26: Goodbye

Once she knew that she had disappeared from Jungkook's gaze, Tzuyu let her tears fall.

She could feel her hear tearing into shreds. She wanted Jungkook back, but she knew that Jungkook would never forgive her. All she could do was to leave the school immediately.

She hated Jungkook for making her heart flutter so wildly. She hates him for encaging her with bonds of love, while she was struggling to break free.

Tzuyu went into her dorm room, where Momo and Dahyun were sound asleep, and packed her remaining items into her suitcase. Throughout the entire process, she kept her soft sniffles hidden, so she wouldn't wake them up.

---------------------------------------------------

Tzuyu felt bad for lying to Jungkook. 

Two months ago, when she was planning her escape, once breaking Jungkook apart, her only goal was to get as far from him as possible. She told Jungkook that she was flying back to Taiwan to visit her family, but she had lied.

She was going to America, where she was planning to start her career. This way he'll never know where I am, no matter how hard he tries to look for me.

Five minutes later, Tzuyu wheeled her suitcase to the door.

She didn't want to leave her roommates forever without a goodbye, but she had to. She didn't know how to explain her breakup to them. She had to leave immediately so her feelings wouldn't take over her and bind her to the school.

She looked at her friends' sleeping figures and whispered for the last time, "Goodbye."

Momo and Dahyun slept on, unknowing that Tzuyu had left them forever.

-------------------------------------------

Jungkook was still in the courtyard, fuming but reminiscing over Tzuyu. He wanted her, but somehow, he couldn't forgive her.

He saw a figure carrying a suitcase heading towards the school gate, and him. Who on earth would be leaving in the middle of the night? It was Tzuyu.

He was surprised to see her, and apparently, so was she, to see him. Tzuyu was determinedly avoiding his gaze, but he saw her eyes, slightly red, fill with tears. Her eyes called out a silent plea to him.

--------------------------------------------

He choked back his tears, "Tzuyu-ah."

Tzuyu, desperate to keep her voice even, told him, "We don't have any kind of relationship anymore. I don't know you."

Jungkook's voice cracked at her response, "There's one thing I would like to ask you. One last thing, and then I won't bother you anymore."

He hoped his instincts were right. It was his last chance to know the truth.

"Do you still love me?"

He expected Tzuyu to say no, or even walk away without answering him. To his astonishment, a single tear dropped from Tzuyu's eyes.

She bowed her head and turned away from his gaze. She whispered, as if to herself, "Yes."

Tzuyu, apparently not realizing that Jungkook could hear every word, continued softly, "But we can never be together." She wiped the tear from her eyes, and walked away.

---------------------------------------------------

Jungkook stood there, immobilized, as he watched Tzuyu go past the school gate and disappeared from his sight, probably forever.

He knew there was no point to chase after her, because she had already made her decision to forget him. There was nothing he could do. Silently, he prayed that she would have a good future and would soon find her happiness.

Tzuyu, my Heart Breaker, I love you, and I want you.

Outside, in the busy streets of Jongno-gu, Tzuyu could feel her heart aching for Jungkook, as tears poured down her face, even though she had sworn to forget him forever. She prayed that Jungkook would be alright.

Jungkook, my mortal nemesis, I love you, but I don't want you.

Goodbye... forever