Chapter 69 - **Wiggles eyebrows irrelevantly**

In a grump, Emile laid across the ground as Janus crouched beside him, poking him in the side with a spoon that was lying around as Patton awkwardly stood, watching the unusual scene.

"OW!" Yvette's tounge throbbed, the heat radiating from her mouth as she held her tounge in comfort. Her eyes slightly brimming with held back tears as she a blush burned across her face. She felt like hiding.

Grabbing the cappuccino back, Logan chuckled playfully, "I warned you," Ruffling her hair, "It's alright,"

In a sulk, Emile listened to the scene from afar the stabbing of the spoon handle numbed to his side, his arms crossed across his chest. "Janus, stop poking him," Patton remarked, going over to the beanbags, sitting down, leaning againest Logan's.

Still poking Emile, Janus stopped crouching to sit down, his legs aching and his mind bored from poking his uncle. His reactions had gotten uninteresting. Placing the spoon by Emile, Janus sat with him quietly.

Grumbling as he smooshed his face in the ground, he took a breath of air before getting to his feet. Walking over to Logan, Emile took Logan's drink, sat across his lap, leaning againest Patton's head.

"Fine, I give up," The cappuccino swirled around in the cup before Emile took a sip if the mildly warm drink, "What's your news?" Emile asked as Patton turned his head to look at his future brother in law and financè.

"You knew that'd work," Janus said squishing himself beside Yvette on the cramped bean bag, turning the bag to face their 3 relatives to watch the conversation.

Looking back at one another, Patton and Logan had a silent yet brief converation about who would announce their news to Emile. Nodding at Patton, Logan shifted slightly from underneath Emile's crushing weight.

Sitting up, and no longer leaning againest the beanbag, Patton faced Emile as Emile hung his head back to see Patton. "So what is it?" Emile asked as he knew vaguely about what they were talking about earlier even though neither spoke.

Smiling, Patton began, "We're going to be brothers in law," Patton told him, tapping his nose awkwardly.

Tilting his head to the side, Emile raised an eyebrow at the upside-down Patton. Sighing, as if he knew this would happen, Logan continued what Patton said, "Me and Patton are engaged," He laughed.

Gasping obnoxiously loudly, Emile got to his feet, crushing Logan's legs as he tripped backwards onto the cold, hard floor, still gasping. Loudly. Hitting his head on his niece's and nephew's bean bag instead. Posing weirdly, he said: "I totally meant to do that,"

Taking Emile's seat Patton sat by Logan, drapping his legs lightly across his thighs as Emile composed himself. "So....marriage~" He smirked, "You sound like some people who are going to get a congratulations from me,"

A pause echoed through the room as a congratulatory statement never arrived in word as everyone sat in anticipation. "Im kidding, congratulations," Emile chuckled, "Y'all deserve happiness," he pushed away Patton's legs playfully.

"Which reminds me~" Emile began again, standing up and grabbing one of the spare beanbags from a corner of the room. Putting the beanbag between Logan and  Patton's beanbag and Yvette's and Janus' beanbag, Emile threw himself onto the new one. Sighing satisfactorily, Emile continued, "Why didn't you tell me you were dropping by? I would have put on actual clothes," he said, throwing his arms out wide, "I look like a bad example for Janus and Evie,"

"You weren't in the first place?" Janus retorted.

"Now I know you're Logan's kid for that," Emile scowled like a little kid, crossing his legs so the cold floor didn't burn into his bare feet. "Any other news?"

Looking between each others, they all shrugged wondering who should speak first. Againest everyone's awkwardness that she didn't sense, Yvette began, "Well since I'm in 4th grade, Dad is finally teaching the class again," she cheered. "Mrs Jones didn't suite the class well," which was a polite way of saying she was boring. "Also I bribed Dad to let me sit next to Sam,"

Holding out his fist for a fist bump, Yvette clambored over Janus, jabbing him in his stomach with her elbow. Karma I suppose. "That's my girl," Emile cheered as Yvette retracted back into her seat.

"Don't encourge her," Patton sighed, already defeated.

Raising a eyebrow, "How'd she even do that anyways?" Logan questioned facing Patton then looking towards Yvette whom had a large mischievious grin painted across her face. "Don't tell me..."

"Cleaning my room,"
"Cleaning your room," The two of them said simultaneously. "Did you even clean your room?" Logan asked, rolling his eyes.

"Can you help me with a few things," She fluttered her eyelashes in a flurry of deceit and manipulation as her eyes appears to mimic those of a sad puppy after being kicked. "Just a few," She pattered her eyelashes again, butterfly kisses flying around the room.

Sighing loudly, Logan slouched back, "Alright, fine," He knew he'd end up doing all of it as Yvette sat there watching. "We'll sort out clothes that don't fot you anymore as well,"

"Awh," She booed.

"Deal with it,"

Frowning, Emile crossed his arms as if his clothes were going to get organised, "So cruel," Emile stated, pouting in exaggerating, "He used to do that we me as well," He pointed a finger straight at Logan.

Burrowing her eyes together, Yvette thought for a moment, "Aren't you olders?"

"Yes, yes I am," Emile frowned, "He even got Virgil to help torture me," Emile began, "He really loved bullying me with Logan,"

"Who's Virgil?" Janus spoke up, looking at Logan.

His blood froze, his face sunk unconsciously. His hands felt colder intertwined in Patton's. "Someone..." Words wouldn't come out of his mouth.

Breathing in sharply, Emile nodded at Logan, "That was probably someone he isn't ready to talk about yet," Emile told them all, "But, I think one day he'll be able, just know he was someone important to him....to....to both of us," Emile nodded along with his own sentence as his gaze turned to Janus, his face was long and careful as he spoke, "I crossed a boundary, I didn't know you hadn't mentioned him yet," He turned back to Logan, scooping his free hand into his own. His heart beating fast as the warm spread into Logan's palm. A half-hearted smile was exchabged between the two.

Agreeing with only a nod, Logan's throat was still knotted into a bow by his heart, his arms wrapped around Patton, holding him gently, craddling him in his arms, resting his head in the crook of his stomach. Placing a careful hand upon Logan's head, Patton gently stroked him with his thumb.

Affirming with a nod, Emile stood up, "Would you two like to play uno?" He asked Janus and Yvette, attempting a distraction.

"Sure,"

Getting up Emile began his nonsensical chatter, "I've always been meaning to ask, Janus, did you change your name after Logan adopted you? And will you change it if Logan changes his? Also Yvette, you go by Winters, right? Willl yours be changed once the two lovebirds get married?" He asked, rummaging through the piles of boardgames he had, desperately trying to find Uno so they could play.

"Uh...I guess that really depends on-"

"I wanna get Dad's last name as well as my dad's!" Yvette cheered, interrupting Janus as he pointed at her in agreement as if she knew what he actually wanted to say.

Humming in response, Emile nodded for the 50th time this chapter, "Fair enough, I know how much you two love your Dads," Emile sighed, a tint of sadness in his voice.

Blushing slightly, Janus grabbed the deck of cards, shuffling them to distract himself from the embarrassing, yet true, statement. At least he could get his revenge when he beats them in Uno.

It was inevitable yet ineffible how he always won.

End Of Chapter. 1336 Words.