notify;

[Oikawa]

I wonder how Iwa-chan is doing back home? He's probably having the time of his life without an annoying guy like me fucking up his day for a second.

The last time we had any communication at all was when I left several text messages for him and they all got played. But, I never got a message back. 

Everytime I think of him, I just get this urge to hug him in my thoughts. It's so deeply agonizing and I don't want to feel this kind of pain anymore, I just want to see Iwa-chan.

Highschool here in America is somehow really noisy. I can't get it used to it in an instant, but I can somehow adapt to it. Luckily, I found a highschool where I could put my athlete skills into good use. I joined a volleyball team and became a reserved setter. So this is how Yahaba-kun feels. Really, I miss Aoba Johsai.

"Hey Tooru, how is life here for you?"

"Just fine, thank you."

The one who asked me was the captain of the men's volleyball team, Harold-san. He's a buff guy who sort of reminds me of that human iron wall from Dateko, whatever his name is. He has been one of the people who have been really kind to me.

"You're from Japan, right?" He asked and I nodded awkwardly, because who wouldn't when suddenly a buff man asks you where you're from? "I'm half actually!" He said and them he finally translated his words into Japanese, and I literally couldn't have wished for him to do this sooner. "Thank God, finally. My brains were starting to scatter from too much English." I told him and he laughed it off.

"My mother is from Shibuya, so I know." He said.

"I'm from Miyagi prefecture! I was the Captain of our team and I was a setter as well." I bragged.

Harold-san smiled and he pat me on the back which kind of hurt. "I know you didn't want to move here. Something's holding you back." He said and he hit the mark right away! Hes a sharp one and so, I was forced to tell my story to a guy who seems yo be the only one to understand me.

"I left my loved one back home."

My throat started getting sore and my eyes started forming tears I didn't know were forming. My hands trembled as I remember Iwa-chan and how I left him there. "I said I'd only be gone a month but I've been gone for two months already! What am I doing?" I said, trying to stop all these emotions and these words I dare not say. 

"This loved one, they understand, do they not?" Harold-san said.

"But what if I get back and he's forgotten?" I asked. 

Harold-san chuckled which was really out of place. I'm crying my eyes out here, and all he does is chuckle to maybe, make me feel better? It does not do anything good! "You're thinking too much into it, Tooru." He said and I clenched my fists. "They didn't bother texting me or calling me back. Iwa-chan's pissed." I said, feeling bad all over again. "How are you so sure? Maybe your phone didn't notify you. My phone does that all the time." He said and my eyes lit up. 

Wait, what the hell? That easy? 

I checked my phone real quick and went to Iwa-chan's and I's conversation, and he really did leave a message! I am so freaking dumb, I can't believe my own stupidity! I guess this is why he calls me Stupid-kawa, or Shitty-kawa! I totally get it now. Harold-san nodded at me without me asking permission to use my phone. I smiled and ran from the court while contacting Iwa-chan.

Ring.

Pick up.

Ring.

Pick the damn phone, Iwa-chan.

Ri-

"Hello?"

My eyes started tearing up once again. I didn't expect to hear his voice again. This sweet, gentle, familiar voice I've been longing to hear for two fucking months. I can't believe I survived this long without hearing my happy pill, my life source. I couldn't speak without my voice getting hoarse.

"Oikawa?" Iwa-chan spoke again.

"I'm he-here." I said, my voice breaking.

"You didn't contact me for two months. Why?" 

"I didn't get a notification. I couldn't hear you."

"What do you mean?" 

"I'm just glad to hear your voice again."

"I can't believe you thought I hated you for two months just because you didn't come back."

"I didn't say anything--"

"Yeah right. Do you know how hard it was?"

"Iwa-cha-" 

"Fuck. I can't believe it. I'm crying, asshole." 

"What?"

"Whatever, I don't care what the hell you do over there."

"Iwa-chan..."

"Just don't forget to contact me once in a while." 

"Yes, I'm sorry."

"And--"

Iwa-chan was breaking up, I couldn't hear him that well. 

"What, Iwa-chan?" 

"Remember when you asked me why I don't have a girlfriend yet?" 

"Yes,"

"I'll tell you personally, so come back home. Bye, Tooru." 

"Wait Iwa-chan--!"

He hung up on me quickly and I found myself kneeling down and crying. I've waited so long to hear that voice again. Why does university take so long? I want to see and touch Iwa-chan quickly...

○○○○○○
ahhhh geezzzz