13: Girlfriend?

Tzuyu saw Jungkook's hand reaching to caress her cheek tenderly.

The butterflies in her stomach were fluttering wildly. He's going to kiss me! She closed her eyes are got ready to feel Jungkook's lips against hers. 

She slowly leaned closer to him and she saw Jungkook doing the same to her. Their lips were less than an inch away. Any moment now.

She could already feel his minty breath.

------------------------------

The door suddenly banged open, and Jungkook immediately pushed Tzuyu away from him. Tzuyu quickly went over to the dining table and pretended to be tidying up the papers on the table.

Half a second later, Hoseok could be heard yawning widely, as he stored his shoes in the shoe rack, "I'm so tired after practice today. I'll go an take a bath now." 

He started to take off his shirt, to save time. He saw Tzuyu, who was determinedly averting her eyes, in the room, and he hastily put his shirt back on. 

Tzuyu, who was unusually red in the face, stammered, "Uh, you're here Hoseok-ssi. I'd better go now. See you tomorrow." She added to Jungkook, "Your girlfriend's texting you", pointing at the new message notification on Jungkook's phone next to her.

-------------------------------------------

Once he was sure that Tzuyu was gone from the room, Jungkook's soft and loving expression quickly hardened and he lunged at Hoseok, "Ya pabo! Why do you have to come here at this inappropriate timing? We were talking our hearts out and I was about to confess to her when you interrupted us!" He put extra emphasis on the last three words as he repeatedly punched every inch he could reach on Hoseok's body.

Namjoon, as if on cue, shuffled into the room silently and sat on his bed, amused while watching his 'brothers' fight like kids. 

Very soon, Hoseok stopped defending himself from Jungkook's punches, and a frown crept up onto his face, "Who was that girlfriend Tzuyu was talking about? I thought you had sworn loyalty to her!" 

He turned on Jungkook's phone and saw the notification Tzuyu was mentioning about, "Who the hell is this Park Jihyo girl?"

Namjoon looked alarmed at the sudden accusation, and Jungkook raised his hands in surrender, while sighing with exasperation, "She's not my girlfriend and will never be. 

I forgot to tell you guys, that my father has arranged a marriage for me, and Jihyo's my to-be wife. I've met her today, and both of us strongly oppose the marriage. We're just contacting each other to know about the situation. Nothing more, nothing less."

-------------------------------------------

It was Hoseok's turn to attack Jungkook first this time, and he hit him on his shoulder, "Yah why didn't you tell us earlier?" He looked relieved to know that Jungkook wasn't cheating on Tzuyu. 

In the chaos, Namjoon suddenly recalled a memory, a memory of bumping into Tzuyu on his way back to the dorm. 

He remembered Tzuyu greeting him with an obviously forced smile plastered on her face. He remembered seeing her with slightly red eyes. He remembered her avoiding his gaze as she hastily rushed past him, ignoring his warnings that it was slightly drizzling outside. 

His eyes widened with understanding, "Jungkook, you're in grave trouble now."