Chapter 50 - Patton's Class

"Good morning Winters....and random kid?" The new receptionist greeted the three. The person had been hired a few weeks after Remy had left the position. There had been several bribes for Remy to come back, but he didn't come back. The school soon gave up after been denied 3 times by the university student.

"Morning Evan," Patton replied back as he signed in the three of them for the school day since they all came in at 7am, an entire hour and a half before the gates were open. It was completely unnecessary to come in that early every day, but Patton usually forgot to do some work, or he wanted to mark some books before school.

Buzz buzz!

This time the nodification came from Patton's phone, completely distracting him as he accidentally wrote his own name wrong. Writting Patton as "Pattam".

Opening his phone, he cheak the nodification, "GASPPPPPP," Patton literally gasped the word gasp.

Leaning down slightly for Yvette to see. The message said:

'Good morning amica mea, the nurses gave me my pjone back but my hands are still a bit shaky, tell Yvette I love her and to not cause trouble at school,'

'And of cource mi amour, I love you,'

'Also, is Janus doing alright? I've gotten a few calls of off his father saying that he didn't come home last night,'

Reading over the messages a few times, Patton smiled like a dork at the person he loved messages. He missed this. But, things felt off on the last message. It wasn't unusual to see Logan caring for people close to him, but, he'd actually heard nothing about Janus' personal life. He wasn't going to pry. But things felt off.

As the three walked to Patton's classroom, which is where the two spent the hour and a half before school. Yvette has a colouring book in there or robs Patton's computer and plays the snake game while he marks books.

"Do you have any homework to do?" Patton asked Janus, making some small talk as they walked to the classroom, passing by Mrs Jones on the way. Her eyes lingered slightly on the group of people, since she didn't recognize Janus. Shrugging she just continued her journey to where ever. No one really knew what Mrs Jones did before school.

"Yeah, I brought it with me incase, but most of it is online," Janus groaned. Honestly he hated the online homework. "Do you mind if I borrow your computer?"

"I don't mind, I'll just be marking books until the kids come,"

"Thanks,"

~~~

Riiiiiiingggggggg!

The school bell went and the kids were soon going to come into the classrooms. "See you later honey,"

"Bye dad, bye Jan!" Yvette called back as she gave back her book to Patton, then she left to go to her own classroom for the rest of the day. Well unless something happens, then he'll see her earlier.

"Bye," Janus waved her away. Turning back to Patton, he looked slightly awkward as he logged out of his school email. "Um....what should I do?" He asked. It had been quite a few years since Janus had been in a primary school.

"If you'd like you could do your homework in a spare seat at the back, then after that you could help the kids with things they ask," Patton decided, thinking about other things Janus could do, usually when he had assistants, they always knew what to do, but this was different, "You can introduce yourself to the kids so they know who you are first,"

"First introductions are always important," Janus agreed, grabbing the on-paper homework and putting in the seat that Patton had told him was free. Unironically, it was at yhe back of the classroom. Patton didn't like students at the back in case they messed around or caused trouble.

The class soon came in, they were quiet as always, but they've started to open up a bit more nowerdays. Patton was glad the class had warmed up to him, it was a long hard process, but it's worth it. To make all of them comfortable in the classroom. He wanted to make school a place the kids would look forwards to, not to hate.

As the children went to their assigned seats, everyone was there, well apart from one who was called in as sick by their parents. "Good morning guys," Patton cheerfully greeted. The board was electronically painted with math equations so the same few kids got out the maths books.

"Good morning," The kids replied whilst doing their jobs.

Smiling gleefully at the replys, he began his announcement to the class of kids, "After you guys finish that, I have someone for you guys to meet,"

"Your boyfriend?"

"Heh, no, not today," Patton laughed back, "It's someone else, I'll let them introduce themself once everyone is seated," he said clapping his hand together as he looked upon the class. Janus at the back looked slightly awkward since the seats were a little too small for his long legs.

When the children sat down after discussing their own theories about who the person was, their perspection of their environment was a little bad, and by a little, I mean a lot since they didn't notice Janus sitting uncomfortably at the back of the class, Janus began to speak.

"Hey um...everyone," Janus drew the entire attention of the class to himself as he strentched out his long legs to stand, "I'm the 'mystery' person," Janus said putting the word mystery in air quotes, "I'll be here for today, oh, and my name is Janus, feel free to ask me for any help," awkwardly Janus crinkled down into the seat again as the confused look of the kids looked back at Patton.

They all were confused of why a boy had the name Janice, even though that wasn't his name, it just sounded like his name.

"Any questions?" Patton asked to the group as Janus cringed to himself in the corner.

A few kids put their hands up, Patton picked on the most timid one, they'd probaly put their hand down if he picked someone else. "Um...who is Janice to you?" She nervously said, looked down at the book where she had written the date.

Patton thought for a moment, who was Janus to him. A friend? A random kid? Logan's kid? His kid? A student? A family friend? "Umm...."

This time Janus spoke up, "He's my dad, in spirit anyway,"

Imagine someone's face when their heart is being clenched with love and appreciation. Honestly he looked on the verge of tears, happy ones.

"Mr Winter?" The girl asked as Patton still looked like that for a whole minute whilst Janus did his homework, feeling very embarrassed. Luckily his hair hid the awkwardness.

"Oh! Sorry," Patton snapped out of it, "Anyways, let's get on with today, for once we're going to learn something new,"

~~~

Buzz! Buzz!

Cursing under his breath, Janus grabbed his phone and turned the whole phone off, well that's what he was going to before he saw who the text was from.

Logan: Are you alright?

Sighing with relief, a wave of calm ness came upon him, scrolling through the nodifications from the other person, it was Remus as well.

DorkMeansWhalePenis: the bastard came over so I castrated him

Chuckling adorably, Janus replied with only the word thanks to Remus before thinking of how to reply to Logan.

Logan: Are you alright?

Janus: Yeah, I've been staying at Patton's house, don't tell him though

Logan: Alright, as long as you're safe.

It went...well?

Smiling contentedly, Janus continued on with his work, with the occasional question from the kids around him, well some were reasonable questions, some were just plain nosy. Either way, he answered them and told them to be a little more careful with what questions to ask, other people wouldn't be as understanding.

That'll keepnthem out of some shit.

End Of Chapter. 1336 Words.