Supernatural//8

• Dedicated to My lovely readers <3

 Eight.

"What's the strangest thing you've ever seen?" Ryan asked, his eyes gazing out the rain-darkened windows. The fog still swirled outside and the pounding rain didn't make driving any safer. It's been half an hour and the horrendous weather still hadn't let up. It was still as wet, cold, misty and steaming as ever. Looking out the window, I was suddenly worried about my mother and brother. I didn't know where they were or if they were okay. This is the second biggest storm in Houston since the nineteenth hundreds; I beg to differ as sheets of rain washed insistently down the windshield. All around us, cars were parked against the curb, engines cut off but headlights still shined, sweeping against the trunk of the cars in front.

"Strangest thing? Uh..." I pondered all the events that I'd crossed so far. There was that time I caught my older brother sleeping with my best friend; I mean, they argue and hassle each other constantly. The fact that they could even be remotely attracted to each other is by far the strangest thing I've seen. But the incident I'd encountered with that wolf overrode everything.

We were playing twenty questions and the things I've discovered about him was amusing. For most embarrassing moment, he'd told me about the time he was pantsed when he was in grade school right in the middle of the recess field full of his friends. They laughed at him for weeks; even retelling the story to me made his cheeks flushed red and he stared vacantly out the windshield, refusing to meet my entertained and disbelieving stare. When he asked me about my favorite movies, we had a full-blown discussion about our likes and dislikes of the movie Avatar.

I'd never lie once when we were swapping questions and answers and I didn't intend to. He'd never lie to me; at least, he haven't had the reason to. So, I shove all the doubts and alarm bells from my mind and plunged ahead, following my gut-wrenching instincts to tell him about the glimpse of the lone wolf. "A few nights ago," I started, making sure I had his attention and that he wasn't going to tease me about my overactive imagination. "I looked out my window and I saw a wolf."

I felt him stiffen and his arms went slack around my hips. "And?" He replied quietly. I couldn't pinpoint the exact emotion his voice outwardly displayed but I was baffled, confused, by the mixture of anger and fright.

"And," I took a deep breath. "it turned its head and stared straight at me. That's when I freaked and drew the drapes closed. I mean, it sounds silly but when I saw its eyes, it wasn't yellow, like I assumed most wolves would be. Instead, it was the color of jade. Like your eyes." I reached up and traced his cheeks, feeling a strange intimacy in the simple gesture. "Except it's a shade lighter. I-I wouldn't know! I'm just guessing."

"What was it doing?" He asked, ignoring my shameful expression on his eye colors.

I shrugged. "It was just walking around though, for some reason, I have a strange feeling that it was waiting for me, as weird as that might sound." I stared up at him, my eyes searching for any signs that he was judging me, labeling me as a psychopath. "You think I'm crazy, don't you?"

"Get in the seat and put on your seat belt. Now." Ryan ordered, lifting me up and plopping me down on the passenger's seat. I did as he told and buckled my seat belt with trembling hands, unsure if his sudden change of attitude was brought on because of something I'd said.

"What's going on?" I asked, gripping the seat so taut that my knuckles shone white.

He expertly maneuver out of the position between two cars; one in front and one behind. Dismissing the perilous weather, he drove with incredible speeds, out-driving cars that were too slow or those that were parked haphazardly around the roads. I sneaked a glance at him and shrank back from the venom in his eyes. I'd noticed that his hands were clutching the steering wheel so tightly they seemed to be shaking from the impact of it all. I was afraid that if he removed his hold, the indentation of his fingers and palms would be carved in the plastic.