Uke Depressed Male Reader x Seme Todoroki Shouto (Boku No Hero Academia)

How are you, my fellow beautiful human beings? I hope you are all staying safe during quarantine, or you're at least trying to. Request's are officially closed, but should open back up again soon!

Requested By: that_one_art_kid

~

(M/N) (L/N)'s p.o.v

"So, what's up?" I asked my doctor, who walked into my hospital room with my mom after I had gotten redressed. I felt completely fine, but my parents received a call from my doctor saying that they needed to perform a CAT scan and an MRI on me because of some test results they got from my physical last week. My doctor smiled at me and my mom, and sat down on the stool that was across from me.

"Well, after looking over everything from last week and the tests that we did today, it seems as if there's a bit of a dilemma." I raised an eyebrow at her in confusion. "Dilemma? What do you mean there's a dilemma?" My mother asked, questioning her. "A few of my coworkers and I have looked over your MRI and CAT scan just to make sure what we found was-" "Well what did you see? Jesus just say it!" I said impatiently.

"You have cancer," she said, flipping the pages on her clipboard. I raised an eyebrow at her. "Where?" My mother asked for me. "His left kidney," she said, placing her clipboard on the counter and looking at both my mother and I. "It's good that we caught it early enough to treat it with-" "I have cancer?" I whispered, now looking down at my hands that were shaking.

My mother quickly pulled me into her arms and began answering questions for me. I was happy she was here, I don't think anything would get answered if she wasn't here. "It's okay baby, everything is going to be okay." My mother whispered as she gently began to run her fingers through my hair. But how did she know everything would be okay? I was probably going to die from this, and there was nothing I could do about it.

^

I went to school the next day to explain why I wouldn't be able to attend classes in person for a while. Now, a lot of people would question why I was leaving school so early. I literally just found out I had cancer yesterday. But I knew once I started chemo, things would get harder. And I was starting in about a week or two. 'I need to find Shouto' I thought to myself as I made my way towards the cafeteria to look for the multicolored head of hair my boyfriend has been sporting since birth.

Luckily it didn't take that long to find him, and when his heterochromatic eyes met mine, they lit up with happiness. Shouto stood up from where he was sitting, walked over to me and pulled me into his arms, gently pecking my lips and nuzzling his nose against mine. 'I was going to miss this' I thought sadly as I rested my forehead against his lovingly. Todoroki gave me one of his genuine smiles as he stared at me, his multicolored eyes looking into mine with love and adoration.

"I need to talk to you" I whispered, caressing his lower back with my hands. He pulled away from me and grabbed my hand, taking both of us to an empty classroom. "What's up (M/N)?" Shouto asked, caressing the back of my hands with his thumbs. I didn't say anything at first, because I had no clue what to say. All I could do was pull Shouto into my arms as my eyes started to water. "(M/N), what's wrong? You're starting to scare me." Shouto said, gently pushing me away from him.

He frowned at me and wiped away the tears that managed to escape my eyes. "(M/N), why are you crying?" Shouto asked, continuing to wipe away my tears as I let out a shaky sigh. "Shouto, we need to break-" "No," Shouto said, cutting me off. "Shouto-" "I don't know what's going on, but I refuse to let it break us up." Shouto looked at me with a frown on his face as he cupped my cheeks in the palms of my hands.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered, grabbing his hands to pull them off of me. "(M/N)-" "I'm breaking up with you." Shouto looked at me with wide eyes, and even now as they filled up with tears, he was still absolutely beautiful to me. "Why?" He asked quietly. I wanted to tell him the truth, that I was now a dead man walking, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't let him throw his life away just to stay with me. "Because you deserve better." Shouto opened his mouth to speak, but I was already out of the room before he could mutter a word.