Kid

Hello hello! I found this prompt and decided to try it out with our beloved robotic armed redhead! It really got me inspired so now I have this lovely piece of one shot to share!

Entering your small apartment, you threw your bag on the floor and groaned. Dragging  yourself to the sofa, you fell face first and closed your eyes.

"What if I dropout?" You thought, considering your options. "I could become a stripper for the rest of my life."

"It's to late for that now." You sighed, sitting up.

Turning on your phone, you realised you only had half an hour before it was time to leave for work. Shit.

Quickly getting ready, you took the usual bus and attempted to find a seat or at least a spot which was harder to get harassed.

Arriving at the familiar convenience store, you let out a sigh. Another day, another shift. Entering the barely vacated place, you went to the back and punched in your hours.

The hours dragged on, until there was a crash at the front of the establishment.

"PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" A voice exclaimed, a shot firing soon after.

"Shit!" You thought to yourself.

You could hear them shifting through the aisles, a cold sweat went through your body as one of them came closer to your location.

"Is he going to shoot me?!" You were as stiff as a deer facing headlights.

The man eventually faced you with a gun in hand, his eyes piercing your own.

"(Y/N) (L/N)?" He muttered to himself, looking at your name badge.

What?

"Shit!" He curses, turning the other way. "We have a code maroon!"

Suddenly, the two men ran out as quickly as they came and everyone was discombobulated. After a couple of minutes in silence, people began to move around, still in shock.

"Do you know them, (Y/N)?" Your manager asks.

"N-no. I have no idea who they are." Your head felt light after the adrenaline rush, causing the world to seem wobbly.

"I'll call the police." The manager sighed, "After everone's interrogated, all of you can go home."

**

"Did you see what they looked like?" The silver haired male asked.

"Not really." You shifted awkwardly. "All they mentioned was a 'code maroon'".

"Code maroon?" The officer asked, surprised. You nodded. "Do you know anyone involved in criminal activity?"

"I don't know anyone." You answered, confused.

He scribbled a couple things down on the report, before talking again. "It appears that you're on a 'no harm list' of sorts. The criminals probably retreated after recognizing you." He explained.

Flabbergasted, you sat in silence.

Who the hell do you know that could be involved in crime? None of your friends would indulge in such a lifestyle (except maybe Nami), the only person you could think of is-

Of course. What other idiot would do something like this?

"If you can think of anyone, please tell us." He piped up, distracting you from the previous thought process.

"We're done here. You can go home." He dismissed. You nodded, leaving the store.

It was time to pay a certain ex a visit.