BokuAka Oneshot: The Stoic And The Stupid

n//: in this oneshot, I have made them the same age so do not be confused. In the manga or in the show, Akaashi is younger than Bokuto by one year

--

I've always been with him, since we were young.

Bokuto was a strange kid. He would not cry when he gets bruises and scabs. Instead, he would lift up his head, shout in exhilaration and pump his fists as if saying he's invincible and is a hero. He's not wrong though, he has always been my hero. The only sad part is that he always wants to be everyone's hero.

In elementary school he got interested in volleyball, so I got interested in it as well. He would get easily annoyed and depressed if he hit the ball wrong or if he made a mistake in the court which means he truly values this sport. Meanwhile, I'm just here because of him. I liked the position of setter because he loved the position of wing spiker. This made us inseparable even in court.

"Hey Akaashi," He whispered in my ear.

"Fuck off man. What do you want to be whispering in my ear like that?" Omygod that made my heart jump.

He smirked. "You were looking all distracted and stuff, you might not know if it's a manhole you're walking into!" He exclaimed and I sighed at him. "Whatever." I just said. I can never conceal my awkwardness when I'm with him! It feels strange.

During junior high school he asked me where I would go for senior high school. I've only applied to one school and I didn't really care about it much back then. "I'm going to Fukurodani. It's where a boy like me can become a man!" He exclaimed. It was the moment I gulped and smiled.

"What a coincidence. I'm also going there." I said, guiltily.

"Oya~? We really are inseparable!" He said.

I feel guilty, but at the same time I feel satisfied, like a lightning bolt struck my nerves. I'm not throwing away my future, because Bokuto is here with me. He's my future and I will never leave his side. I withdrew my application to the other school and applied to Fukurodani instead. The teachers were hesitant at first but I know what I'm doing. He became captain of the Fukurodani men's volleyball team and I was the vice captain. We stuck to each other through and through until that one time someone got in our way.

"Akaashi, I got a crush on someone."

"Ah, congrats."

My heart shattered, my world depleted, my breaths got weaker. I felt so annoyed and confused at the same time. "I want you to meet them!" He said and I shook my head. "No thanks, I'm busy. Enjoy your day." I said and walked away, tears forming in my eyes. "Sheesh, why are you always so stoic man?!" He shouted in the distance.

Stoic...? I never wanted to be this emotionless!

I can never contain myself when I'm with him so I put up this barricade to not let my feelings show to much. Why don't you get that I love you, you stupid hooting bastard! I did volleyball for you, I changed my school of choice for you, and everything else in between. This sucks. I want to get drunk even if I'm underaged.

"Akaashi, wait up!" I heard Bokuto's voice behind me. As I look back, drenched in tears I tried to cover up my emotional face.

"Oh, why are you crying?" He asked and I sniffled.

"The wind blasted at me and dust got into my eyes." I said. What a blatant lie,  who would believe that? "You must be careful, when wind gets to you, close your eyes!" He said and that's so stupid, I almost laughed. He took a handkerchief out of his pocket and wiped my tears with it. "You're so helpless. What would you do if you haven't followed me to Fukurodani and I wasn't here to help?" He said and I shoved him.

"You knew? You knew and you kept quiet!?" I shouted frantically. Ah, I'm going to be exposed.

"Of course I knew. I always knew."

Up to what extent does this man know and should I be concerned about it? "You never really liked volleyball so when you started playing it out of nowhere? I knew immediately what's up. You got into the volleyball team without a hitch because you're an amazing setter, even if you don't feel like it. Do you think it's only you who's been watching?" He asked and I flinched. He knows I've been watching him, I have to go kill myself.

"Akaashi, didn't I tell you I have a crush on someone?" He said and I frowned.

"Go tell that ro someone who cares." I told him and he held my arm.

"Don't you even want to know who it is?!" He asked and I shook my head. I know I'm stubborn, but it's th eone thing I am good at.

"It's you, goddamn it!"

"Shut up--! Wait, what?"

I stared at Bokuto in confusion. "What nonsense are you spouting right now..." I said, embarrassed and he made an upsetting expression on his face. "It ain't nonsense! Why would it be? Didn't we say we are inseparable!" He said and I grit my teeth. "T-that was as friends you dingdong!" I got defensive and he shook his head.

"How do you feel about me Akaashi, don't you like me as well?" He asked.

I don't want to admit it, I don't want to admit it, I don't want to admit it.

"I like you..." I said in a soft spoken voice. He pulled me into a kiss and a light hug. Normally he would crush someone with his hugs but this feels nice. Bokuto and I really are inseparable and I wouldn't have it any other way!

"By the way, how would you want me to meet myself earlier?"

"I was gonna pull out a mirror in front of you if you said yes."

This man is so stupid, but is mine.

------
probably the cutest oneshot I have written. The oneshots end here, thanks!