Non-Mage Male Reader x Mystogan (Fairy Tail)

(M/N) (L/N)'s p.o.v

"Shit" I mumbled to myself, looking at all of the fallen bodies in the guild hall. They were all sleeping of course, thank the heavens. But this alone meant one thing, and one thing only. Mystogan was here in the guild, and soon he would try to talk to me. He was going to try to hug me, hold me close, and most likely try to kiss me. He was going to try to take me up the stairs of the guild hall where I had just came from, carry me into my apartment, and cuddle me to sleep.

And I would wake up tomorrow morning, and he would be gone, for as long as he was gone before. The idea of that made me click my tongue and turn around, making my way back toward the stairs. Except, I couldn't even take one step because I was hit with an extreme amount of drowsiness. "Damn it" I mumbled to myself. He knows exactly what I was going to do before I even did it.

And now he put spells on each exit so that I couldn't leave. 'Fuck him for being a step ahead of me like the dick he is.' I let out a deep sigh and made my way over to the guild doors, pushing my hand against the exit to see that it also had the same effect on me as well. 'Yep, I'm completely screwed' I thought to myself as I made my way over to one of the bar stools, sitting down and waiting for Mystogan to come down the stairs.

Hopefully when I ask him to undo the spell he'll listen so I can make a break for it. But then again, he's smart and probably knows exactly what is going through my head right now. And after a few minutes of making up things in my head that would at least get him to think about undoing the spell, I heard familiar footsteps walk down the steps that lead to the guild master's office.

They made my breath hitch and my nerves act up all of a sudden. '(M/N), calm the fuck down' I thought to myself, gulping slightly when I heard those familiar footsteps get closer to me. I could feel his eyes on me, which made me slightly uncomfortable. Damn, I wasn't in the mood to see him. I quickly looked down at my lap like it was the most interesting thing in the world, my eyes expecting every detail that my fingernails had.

"(M/N)." I could feel a blush slowly start to creep up on my cheeks as I continued to look at my nails. I had thought his voice wouldn't affect me like it use to, but it did. I then felt his fingers brush against my cheek, to which I quickly pulled away and cleared my throat awkwardly."S-so how was your journey?" I wanted to sigh at my stupidity for letting myself stutter.

"It was fine" he whispered, his voice laced with hurt as his arm retracted to his side. I hated that. I hated the fact that he felt hurt right now, but I also hated the fact that he expects me to really act how I did before he left me here without a word, or a letter to at least tell me he wasn't dead. "That's good to hear..." I trailed off, not really knowing how to finish my sentence.

After that, an uncomfortable and awkward silence had grown between us. Not to mention that the atmosphere felt tense and stiff. It made me sigh and open my mouth to say something, but Mystogan cut me off by pulling me into a hug. The movement alone made me click my tongue in annoyance and push him away from me, myself sliding off of the stool I was on and walking away from him.

"(M/N)-" "you don't get to do that" I said seriously as I continued to walk away from him. "What are you talking about?" He asked in slight confusion. His question made me turn around and look him in the eyes, glaring straight into them. I saw him wince slightly, my feet quickly walking towards him as my hands bawled into fists. "You don't get to come here and touch me, acting like you've been when we both know you haven't in months."

A frown made its way to his face as he reached out to cup my cheek, but I slapped his hand away from me. "Don't you dare fucking touch me, you don't deserve to touch me after you left me without a word. I woke up and you were fucking gone, I looked for you everywhere and I couldn't find you. I spent the last few months thinking that you had left because you no longer loved me and that you left me here because you didn't want someone how wasn't a mage around you."

"You could have sent me a letter, woke me up before you left. But no, you just up and left me. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH THAT SHIT HURT ME?" Mystogan winced again, but looked at me with shocked widened eyes. "I didn't mean to-" "Don't apologize to me now, I don't fucking want one. I want you to leave me alone and never bother me again."

"I'm tired of waiting for you to come back, I'm tired of worrying about if you're dead or not, I'm tired of not feeling good enough for you, I'm tired of waiting to start a future with you when you aren't even worried about starting one with me." My eyesight started to get blurry as I stared right into Mystogan's eyes. They looked back into mine with so many emotions that I couldn't name. But I could care less about that right now.

I just wanted him to stay with me, hold me in his arms, and tell me that everything would be okay. That he wouldn't leave anymore, and that he would protect me, and make me feel safe like he use to. I saw him swallow his saliva harshly and walk toward me, pulling me into his arms. God how I missed his warmth and how strong his arms feel when they wrap around me.

I quickly pulled down his mask, cupped his cheeks in my hands and kissed him deeply. I couldn't help it anymore, I wanted him so badly that it hurt. I need him so badly that it hurt. I loved him so badly that it hurt. And even though I was losing air in my lungs, I didn't want to stop kissing him. I never want his lips to leave mine. Even when he tried to pull away, I pushed myself up against him so he couldn't.

After a few more minutes I almost felt like I was going to pass out, so I reluctantly pulled away from him. I was panting heavily, my chest rising and falling furiously. We both just stared into each other's eyes, my (E/C) eyes staring into his, and his dark hazel eyes staring into mine. Somehow after our kiss, the silence had grown comfortable, and the atmosphere wasn't tense anymore.

I actually felt happy right now, being in his arms like I use to be. I couldn't help but rest my chin on his chest and take in his smell, the scent of plums filling my nose. "(M/N)....." I heard Mystogan whisper my name, trailing off like he couldn't finish his sentence. I looked up at him with a happy smile on my face, my eyes staring longingly into his. "Yes?" I asked, my thumbs caressing his cheeks.

He looked absolutely hesitant, but said what was on his mind anyways. "I have to leave soon...." 'So that was it huh?' I looked down and chuckled bitterly, maneuvering myself out of his arms. "God I'm so stupid" I mumbled to myself, my eyes watering as a shaky breath left me. "(M/N)-" "no, it's fine. It's my fault for jumping into your arms like that when I knew the consequences."

I didn't want to hear him speak, I felt completely drained and I had no idea what to do anymore. I just turned around and walked away from him, using every amount of strength I had to hold back my tears. "(M/N) wait-" "just stay away from me" I whispered, looked at him from the corner of my eye. He stopped walking altogether and just stared at me.

"I hope you save the world like you want to" I say with a pause, "and when you come back, I won't be here waiting for you like I have been." His eyes widened at my words, but I just gave him a sad smile, placing my hands on my heart. "I love you with all my heart, and nothing will ever change that. But, we can never be together like I want us to." I laughed at that and shook my head, making my way up the stairs leading to the apartments.

I could hear Mystogan calling after me, his footsteps banging against the floor as I made my way up the stairs. They had gotten even louder when I had made it to my room and opened the door. He was yelling, screaming for me to wait. But I didn't listen to him. I just closed and locked the door behind me, my body sliding down against it. "(M/N) open the door."

It started off as knocking on the door, then it turned to banging. I felt the tears I was trying my best to keep in run violently down my face, everything around me blurry and unclear. "(M/N) please! Open the door, I'm begging you." He sounded desperate, but I couldn't do this anymore. I couldn't handle the fact that my love for him wasn't enough to get him to stay with me.

I turned around slightly and placed my hand and forehead against door. "I'm sorry.....but I just........can't do this anymore." I could hear his body shift, like he had placed his hand and forehead against the door as well. "I-I love y-you (M/N), I always will" he whispered, his voice cracking with every word he said. I gripped the part of my shirt that was over my heart and shut my eyes, a broken smile making it to my face. "And I love you Mystogan, always and forever."

~

Next Chapter:

>Insecure Male Reader x Lyon Vastia {Fairy Tail}<

See y'all soon

~ Tae