𝐇𝐔𝐋 𝟎𝟐 | 𝐁𝐞𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

"Really though, the sender really is amusing honestly," Mina spoke out, taking a bite with the fruit plate she prepared.

Mark cleared his throat as he slowly nodded his head, "Y-yeah... I have read the letter too," he replied shortly trying to act as normal as possible.

'Oh god, this is awkward...' He thought.

Trying to ease the awkwardness he felt, he reached out to get the watermelon that Mina also prepared for him and silently took a bite with it.

"But you know what, Mark? Maybe if he was a bit confident, maybe I would've appreciate it," Mina blurted out suddenly making Mark pause by what she said.

Mark suddenly fell in silent, quiet regretting his life decisions.

'I see...'

Mina chuckled, "But it's alright though, the letter is more than appreciated but I hope he can find someone much better than me though. Like, for real, I ain't that special though-"

"What are you even saying, you deserved it Mina-ssi!" Mark suddenly interrupted, and when he finally realized what he had just done, he suddenly felt even more awkward, "Oh uhm sorry..."he awkwardly added scratching the back of his neck.

'Dudeee, what the! Stop making a fool out of yourself!'

Mina laughed at his face, "What's up with you though? You're acting really weird."

Mark blinked, "Oh...Am I?"

Mina giggled, "Yup," she nodded her head, popping a grape on her mouth as she gave Mark a look. "What's up though?"

Mark gulped, suddenly feeling a bit stiff by her sudden question. "I guess...nothing much?"

"Oh please, spill it up."

Mark scratched the back of his neck, "Nothing much it's just that, I have been staying up late for too much though, maybe that's why I am like this?"

Mina raised her left eyebrows at him, "But why are you staying up late though?" she stared at him in suspicion, "Have you been-"

"What? no!" Mark blurted out defensively which made Mina burst into a fit of laughter.

"Yah! Let me finish my sentence first!" she chortled.

Mark shook his head, "No! I know what's going on inside your mind so no! I am not doing that!"

Mina laughed even more harder by his reasons, "Gosh, I can't with you Mark Lee," she giggled.

Mark saw that. Her laugh. That was the time that he actually couldn't deny that her laugh was a precious sight to see.

It was as wonderful as a melody.

He snapped out from his train of thoughts when his phone suddenly rung. From his smiling face awhile ago, it suddenly turned into a frown when he realized who had just called him.

Mina noticed it, and from his expression, she could tell that, he is back on being stressed out again.

The call stopped without Mark answering the call and that's when Mina decided to speak out.

"Is it the Publishing Company?" she asked patting Mark's shoulder as a gesture of accompaniment and reassurance.

Mark hummed, "Yeah."

"What's up? You can tell me, maybe I can help?" Mina shrugged, "Like seriously, I want to help you chingu-ya,"

Mark smiled slyly, "Well, the publishing company wanted me to come up something before this month ends, and actually, I don't have anything in mind yet especially that, the boss wanted me to focus about the Romance genre. I don't know? I am actually not that expert in romance," he frowned.

'I don't even know how to confess...'

Mina hummed, "Oh," she nodded herself, "I see..."

Mark chuckled after he saw what's Mina's reaction. Even him, he actually knew how unlucky Mina in terms of "romance". In fact, both of them never experienced having relationships within the 24 years of their existence. Not even once.

"Anyways, I think I should get going now Mina-ssi," he said as he stood up from his seat.

Mina nodded her head, "Alright, but wait! Hang in there I'll go get something 'kay?" she replied rushing to the kitchen as Mark stood there quiet confused.

When she came back, she was already holding a small box filled with cookies. She smiled as she holds out the cookie box infront of him.

"Have this cookies while you do your works okay? I baked some of them earlier and some was made by Sejeong," she chortled passing him the box, patting his back with a smile, "Fighting?" she muttered grinning

Mark did the same, "Yeah you too," he replied back patting her back as well.

As when he was about to go, he stopped mid-way, turning to where she stood still.

"Anyway Mina, I just wanted to let you know that, you are unique and much more capable more than what you think you already are always remember that," he gave her a genuine smile as he walk off her house.

Mina stood there for a second after she felt a sudden rush of deja vu. She blinked as she tried to recall something...

"What he said just now is quiet familiar...but I can't seem to remember when did I heard or read it..." she muttered.