Ace

Hello, how's it going? I'm back from my little break, and actually posting again haha. In a month it'll be six years since I joined wattpad, and in 5 chapters the 70 milestone. I can't believe it's been this long, thank you so much for reading this book!

You groaned, watching the man open the bottle on his bedside table.

"What are you doing?

"Drugs." He muttered, "I'm trying a new type of pill."

You hummed, quietly watching him. Between work, school and luffy he still had his health to worry about.

"You're a good brother." You muttered.

"Thanks." He answered gruffly, lifting from the bed.

"I can watch him today, I don't have anything else going on."

"It's okay, you can rest."

"I'll watch him, don't worry about it."

"Are you sure?"

"What's so hard about watching a little boy?"

The answer was everything.

The toddler was running around the house at superhuman speed, playing a game of 'the floor is lava'.

Unfortunately, being a curious child he decided to test the lava with different objects to see which ones could serve as stepping stones.

"Maybe just use throw pillows?!" You cried from the sofa, watching him knock over a lamp.

"No! It has to be floatacious!" He argued, pushing the table. "Perfect!" He jumped on the knocked over side table.

"Luffy! Ace will kill us if he sees this mess!" You groaned, watching him tug at other things to created a path.

"The lava will get him first!" Luffy exclaimed.

You pursed your lips, trying to follow the rules of the game as to keep him from crying bloody murder. How do you convince a child to stop making a mess?

"What if we stop for lunch?!" You offered.

The boy seemed to stop and consider this option, before pulling out a bag of chips from his pants.

"Want some?" He asked with a smile.

"N-no thank you." You replied, trying to hide your disgust.

Unfortunately, you had seen the same trick being pulled by his much older brother.

"I can't wait to get out of here so we can eat." You whined, sitting in the hallway.

"Oh!" He exclaimed opening his pants, shuffling through the inside.

You furrowed your brows at his actions, was this supposed to be a pick-up line? A bad sex joke maybe?

"Here!" He grinned, showing a wrinkled bag of chips. "Would you like some?"

"Why the hell do you have those in your pants?!" You shrieked, covering your face in embarrassment.

"I get hungry!" He pouted, somewhat disappointed in your reaction.

"How long has that been in there?!"

"I only grabbed it today!"

You faced the man and grimaced, looking at the poor bag.

"I can't believe I'm dating someone who keeps crotch snacks." You thought, shaking your head.

Until you heard a crash, and watched the boy now climb over a knocked down chair in direction to the fridge.

"He must have a magical dick, there's no way I'd willingly do this for anyone but him." You scoffed, going after the kid.

"Let's see what we have." You sighed, picking up the kid while balancing on a sideways chair.

You pulled a chair over with your foot, carefully placing the child in it.

"I cast lava protection!" You exclaimed, jumping from the chair and onto the floor.

The boy gasped and covered his eyes, slowly peeking through to make sure you were alive.

Opening the fridge, you frowned.

Note to self: buy him groceries.

You picked out a couple of useful items, and decided on cheesy pasta. Thankfully the kid wasn't picky.

Cooking while trying to entertain a rambunctious boy was a difficult task. Eventually you had to allow him to help, which really meant allowing him to eat the condiments.

Once the food was ready the two of you sat at the table and ate, one more than the other.

"This is your third plate, the rest is for Ace." You warned, the boy nodding before messily scooping the pasta into his mouth like a garbage disposal.

The rest of the afternoon was spent cleaning the mess Luffy made of himself and nap time, fortunately you managed to tire him out enough for it to be effortless.

Afterwards you cleaned the mess caused by the game, the targeted furniture victims were miraculously intact.

You watched TV to kill time, until your boyfriend came home.

He raised his eyebrows in surprise, scanning the area.

"No hurricane Luffy?" He unzipped his coat.

"There's pasta waiting for you on the stove." You winked.

"Is it possible to have a meal with that kid and leftovers?"

"After today I could apply to negotiate for the FBI." You chuckled.

The man stopped and smiled at your admirably. His freckled cheeks were still pink from the recent cold front the town was facing while longer strands of his hair decorated his face.

"Is there something on my face?" You chuckled, pressing different areas.

"Thank you." He muttered, kissing the top of your head and leaving to the kitchen.

You smiled sweetly, barely noticing him place the pan on the table and viciously eat out of it with a spoon.