Depressed Male Reader x Kirishima Eijiro (Boku No Hero Academia) | Part 2

Before this chapter even begins, let me just say that self harm is not exciting, nor is it something to fantasize about. I write a lot about depression, self harm, and other aspects dealing with mental health because some people feel as if it is a small issue when it needs to be talked about more so that more people can come forward and get help, and understand that they are not alone.

Now that I've said that. I hope all of you have been well. I had to take a mental break for a while, and I hope that things stay well on my end so I can continue to update more. Requests are closed at the moment because I have about three pages worth of requests to get to, so please bear with me. But once they open back up, I'll be sure to let you all know. With that being said, I hope you enjoy, you beautiful human beings! (ㆁωㆁ)

Requested By: CaylanAugustine

~

(M/N) (L/N)'s p.o.v

The definition of a promise is the establishment of a commitment to do or not to do something. And in certain lengths, a promise can be very silly, or very serious. When you make a promise, you make it with the intentions of keeping it at all costs. And you don't really think of a situation that may cause you to break the promise that you've made. Especially if that promise was to stop an addiction.

Since I had turned to self-harm years ago, it was something that I had ended up getting addicted to. I'm not saying that I am proud of it, or that I want to keep cutting, but every mixed emotion or abuse that I experience makes it harder and harder to stay clean. Of course, I didn't think that going cold turkey to stop my self-harm was going to make it easier for me to quit.

But, I was finding it harder and harder not to think about it. And the need to slice my skin open was definitely getting stronger and stronger. Eijiro thought I was doing pretty well on my road to recovery, but then again, that's what I wanted him to think. Just like I always did. I felt like one day I would get tired of hiding things from him, but I didn't want him to worry about me.

It's stupid to say something like that, I knew it was. But Kirishima was on his way to becoming a pro-hero. Not only did he have training, school work, and other duties to attend to, but he also had to keep up with his own mental and physical health on top of that. And who was I to burden him with my own problems when he already had so much on his plate?

I knew that Eijiro didn't feel the same way I did. He's told me time and time again that I needed to trust him when he said that he could handle everything in his life and my life as well when it came to my self-harm and my depression. And as much as I didn't want to burden him, I knew at some point I'd lose him if I didn't suck it up and turn to him like he asked me to. Because I knew, deep down, that that's all he's ever truly wanted from me.

^

"(M/N), open this door before I break it down!" Kirishima exclaimed as he continued to bang on the bathroom door. At some point, I had blacked out when my eyes caught sight of a razor blade while I was cleaning the bathroom. I thought I had gotten rid of all of them. But then again, it was stupid of me to assume that I had thrown away every single razor blade that I owned.

They were hidden all over this damn apartment at one point, so I shouldn't be surprised if I had forgotten about most of the places I had hidden them. "(M/N), I'm giving you ten seconds before I break down this door," Eijiro stated, which made me sigh. I couldn't really blame him for how he was acting, this had happened multiple times over the course of a few months after he found out about my self-harm.

He had every right to be worried about me, and I truly couldn't be mad at him for expressing it. So, with another sigh, I unlocked the bathroom door and opened it up. Kirishima looked at me with a very relieved expression on his face and pulled me into his arms. And of course, I relaxed in the warmth and muscle that was my boyfriend and nuzzled into him.