6: I Like Her

"Hyung-ah," Jungkook slouched into his dorm and dumped his bag onto his already untidy bed, "I like her."

Namjoon, slightly irritated that Jungkook was disturbing him, never looked up from the essay he was writing, "You always say that, and we all know what's going to happen next." 

"No. I really like her," Jungkook clarified himself, "I saw her breaking today, because of what I did to her friend, and I felt guilty." Namjoon's mouth went wide. "I want her heart and I'm willing to get rid of my past habits to do so."

"Jinjja?!" Hoseok stood at the bathroom door, utterly bewildered by what he had heard.

Jungkook covered his face in embarrassment, and confirmed it, "Yes, I love Tzuyu. She's got that cool but soft vibe that makes me go crazy for her. She probably knows who I was before, but I want to show her that the old Jungkook is gone, and if I have her, I'll promise to stop hurting others."

Hoseok felt ridiculously happy about it.

----------------------------------------

Three hours later, Jungkook was (pretending to be) asleep. Namjoon and Hoseok were sitting side by side on Namjoon's organized bed, watching Jungkook sleep quietly.

"Jungkook has changed," Namjoon whispered in the darkness, "He's not the heart breaker we all know of anymore. He has really managed to forget about his past pain and he's willing to give another girl a chance at his heart."

Hoseok nodded his head, "He's always telling us he'll change with his special someone arrives, and I can tell Tzuyu's the one. I can tell Tzuyu's the one to remove the thorns in his heart, even though she doesn't know about it."

He added, almost subconsciously, "I wish that Momo could feel the same for me too." Namjoon gasped, "You have a crush on Momo?" Hoseok blushed beet red. 

Namjoon said, almost to himself, "The problem is, Tzuyu only sees the hard side Jungkook's forcing himself to make. She doesn't realize the pain and fear he hides beneath his hard surface. We have to help her see the real Jungkook."

---------------------------------------

All that time, Jungkook was awake, silently listening to his hyungs' conversation. They were right: That new girl had really tamed his fierce spirit, even though she actually did nothing. 

A tear of gratitude trickled down his cheek as he thought how determined his roommates, his closest confidants, were, to heal the scar on his heart that was still hurting even after years. He could see that they were hurt when he had hurt all those people in the past, and he wanted to change. He wanted to show that he still had a chance to change.

He wanted Tzuyu to give him another chance to prove himself, and he wanted Tzuyu to be his. He didn't care how long it would take for Tzuyu to finally accept him, and he just wanted Tzuyu to love him back.

Tzuyu, I'll wait for you.