Autistic Male Reader x Red (Pokemon)

Requested By: maddazzlol

~

Third Person p.o.v

Autism, or autism spectrum disorder, refers to a range of conditions characterized by challenges with social skills, repetitive behaviors, speech, and nonverbal communication. 

As well as by unique strengths and differences. We now know that there is not one kind of, autism but many types, caused by different combinations of genetic and environmental influences.

The term “spectrum” reflects the wide variation in challenges and strengths possessed by each person with autism.

Autism’s most-obvious signs tend to appear between 2 and 3 years of age. In some cases, it can be diagnosed as early as 18 months.

Some developmental delays associated with autism can be identified and addressed even earlier.

^

(M/N)'s p.o.v

Imagine being an only a child, and learning that, you are different from other kids. Very different from the kids that surround your everyday life. Now imagine all the extra help you need because you can't speak correctly, or show your emotions the right way. And the bullying all of these problems cause.

Being slow at learning and socially awkward is one thing. But being bullied for is a whole other topic. It's something I never understood, and never will understand. And the worst part about everything is, I couldn't even speak to take up for myself. If I did, the bullying would have only gotten worse because I can't pronounce things correctly.

Over the years, I've learned to deal with it. And getting a few friends really helped with boosting my confidence. I'm actually in chorus and the schools band, which are the best things I could have ever joined. Except for one, tiny little problem. It's nothing major or anything like that, there's just the fact that....

RED IS ON THE BASKET BALL TEAM AND HE'S BEEN MY CRUSH SINCE FRESHMAN YEAR!

My bad, I didn't mean to yell. But, anyways, yeah. Usually band has to preform at home games, and that means I have to look at a sweaty and musclely Red all game. And let me tell you. Once Red gets all sweaty, his muscles start showing through his jersey and he uses his jersey to wipe his forehead. STRAIGHT UP SIX PACK!!

But, as a very insecure and somewhat antisocial person, I have kept my feelings to myself. I still keep my feelings to myself actually. Even though I'm a senior in high school and think of him as the love of my life, there is always that thought in my mind that he would never like me back.

^

"It's a little bit funny,
This feeling inside.
I'm not one of those who can,
Easily hide."

"I don't have much money,
But boy if I did.
I'd buy a big house where,
We both could live."

"So excuse me forgetting,
But these things I do.
See I've forgotten if,
They're green or they're blue."