14: Betrayed

Tzuyu stood, all alone, in the pitch black pathway leading to the girl dorms, only illuminated by a few lamps along the way. It was lightly drizzling, but she didn't mind, nor did she care. 

She could feel slashes of hurt and betrayal stinging on her heart. Ever since the first day of meeting him, Tzuyu had believed that Jungkook had a crush on her, so she let him guide her. She didn't expect him to butt into her revenge.

She tried to assure herself that Jungkook had really changed from a Heart Breaker into someone worth loving, but she was wrong. She had let her guard down and let him guide her, when Jungkook was actually planning to break her heart. 

She paid extra attention in class and took notes until her hand went cramp, just because she wanted her revenge to go well and didn't want him to fall behind in his studies. Tzuyu knew she wasn't expressive verbally, so she tried to do her best to make him fall for her through her actions. 

She thought their love was blossoming beautifully, and she was mustering the courage to deliver the final blow. Thirty minutes ago, when Jungkook was talking to her about his crush, Tzuyuy pretended not to know anything, but deep inside, from the way he looked at her with love in his eyes, she knew that he loved her. Her instinct told her so. 

-----------------------------------------------

Tzuyu let her tears trickle down her cheeks. 

She had known him for some time already, and could feel herself slowly falling for him. She has struggled to keep those feelings in check to be able to execute her revenge. But she had no idea that her feelings for him were so strong that she would break like this.

Jungkook knew that she knew about his past, so her had to take another approach to break her heart. Those words he had told her just now, and even when he was about to kiss her, they were just a part of the plan. Even his story of the arranged marriage seemed like a lie.

Jungkook was probably planning to break her heart, when she was also planning to hurt him. If she hadn't discovered that she was texting another girl, she knew that she had broke the plan, when it was just blossoming. 

That Jihyo girl was Jungkook's real girlfriend, and she was also in the plan trying to break her heart. It wouldn't be surprising if Namjoon and Hoseok were also involved. Everything was a lie. 

She was stupid to let her guard down and let the enemy get into her heart. While she was planning to attack Jungkook, she didn't realize that Jungkook was also planning to destroy her.

I've fucked this up, and Sana Minatozaki would never get her revenge on him, just because of my foolish decisions. 

Jeon Jungkook, I hate you.

--------------------------------------

"Tzuyu!" She heard feet pounding towards her, and the familiar voice calling her name seemed like another deep stab to her heart. She turned to see Jungkook running towards her, as fast as his legs could take him.

Seeing how hurt and betrayed Tzuyu looked broke Jungkook's heart. He didn't realize it back then, but Tzuyu took the notification seriously.

He wanted to tell her that it was simply a misunderstanding, and that he loved her.

-----------------------------------------

Tzuyu didn't even try to hide the pain and regret in her eyes.

When she saw Jungkook running towards her, her heart skipped a beat and felt hopeful, despite the pain Jungkook had brought her. 

She wanted to hurt him, like how he hurt her, but somehow she couldn't. Her loyalty and lingering love for Jungkook wouldn't let her do so. 

So she stood there and did nothing.

------------------------------------------------

Tzuyu could feel Jungkook collide with her body, and she staggered slightly, but Jungkook was there to catch her. 

She could feel Jungkook's strong arms wrapping around her back, pulling her into a tight embrace. Her tears flowed even faster, dripping onto his shirt, along with the drizzle, but he didn't seem to mind.  

His sweet smell seemed like a lost memory that she badly wanted to recover, but couldn't. She was just relieved that he had come to her, for whatever the reason.

Tzuyu thought they were going to stand there, embracing for some unknown reason, for the rest of the night, when Jungkook's face moved and saw him close his eyes.

He leaned closer to her, and the next thing she knew, Jungkook had pressed his lips against hers. 

----------------------------------

To my readers, I'm sorry to break this to you, but I will be updating the story less often, since the Christmas break has ended and I will have to endure 9+ hours of schooling every day. It will be very hard for me to find time to write, especially since I also need time for self-study.

I promise to you guys, that I will update ONCE (or twice if I have time) per day/every two days. I know it's far from updating 2-3 times per day, like I did in the previous week, but school is more important, to me, than fulfilling my dreams to be a writer. 

So, I'm sorry about that, and I hope you'll understand.