wake;

[OIKAWA]

*Ring*

My eyes open, staring at the ceiling. What time is it? I felt like I was asleep forever. I think something amazing happened last night, but my dreams were so full of Iwa-chan, I think I'm hallucinating that Iwa-chan and I are together at last.

Or was it not a dream...?

I yawned, grabbed my phone underneath my pillow and started texting Iwa-chan. "Ohayou, Iwa-chan~~." I typed on the keypad. I hit send and in less than 5 seconds, got a reply! "Good morning, love."

FUCK WHAT?!

Dear Gods, is this my reward for being such a good kid with a very faithful heart to one person, and one person only? Did he call me love?! My phone buzzed again and I looked immediately. He sent another message! My babe sent another message! "Sorry, I meant loser. Autocorrect." He said. What a very shy guy! I have been with Iwa-chan long enough to know that he never uses autocorrect unless it was an accident or he didn't really mean it. I know for a fact he meant it! We share a deep bond.

"Hehe, you called me love. No take backs!" I sent again and I got out of bed. What a great way to start the morning. I remember I went home to Japan to get a two-month vacation before I go back to the States. At long last, Iwa-chan is with me already and the texts and my dreams are utter proof! My phone buzzed repeatedly and it was a call from Iwa-chan! He missed my voice so much, he went for a call huh? I grabbed it so desperately and answered it.

"Iwa-chan? How are you?" I asked excitedly. "I got nothing to do at home." He said and I blushed. "Do you want to come here? Oh but it's messy, the house hasn't been cleaned for months, I'll just do a sweep—." He cleared his throat and cut me off. "I'm coming over, right now." He said then hung up.

Iwa-chan sounded so stern and convincing! Perhaps...oh no are we going to escalate into the unknown territory of love? For some reason, I can't stop smiling and blushing. He's so cute and adorable, I don't think I can actually handle this without messing up. I want to see him, I want to treasure him and I want to be with him for as long as I live...

"Oikawa!"

I flinched and heard Iwa-chan's voice. Well, he's quick. "Wait a second!" I replied. I got too caught up fantasizing, I didn't even get to clean! I hurried to the door and opened it for him. He was standing there, staring at me and he just chuckled. "You have bed hair." He said and ruffled my hair. He was leaning so close to my face, I suddenly pulled back. He's going to be the end of me, I believe it.

"Ah sorry, you were too close." I told him but he grabbed my collar and pulled me closer. He kissed my cheek then let go. "Get out of the way, Stupid-kawa!" He shouted, blushing. Ah, Iwa-chan really is cute. "You're not kidding, the entire house is deserted." He said and plopped down on the couch. "Mom left a few things in here for reselling. Good thing there were still no buyers so several furniture were left here. I think she's going to sell them when she visits Japan." I told him while making breakfast.

"Oikawa, you're really going back?"

I stopped for a moment, and then resumed. Somehow, the atmosphere drastically changed. "Just for some time though." I said. My heart's thumping already. "For how long?" Iwa-chan asked. "Just after high school." I said, forcing a smile. I don't want to lie. I couldn't possibly tell Iwa-chan that I'm studying abroad for university.

"Really, huh. But I heard you talking to Matsukawa and Hanamakki before about studying in the States for university." He said, skeptical.

I smiled and tried to joke it off. "Geez, Iwa-chan! Just last night we were lovey dovey and now you're asking me scary things!" I said. I genuinely smiled at him to assure him that everything's alright, even if it's not. He's not believing me though. Classic Iwa-chan. I stopped cooking and then went to him. I held his hands and knelt right in front of him. He started to blush severely.

"Oi! What are you doing?!" He exclaimed.

"Iwa-chan, there is nothing for you to worry about. I will come back after high school, I promise!" I lied again.

The girls in my past were right. I can never keep any promises. So why would I risk that for Iwa-chan? I stood up, kissed him on the cheeks and went back to cooking. "Do you want a share of my premiere omelet rice?" I boasted and he laughed, just like the old times.

Just like the old times.

———————
i'm sorry for making this so depressing omg. anyway everyone stay safe indoors and eat healthy and wash your hands always and sympathize with your fellow citizens in this time of crisis!!! (donate if u can)