then, he pressed the calling bell. Gun was waiting for about 10 mins. Still, no one opened the door. He was then about to press the calling back again but his step father opened the door.

''You? What do want now?'' Gun's step father asked giving a annoyed look.

Gun was feeling very angry to see that man. And the tone of his voice was like that when you see an unwelcomed person. His step father never accepted him as his son neither even behaved good towards him. But Gun controlled his emotions and answered him in a cold tone. 

''I have came here to meet my Mae. Can I not meet her?  Gun said with a cold tone. 
''She is a bit sick. I think that's the reason behind she called you the other day but you didn't even bother to answer her. What a great son!'' He said with a sarcastic tone. 

Gun was raging now. But he again controlled himself so that he can see his mother. 

''I did but something bad happened on that day. So, I couldn't talk to her. I believe this is none of your business, it's between me and my Mae. And I don't want to explain it you either. Please, let me in.'' Gun said in a cold tone.
''She is upstairs in her room.'' His step father answered and stepped aside to let him in.

Gun came inside the house and ran up stairs to meet his mother. 

***

Gun's mother was sleeping. Gun sat beside her and caressed her hair.

''Mae... I missed you so much. Sorry, I couldn't talk to that day. I am really sorry.'' Gun said with teary eyes and placed a kiss on her forehead.

His mother opened her eyes and was surprised to see Gun beside her. She sat down on the bed and stared at Gun lovingly.

''How are you, Gun my lovely son?'' His mother asked.
''I am fine Mae... But why are you sick? Did you skip your medicines or meals Mae? I have always told you to take your medicine on time Mae. Don't skip meals Mae!'' Gun said.
''No, son I didn't. It's just normal sickness in this age.'' His mother replied.
''Take care naa Mae. I am fine Mae, don't think to much about me. Think about yourself.'' Gun said.
''Okay, okay I will. But first answer me. Why didn't you answer my call that day? I was so worried that I thought something bad happened to you.'' His mother said looking concerned.
''Nothing, Mae. It's just I almost had an accident. Nothing serious happened.'' Gun replied.
''What??!! You almost had an accident??!! Gun, you are not hurt anywhere, are you?'' His mother asked in a concerned tone. 
''Uhhh... No I am not hurt that much, just got a little scratch in my hand. Let's drop the matter Mae. It was a small accident. Let's talk about other good things Mae.'' Gun lied.

Gun didn't want to lie to his mother. But if he said he hurt his hand and a person died saving him, his mother would totally freak the hell out. Also, his mother was sick so he didn't want his mother to worry about him now more than her health. 

''Have you eaten lunch, Mae?'' Gun asked.
''Yes dear. I am also feeling really better today.'' His mother said.
''Glad to hear that, Mae.'' Gun replied.

They talked for a while. Gun gave her a lotion and perfume he bought for her before coming here. 

Gun bid his goodbye and wai'ed to his mother and left for his dorm.

***

It was almost midnight now.

Gun couldn't find a taxi. He cursed his luck again. So, he took the night bus to come back.
He walked from the bus stop to his dorm. 

He was really exhausted as he ran up the stairs. He went inside his room and saw Off had made dinner for him. Off was already asleep. Gun was sure that Off was waiting for him but fell asleep as he took so long to come.

Gun ate the dinner that Off made for him. He was really happy that he had someone to took care of him beside his mother and New. 

Gun missed Off the entire day so much because Off was not with him the entire day. They didn't even talk today after morning. It was becoming a habit for him to see Off beside him and having his company. Off was becoming more than a Phi, more than a friend to him.

Gun took a shower and went to his bed. He laid on the bed facing Off.

''I missed you, P'Off.'' Gun said and smiled.