Seme Male Reader x Uke Shikamaru Nara (Naruto)

Hello everyone!!! How's life? Currently, I'm forced to take online classes until early May. Life is great as a music major! Note the sarcasm. I hope to update my other books before the end of next week, but do not quote me on that. My workload has doubled, so bare with me. Also, this one-shot is based on modern times. And with that being said, enjoy!

Requested By: deamon73

~

(M/N) (L/N)'s p.o.v

Shikamaru hated me.

Shikamaru hated my fucking guts.

He hated anything and everything to do with me.

And in all honesty, I couldn't really tell you why he did. I just knew he hated me. He hated everything that I stood for. Everything I did, might have done, and might do in the future. Who knows, I might be overreacting, but at the same time, it didn't feel like I was. Especially when he would say he hated me on a daily basis. Every chance he got, he'd tell me he hated me. Just like now actually.

We were supposed to be going to a family event together. That's right, I said family event and together in the same sentence. Why though? You might be asking. Well, it's simple, we're married, and it's only been six months. Six fucking months we've been married and I've been told I'm an idiot and how hated I am for half a year.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the marriage was arranged, so I understand why he was pissed at the world. But at the same time, six months is a long time to keep telling someone how much you hate them, and how much of an idiot you believe they are. At this point, I was starting to question why I even agreed on signing the marriage papers.

"All I asked was for us to wear matching suits. One small request! And what do you go and do? You go and do the exact opposite!!! The exact fucking-" eventually I just stopped listening to his rant and looked to the side to see that we had about twenty five minutes till the event started and it would take thirty to get there.

Great! Something else he was going to yell at me about! And with that thought, I took his hand, grabbed my keys, and headed straight to the door leading to the garage."What the-" "We're going to be even more late if we stay here and-" "And would you look at that! Now we're going to be late! Good fucking job-" Once again, I stopped listening and just focused on getting into the car and driving off of our property.

^

The thirty minute drive felt like an hour with Shikamaru telling me off. Right now he hated how I made us late because I couldn't get our outfits to match. Little did he understand that yelling and cursing at me for as long as he did was what actually made us late. But, I just sighed, parked the car, and made my way into the building. I made sure to grab Shikamaru's hand and intertwine our fingers before we actually started to walk though.

Luckily it stopped him from mumbling curse words at me. I mentally sighed in relief as we made our way through the front doors and into the venue. I looked around to see people I expected to see, and some I didn't expect to see. But, that didn't surprise me. Usually when my parents and Shikamaru's parents plan an event together, friends of the family usually attend as well.

"I'm gonna go talk to Naruto okay?" Shikamaru asked. I just nodded, squeezed his hand, and kissed his cheek before he went off to talk to his friends while I headed for the snack table. And boy was I happy it was my first destination because once I started eating cheese and crackers, I basically started shoving the snack down my throat until I grew tired and started sipping on the expensive champagne my parents always had for these events.