home;

[OIKAWA]

"Happy graduation day Onii-chan!"

My sister, Rin woke me up, jumping on top of me while I was in bed. Mom came in too and greeted me with a cake. "What's this? I'm just graduating!" I said and she smiled. "I guess." She said. What's up with her? She looks like she's about to lose something... "Mom," Before I could say anything, she suddenly took the cake and held Rin's hand.

"Rin, why don't we let your brother get dressed?" Mom said, taking Rin out of my room with her.

"We'll wait outside Tooru." My stepfather said.

They left, the room now in silence, and I feel so empty. I could've spent this day with Iwa-chan and we could be together now. I feel this pain in my chest that I couldn't let go because I have so many regrets and dreams that I can't take back now. I recount the memories of when we were still in Japan. He'd call me shithead and treat me to ice cream whenever I face a breakup. I miss Iwa-chan so much. I checked my phone and saw that there were no incoming messages. I hope Iwa-chan will call me soon.

"Tooru-kun, are you done?" Mom knocked on the door.

"Yeah, I'm almost done." I said as I wear my blazer.

I walked outside, and they drove me over to the school. "Tooru-kun! Congratulations to our graduation!" The captain of the volleyball team said and I shook his hand. I'm not in the right mind today. The teachers call us inside the gymnasium where our graduation will be held. I checked my phone for calls, but none came. I grit my teeth as I grew anxious. Iwa-chan call me back. Please call me back. I'm starting to lose control over here, I just need one hello or one hi. We took our seats, yet I'm still waiting for texts or calls. And so, the graduation ceremony commenced.

--

"Congratulations, graduates! May you spread your wings and fly!"

Everybody cheered, but a hole continues to grow in my heart. No messages, no calls, no anything. I feel so empty. My family congratulated me but instead of laughing, I burst out in tears. I miss Iwa-chan right now. What if he will never call me back? What if I'm stuck on this paradox of loving him one-sidedly?

No, that won't happen. I won't let that happen.

I know Iwa-chan loves me and I trust him completely. What's the use of being his lover if I can't trust him? I know he's taking his time. I know it.

"Tooru-kun, here's your graduation gift." Mom gave me an envelope and I accepted it, sniffing and crying.

I opened it to find a plane ticket for Japan. "What is this?" I asked my parents. They hugged me and Rin also joined in. "We know where your heart truly lies, Tooru. It's not here, it's in our home." She said and I cried even more. What did I do to get such parents? "But college, I have to go back in less than a week." I told them and my stepfather shook his head. "Your mom and I took the liberty of withdrawing your college applications. You're old enough to study in Japan on your own." He said and my cheers were muffled in tears.

"You're the best parents I could ever have." I said, squeezing them both.

"I get to have your room Onii-chan!" Rin said and I nodded. "You will." I told her.

"What are you waiting for?" Mom said, handing me a bag of clothes with my passport. She must have packed this last night in order to surprise me. I am so thankful to have a family as supportive as them.

"Thank you. I'll always call you."

I grabbed the bag and ran off the school, still wearing my uniform. I ran and ran until I couldn't feel my feet. I could feel my wings taking flight and that's all I could be. I dashed through the streets, passing by strangers whose faces I no longer care about.

"Iwa-chan."

My mind keeps repeating.

"I love you."

My heart keeps shouting.

"I'm coming!"

I shout at the top of my lungs as the wind brush through my hair.

Hold on Iwa-chan, I'm coming home to you.

------
i'm not crying, you are!!