25: I Love You

"Tzuyu, I love you."

Tzuyu stopped in her tracks.

She could feel tears, for some reason, trickling down her face, upon hearing Jungkook's heartbroken but loving voice. She wanted to walk away and leave Jungkook forever, but she couldn't. Something was holding her back. Something had unlocked compassion within her.

Then something clicked inside her. Her own feelings for Jungkook were holding her back.

Over the year they had been spending together, Tzuyu had subconsciously developed feelings for Jungkook, no matter how hard she tried to deny it. 

At that time, she couldn't do anything except to go according to the plan, because she had sworn loyalty to Sana. Even though she realized her budding feelings for Jungkook, she had forced them away, because she loved Sana. She had forced her love away.

Those forced smiles, those forced hate looks, were all for Sana, and she couldn't do anything against it.

But the situation had changed.

Tzuyu had already successfully executed the revenge for Sana, so she was no longer bound by her promise to Sana. No longer bound by the forced looks of hate. She was free to do whatever she wanted, and she wanted to rush back into Jungkook's arms.

But she couldn't. Doing so would prove her disloyalty towards Sana, and the entire revenge would be backfired on her. She couldn't let all her efforts go to waste.

---------------------------------------------

She wanted it just to be a nightmare she was experiencing. She wanted to wake up and go through another normal day with Jungkook. But she couldn't.

She had pulled the trigger, and nothing could return to normal, no matter how hard she tried to turn back time.

Tzuyu had realized her feelings for Jungkook to late, and there was nothing she could do. Their past, innocent relationship was already gone. There was nothing she could do, except to forget him.

Brushing away her tears, Tzuyu bowed her head and walked away, never glancing back at Jungkook.

Jeon Jungkook, I love you.

---------------------------------------------------

Jungkook couldn't believe that it was actually happening. 

For the second time, the girl whom he loved with all his heart was leaving him. His heart had completely shattered. Tzuyu, or should I say, Sana, had succeeded in getting her revenge. There was no way he could be happy again.

He felt a tear rolling down his cheek, as the inky night darkened with his mood. Tzuyu was walking away from him. It was supposed to be a goodbye for two months, not a goodbye forever. 

He wanted her to turn back and return into his arms, saying it was just a joke, but he somehow knew it would never happen. Tzuyu had left him forever.

Even though he knew it was hopeless, he could feel a spark of hope as Tzuyu stopped in her tracks. He could feel that she was hesitating to turn back to him.

His hope increased slightly as Tzuyu turned her waist slightly in his direction. He willed her, Tzuyu, turn around, and I'll be here for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------

But at the end, she apparently decided against it.

He didn't know what exactly she was doing, but she raised her hand to her face. Maybe to brush away tears? The possibility wasn't high, but somehow, his heart skipped a beat.

Tzuyu was actually crying of her own actions, just like him. He wanted to do go and embrace her, but he just couldn't.

Tzuyu had broke the bond between them, and nothing could back to normal.

She had broke his heart into pieces, and he couldn't forgive her so easily, even though his heart yearned to. 

Tzuyu had started walking again, having decided not to go back to him. All the remaining flickers of hope in Jungkook's heart diminished into ashes.

Chou Tzuyu, I love you, but I can't heal myself after all the pains you have brought me.