𝐇𝐔𝐋 𝟐𝟒 | 𝐀 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

________

"It's freezing outside; why are you still out?" When Mina saw Mark sitting by the garden with his laptop, she asked.

Mark quickly shut down his laptop, as he hadn't expected Mina to appear.

"O-oh? You're here?" he muttered still a bit surprised.

  Mina hummed, "Yeah? How 'bout you? Why are you still out? It's cold though?" she asked confused in which Mark just responded with a chuckle.

"Ah, just doing something," he answered shortly trying his best not to be suspicious.

"Oh?" she nodded her head, "Can I see it-"

"No!"

  Mina flinched by Mark's sudden interruption. Confused, she raised her eyebrows at him. "And why was that?"

  Mark gulped, "I-it's actually confidential and private s-so," he laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of his nape in which Mina find suspicious.

  Giving him a weird look, Mina grew even more suspicious, "Were you perhaps...watching po-"

"Of course not!" Mark interrupted yet again. His defensiveness made Mina even feel suspicious again.

"Why are you being defensive suddenly?"

"I'm not!"

"Yes you are!"

"No I don't!"

  Mina groaned, stomping her feet on the ground. "But you really do though! I thought we won't keep secrets with each other though?" she spoke out, quiet annoyed and betrayed.

  Mark bit his lower lip before he shook his head, "I promise, I am not, really!"

  Mina sough, rolling her eyes, "Fine whatever," she surrendered stomping her feet yet again before she deliberately just took a seat next to Mark's seat.

  Thinking that Mina already surrendered fully, Mark did not expect for Mina to suddenly take his laptop away from him. Luckily, before she could even open it, he already snatch the laptop away from him as quick as he could possibly her.

  Eyes widening, Mark glared at her.

' She can't see the story yet! Not this time!'

___

  Mark fidgeted as he bit his lower lip, hesitating yet again for the nth time that night. What really happened earlier was really a huge mistake and a huge misunderstand between him and Mina.

  But then again, it's not their fault. Mina was just curious and he's just really defensive that it happened out of misfortune.

  Holding out the black plastic bag towards Mina, Mark quickly averted his gaze away from her, wishing she'll receive his apology snacks immediately so that he could walk away immediately.

  But who he was kidding though?

Instead of taking his offer, Mina- who's sitting comfortably on the living room's sofa; just gave him a blank look.

"What's that?"

"Snacks."

"For what?"

"My apologies for earlier."

"You could've just went home though, it would've been better I guess," Mina retorted.

"Oh? Should I just do that then?"

   Sighing, Mina exasperatedly closed her eyes out of sudden annoyance.

"You know what? You're a bit dense, are you aware?"

  Mark blinked, "I do?"

  Mina sighed, her gaze steadily rising to meet his perplexed expression. She shook her head slowly. "Yes," she replied quickly, "but anyways, I don't hold grudges," she added calmly, "so I think it's best if you sit next to me, I have some questions for you," she added, and Mark instantly obeyed. Mina began talking as soon as he sat down.

"You know what? Somehow, I do really wish that, the person I was exchanging letter with, would finally agree to meet," she smiled staring on the reflective glass table, "I really wished that sooner, I get to finally meet him, I was really really curious about what person he truly is, how I wish that I could talk to him personally without any boundaries between us but," she laughed and scoffed, "I don't know? It just felt as if the time is really slow and that makes me even crave and be curious with the time where I could actually finally meet him," she added out taking a short glance to Mark. "You know what I mean?" she uttered out before she averted her glance away from him and back again to ger reflection on the glass.

"Somehow, I suddenly felt as if I am attached to him in some ways. I don't know if it was just a friendly feelings or a special one, I don't know actually," she chuckled bitterly, "It feels like, I am so close yet too far from him. I believe he's just as close to me but because of the boundaries and the lack of courage, I can't recognize him even if I wanted to, but still, I respect his decision because I wanted him to fully discover his own courage without me ordering him what to do because it ain't my place," she explained, a hint of sadness to her voice.

"But you know what? It's just so weird, it feels like the person I was exchanging letters with was a person I am really close with, 'cause actually, believe me or not, I actually felt comfortable and happy talking with him as if he was really a close companion to me and as if he was a person I am really familiar with," she added out.

  Suddenly, Mina's eyes glanced up to Mark whose just by her side. Her eyes studied his face for almost 10? Or 15 seconds which made Mark flustered all of a sudden by what she was doing.

After a few seconds of a very long stare she did, Mina suddenly spoke out "Perhaps...could be the one I am pen-palling with, was..." her face suddenly scrunched up. Suddenly, a small laugh came out on her lips. "No? Haha, that would be really absurd though, why would you even do that though? You're too busy," her small laugh suddenly change into a burst of laughter. "I'm too crazy to even suspect you, I know, I'm dumb right?"

  That caught Mark off guard.

  But then, out of nowhere, something came out of Mark's mouth that made Mina's laugh fade away.

"Well... What if your suspicions were really right?" he suddenly spoke out.

"What if I was really it?"