signs;

[IWAIZUMI]

Ever since I was a kid, my mom would get obsessed on searching for 'signs'. Like when I applied to the volleyball team in Aoba Johsai, she said if she saw three green balloons,I would certainly get in. And although she saw three red balloons, I still got in. So, I'm not counting on her superstitions anymore. 

"Mom, I'm going to school now."

"Hajime! Your horoscope said you'll be a very unlucky boy today! Look for signs so you wouldn't fall into a manhole or something!" My mother exclaimed.

I shrugged and immediately made my way outside. That was weird. The sun is shining, and I don't see any manholes anywhere at all. I whistled my way through to school because it doesn't seem like my unlucky day at all!

"Iwa-izu-mi!" Makki-san smacked me and I felt like my eyes were about to pop off my head. "What did you do that for?" I asked, massaging the part where he hit. "I heard Geminis today are unlucky! Looks like you're in for a little bit of surprises today! Good luck!" He said and ran away. Then later on, Matsukawa grabs me by the shoulder and smiles at me horribly. "Iwaizumi-san, best regards on your day today. The horoscope said Pisces and Cancers are very lucky! But Geminis aren't." He said then walked away. That was pretty creepy.

"Iwa-chan~!" I looked behind and Oikawa was hugging me tightly! I couldn't breathe!

"What the heck are you doing you shit?!" I exclaimed and he wouldn't let go. "Iwa-chan! The horoscopes said that Geminis will have a very tough day today! Coach is absent today because of a stomach ache! He's June 6! I'm worried about you!" He said and I pushed him away from me. "I don't believe such nonsense! Luck is something that comes naturally, whether or not your horoscope is on TV!" I said and Oikawa's eyes glimmered.

"I'm pretty lucky to have a guy like you~!" He said and I smacked him.

"Stop that." I said, a bit flustered.

Oikawa suddenly got into a thinking mode and he smiled. "Ah! Iwa-chan, if you see five cats today, you'll be in for a surprise! Searching for signs make it a lot safer you know?" He said and I shook my head. "You making that deal would probably mean you're gonna fake it." I said and he disagreed. "Then you make your own signs!" He said and I thought of something. "Alright." I said.

If I see two couples making out on campus, then I'm in for a surprise!

Oikawa and I went to our classroom and sat down for first period. I don't think I'll see any couples making out in the school. The student council has a very keen eye for these kinds of things! After first period, Matsukawa told me to buy something from the canteen. On the way, I was distracted for I heard something very disturbing...

"Ah..Kurosawa-kun! Don't.."

"Mari-san! You're so...hot!" 

The following dialogues were followed by a continuous moans that were forced to be minimized. I am concerned about my own sign today... What's more, I got a peek of my own riddance! I got to move! I bought the yakisoba bread Matsukawa wants and slumped down on my chair. "Iwa-chan, what's wrong?" Oikawa asked. "Stupid horoscopes." I muttered. "What?" He asked. "Nothing. I gotta go pee." I said and walked out again. 

"Ono-kun, no one will come in here."

"Shiro-sensei! I'm scared...ah! Don't touch me there." 

I gulped as I took a peek in the school doctor's office. Wait, that's Ono-kun! Are they gays?! I shouldn't even be seeing this! "I know you want this, Ono-kun! No point in resisting." The sensei said and I ran for my life. Doesn't this mean I'm in for a surprise?! I'm crying my eyes out! This is so weird! The school doctor is making out with a male student in his office! Two students were humping like rabbits in the audiovisual room! I'm crying!

I ran back to the classroom and excused myself for stomach ache and left quickly. "Iwa-chan!" Oikawa called out to me, but I didn't turn back. I don't want my unlucky day to be more mortifying than this! I ran out the school gates and bumped into auntie -- Oikawa's mom. 

"Hajime-kun! Nice to see you!"

"Ah, auntie." I said.

She smiled and sighed. "It's good to see you again. I was so busy with packing and I baked cookies for your parents to eat as a goodbye gift! Here." She said and handed me a box of cookies with a note on it. "Where are you going?" I asked and she laughed. "Abroad of course!" She said. "Oh, your business trip? Oikawa told me you were going there for a month." I said. Auntie got confused. "A month? Is that what Tooru told you? Why, I remarried so we'll be staying there until Oikawa graduates university." She said and I dropped the box of cookies so suddenly.

"Iwa-chan!" 

I turn back to see a running Oikawa coming in close towards us. "Oh my." Auntie said, picking up the box and giving it back to me. I stared at Oikawa with no emotion, and I ran away, with the box of cookies in my hands. I go back to my house, not even bothering to say, 'I'm home' or something. I just feel like my heart died back there. My eyes were filling up with tears that I couldn't even cry. 

Oikawa, you shithead liar. 

○○○○○○

aw sad