"I'm not feeding your ego anymore than I already have in the past twelve hours," she said. Damn. She shut that down. "Just come over, please. And check out of that hotel. You're staying with me now."

Gladly.

"You're sure?"

"I'm positive."

I smiled.

"Okay. I will."

"Cool," she said. "Well, I'll be here all day. Just come over whenever. No rush at all."

"I just need to take a shower and get ready, then I'll be over," I told her. "I'll be as fast as I can."

"Like I said, no rush," she said. "Honestly. If you're still tired, you can sleep longer. I won't mind."

"It's okay. I'm just going to nap in your bed," I told her. I'm so happy to be back with someone who loves naps as much as me.

"Please do," she replied, sounding genuinely excited. "I mean, as long as I can join."

"Of course," I said. "The whole thing is actually contingent upon you joining."

"Then I'll join," she replied. I could tell she was smiling.

"Well," I said, sighing. "I'll be over in the next...half-hour, probably. Maybe a little longer."

"Okay," she replied. "Be safe."

"I will. See you later."

"Can't wait."

I smiled to myself. "Neither can I."

"Bye, Shawn."

"Bye, Gem."

We hung up, and I decided to get moving. The sooner I get ready, the sooner I get to see her.

And I need to see her.

---
gemma <<<

The knock on my door made my heart jump. I hopped off the couch eagerly, feeling too excited to even function.

Keep your cool, Gemma.

I took a deep breath. I do need to keep my cool. I just forgot what being in love is like. I forgot what it does to me. I forgot what he does to me.

I opened the door, revealing exactly the person I wanted to see.

"Hi," he said, smiling.

"Hi," I replied, feeling the butterflies in my stomach evaporate.

He looked at me for a moment like he was trying to figure something out. I felt self-conscious and nervous.

"What?" I asked him, my face burning.

He seemed to snap out of it, and then his face was the one turning red. "Oh. Sorry. I just...I haven't..." he stuttered, making me smile. He seemed to regain his composure after a second. "I just forgot about that feeling that I get in my chest whenever you open the door."

"What kind of feeling is it?" I asked, leaning against the door.

"It makes my heart stop for a moment," he said. "Understandably so. You are the most beautiful girl in the world, after all. Especially today."

I rolled my eyes, but my heart felt full. I did put in a lot of effort today, since I wasn't exactly looking my best last night. I actually did my makeup and my hair today, and this one comment made it all worth it. I want to impress him a bit, you know?