21: Confrontation

Time skip... 4 months later

It was almost June, a few weeks before their exams start, and both Jungkook and Tzuyu seemed to be working until late at night, and waking up early in the morning. They even took their lunches off to cram their entire textbooks into their heads. 

Despite all that, Tzuyu had never failed to act like the perfect girlfriend and spent time with Jungkook whenever she could. They spent even more time in each other's arms, and Jungkook's love for Tzuyu grew.

Seeing Tzuyu's soft and warm gestures, Hoseok was fully convinced that she loved him. "Look, she really loves him," he argued to Namjoon and Momo one afternoon after class, when the three of them were gathered outside the boys' dorm room, "I can tell. Let's just forget about our earlier suspicions." 

He gestured into the dorm room, where Jungkook and Tzuyu were busy studying, while talking softly. He could see a soft glow in Tzuyu's eyes.

------------------------------------------------

Namjoon didn't say anything, while Momo also nodded, fully convinced, "Yea. We were wrong before." He was a silent observer, and he could easily tell the truth. 

Contrasting from Hoseok's claim, he believed that Tzuyu still didn't love Jungkook. He saw how emotionless, or sometimes even dark, her eyes became whenever she interacted with him.

He wasn't a love expert, nor did he have much love experience, but he loved reading a lot, and had read enough romance novels to know how a real in-love person should act. He didn't have any single piece of evidence, but his heart told him that Tzuyu didn't just didn't like Jungkook. 

It was something even more, something he couldn't pinpoint yet.

-------------------------------------------------

He looked at her through the open doorway closely. 

He was completely aware that Momo and Hoseok were talking beside him, but he wasn't paying attention, and didn't have a single clue of what they were chitchatting about.

He was right.

He saw Tzuyu faking a smile every time Jungkook talked to her, and how her eyes narrowed and flashed slightly, whenever Jungkook's fingers accidentally brushed hers.

She didn't just didn't love him. 

His instinct told him that Tzuyu didn't even like Jungkook.

-------------------------------------------------

"Kookie, can I talk to you outside?" Namjoon called through the door.

If he was a close friend of Tzuyu's, he would had definitely interrogated her first. But he wasn't. They were just friends, if you could even call them that.

Jungkook flashed an irritated look, "Hyung-ah, how many times have I told you not to call me by that name? Also, I'm studying and hanging out with my girlfriend. Whatever you have so say, it can wait."

But he soon saw the emergency and fire in Namjoon's eyes, and quickly excused himself.

-----------------------------------------------

He looked completely annoyed with Namjoon when he exited the room, leaving the door open behind him, "Why are you interrupting my date?" 

Namjoon replied him with fire blazing in his eyes, "Do you think Tzuyu loves you? She--"

Jungkook completely lost his temper and raised his voice, "Kim Namjoon! For the last time in my life, TZUYU LOVES ME!" He went back into the room and slammed the door shut, right in Namjoon's face.