finish;

[IWAIZUMI]

Clearly, I've been a dumbass.

Graduation day is nearing and I couldn't focus because my head is full of Shittykawa. Even volleyball has become immensely tiresome because Oikawa isn't there to walk with me going home, or he isn't there when I run across the court to spike his sets. I'm really having an Oikawa fever right now.

"Iwa-chan." My sh ulders flinched and I immediately looked back.

It was Matsukawa and Hanamakki.

"Don't annoy me. And don't call me that." I said. There is only one person who can do so.

"Are you missing your other half?" Hanamakki asked. "What other half? I'm fine on my own." I said, crossing my arms. "You shouldn't really lie like that, Iwaizumi-san." He added. "What do you two want?" I asked them. They both glanced at each other and grinned. "If you want him to come home, then you should avoid contacting him for a whole day! He'll run straight home!" Hanamakki said. "Don't believe what this guy says, Iwa-san." Matsukawa said but his facial expression says otherwise. I sighed and tried to think about it for a few moments.

"I don't want to hurt him. Long distance is hard enough as it is, why would I burden him more with this kind of anxiety-driven treatment?" I asked them and they were both quiet.

"It's just one day, Iwa-izu-mi-san~." Hanamakki added.

He's really good at convincing others. Argh! Whatever, I'll just do it. It will help me forget Oikawa for one day and focus on my life. "One day is enough. After that, I'll flood him with messages." I said and they smiled. I hope I don't regret this...

--

I AM REGRETTING THIS.

My phone's been buzzing nonstop because of Oikawa's nonending calls. I leave my phone for a minute, and it suddenly has 34 new messages like that's normal. He left 20 voicemails in just one hour. I'm itching to reply but I can't because of that fricking HanaMatsu duo. I accidentally pressed the play button while reaching for my pillow and I heard all of Oikawa's messages.

"Iwa-chaaaan! School is tiring. Did you know graduation is tomorrow?"

.

"I got a 98 on my Science exam! I'm happy! I hope you're also happy. I'm happy when you're happy."

.

"It's been 84 years since you last replied. I hope you're doing well. Call me when you get this!"

.

"Iwa-chan! You're not kidnapped, are you? Did you drop your phone in a toilet again?"

.

"Ah, Iwa-chan, Geminis are unlucky today. You have to be careful!"

.

"I love you always, my spiker! See you soon!"

I found myself tearing up amidst all the voicemails. I really do miss him. I love him so much. It's aching. I never should have taken the HanaMatsu duo's advice. This is killing me inside that it's such a torture. I wonder what's going through Oikawa's mind right now. He must have been worried, he must be calling police hotlines right now. His mind drifts off to unimaginable places. He would never think that I would run out of battery or that I am not at home.

He would always think that the worst is happening to me when I don't reply. And just that thought of him getting anxious over nothing worries me the most.

I'll reply. I will, I won't let this go on further.

"Ah, low battery."

--

"That's practice everyone! Go home and take care of yourself."

"Yes coach!"

My body is aching. I feel Coach coming up to me to give me a harsh scolding. "Coach, I apologize--" He cut me off.

"Hajime-kun. Do you have the drive?" He asked.

"P-pardon me. What?" I asked.

He sighed. "You've been off these past few days. It's like volleyball has been your coping mechanism. It should never be a coping mechanism. The energy you give in volleyball should never be aggression." He said and I nodded. "I'm not making volleyball as a coping mechanism coach, I--" What exactly am I trying to point out here? Ever since Oikawa is gone, my passion for volleyball slowly drifts. I think it started when he said he's not going to do this with me forever. It broke my heart and my passion for volleyball into pieces.

"A bond built throughout the years can never be broken by time or distance. Remember that. If you're missing someone, why not give him a call?" Coach said.

"I-I am! They're not responding. They must be mad." I said.

Coach raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "Oikawa doesn't get mad easily--at least not with you." He said and I blushed. How did he know I was talking about Oikawa? "Go home, you must be tired." He said and I nodded. I immediately head to the locker room, still feeling down and empty. I didn't even wave goodbye to my teammates as I left the school.

What do I do with my life now? After that stupid choice yesterday, I think Oikawa has every right to be angry. I don't want him to be angry, because when he gets mad it's a whole new level. It would get so intense that he might impulsively break up with me and I don't want that. Not today, not ever. I would cry if he leaves me. More than that, I'd probably never be able to function.

The thought hit me like a ton of bricks. What should I do? I grabbe dmy cellphone, tried to call him a bunch of times but no one was answering.

Wait... didn't he say it was his graduation? I didn't even call to congratulate him. I'm stupid! I'm the worst boyfriend ever!

"Iwa-chan..!"

I even hear his voice right now. My eyes well up with tears to the point I'm crying in the middle of a busy street.

"Iwa-chan!!!"

The voice gets louder, is this a dream? I look back and saw Oikawa in his school uniform, running directly towards me. Is this a fricking dream?

"Oikawa..." I called out to him but he put up his hand as if telling me to stop.

He suddenly knelt on the floor and I got conscious with the people around us. "What are you doing? Get up!" I whispered and he smiled.

"Didn't you say that when I get back, I have to greet you on one knee?"

My tears started flowing and before I could even gather my thoughts he hugged me in front of all these people. It doesn't matter now. I got Oikawa and he's got me. I can let all my deepest and darkest secrets with him and he would comfort me with rays of sunshine.

"How did you find me?" I asked him.

"I didn't. We kinda found each other you know?" He said.

That's so cheesy, what the hell. It was so stupid that it made me fricking laugh. "Dumbass." I told him and he laughed. "You're standing near the convenience store where you buy me iced cream all the time." He said and I looked where he was pointing. It brings in so much memories.

"I'm sorry I don't have a ring or anything." He said and I smacked him.

"I'll be the one putting on rings, don't get ahead." I said and he nodded.

"Anything for you, Iwa-chan!" He said and held my hand in public. "What are you doing, idiot?!" I said, shaking my hand off. Oikawa pouted and glared at me. "We're gonna be married anyway, so what's the fuss?" He asked and I smacked his head again. "Ow, Iwa-chan!" He exclaimed and we both laughed.

"Hey, I've missed your sets. How about you set for me?" I asked.

"Sure thing, my spiker."

------
-end.