Insecure Male Reader x Lyon Vastia (Fairy Tail)

(M/N) (L/N)'s p.o.v

Insecure - Adjective

(Of A Person) Not Confident Or Assured; Uncertain And Anxious.

Cutting - Verb

To Make An Incision In One's Own Flesh, As A Symptom Of Emotional Distress.

Beauty - Noun

A Combination Of Qualities, Such As Shape, Color, Or Form, That Pleases The Aesthetic Senses, Especially The Sight.

Ugly - Adjective

Unpleasant Or Repulsive, Especially In Appearance

Self-Doubt - Noun

Lack Of Confidence In Oneself And One's Abilities.

Unintelligent - Adjective

Having Or Showing A Low Level Of Intelligence.

^

I like this guy. I know, pretty common to say something like that, but I mean it. I like everything about him. Well, more like love everything about him. It might sound weird to say you love everything about a person, because each individual has their own set of flaws. But through my eyes, he has none at all. I know that the word perfect is overrated, but to me, that's exactly what he is.

From the way his hair blows in the wind, or the way it has a mind of its own when he wants to try out different hair styles. To the way his lips curl upward when he's happy about something. Or the way his pearly white teeth shine when he's smiles brightly, I love the way his nose scrunches up while he chuckles, and the way his nostrils flare when he bursts into fits of laughter.

When his eyes sparkle when he sees something that makes him feel joyful. When he closes his eyes to rest, and he has such an innocent and peaceful facial expression. When he eats his favorite food and his face shows nothing but bliss. When his eyebrow raises when he wants to be sarcastic, or when he wants to prove a point. I completely love it. I completely love all of it.

Even when he wakes up with what he calls "a horrible bed head," I just run my fingers though it and smile at him gently. Even when he looks in the mirror and thinks he isn't that attractive, I smack his arm and yell at him for thinking that about himself. Even when he said he wasn't that smart, I glared at him intensively until he shivered and looked at me with that beautiful smile of his. A nervous one anyway.

I don't know why he is so perfect to me, but he just, is. Everything about him made me fall in love with him even more. His pale blue hair felt like silk when my fingers brushed up against each and every strand, his onyx eyes always hypnotized me when they looked into my own (E/C) ones, and his skin always had a polished feel to it, as well as a scent that will always remind me of an ocean breeze.

Maybe me being in love with him was the best thing for me. Because in my eyes, he was too good for me, and I was just a burden to him. I wasn't attractive like he was. Everytime I looked in the mirror I saw some ugly short male with think rimmed glasses, puffy shoulder-length (H/C) hair that had its own brain ninety-nine percent of the time, and freckles and pimples here and there on their face.

Not to mention the fact that I felt like my nose was too big to even be on my face, and my lips were too big to even fit on my body. My ears are weird, my hands are oddly small for the male species, my body is weak and thin, and my voice is anything but deep. I am a nerd when it comes to the books that I read, games that I play, TV shows that I watch, and the magic that I desperately want to learn.

Not to mention the fact that I can't even control my own powers. Usually when I use it they get out of control half of the time or I can't use it at all because of my own doubts. I'm a fire mage for crying out loud! Controlling my powers should be a piece of cake, but it's not. I can't even make a ball of it appear from my hand. Nor can I start one with the snap of my fingers. I'm just weak and unworthy. Why would anyone want to date someone, like that?

^

"-rth to (M/N)" I heard a very familiar voice say, which woke me from my thoughts. I rapidly blinked and looked up at Lyon, his onyx eyes looking into mine. "You alright?" His voice was laced with worry as he stopped drying his hair with a towel. I just nodded my head and looked back down at the book I keep trying to read. "Yeah...." I said softly. I could feel a frown grow on his face as a sigh left him.

"Are you sure, you've been staring into space." I looked up again to give him a reassuring smile, but it ended up faltering when my eyes met his abs that were dripping with water. Each and every drop running either down each ab, or in between them. I gulped and looked up at him like I was going to before, only to see him smirking at me. I could only blush and quickly look away from him.

I heard a deep chuckle leave him as he made his way over towards me, taking the book out of my hands and throwing it somewhere across the room. "Hey, I was reading th-eck!!" I let out a loud squeak when he pushed me backwards and pinned my wrists to the bed. "You and I both know you weren't reading that" Lyon says with an eyebrow raise, his lips curling downwards.

"Yes I-" "So what was the page about then?" The question made me sigh in defeat, looking everywhere he wasn't. His hand released my wrists and found its way under my chin, forcing my eyes to meet his. "What's wrong (M/N)?" He asked again, which made me avoided eye contact. "Nothing....." I whisper, my sentence trailing off. Lyon let out a sigh and looked into my eyes deeply.

He looked into them for only a few seconds before sighing again, sitting up and moving away from me. "Sometimes I wonder why you can never tell me what's really wrong with you" Lyon said looking down at me from the corner of his eyes. "Please don't look at me like that....." I whisper, hesitantly looking back into Lyon's onyx orbs. He chuckled bitterly and ran his fingers through his hair, his eyes slowly closing.

"It just hurts to know that you still don't trust me enough to tell me what's on your mind." I could feel tears slowly come to my eyes as I slowly got up and wrapped my arms around him. "I just hate a few things about myself is all" I say as calm as possible. Lyon looks at me with a serious expression on his face before grabbing my waist and pulling me into his lap.

"You better listen to what I'm about to tell you, or so help me God you won't be able to walk for a week." Lyon paused for a moment and lifted my chin with his fingers, looking straight into my eyes. "This is the last time I'm going to tell you that there is nothing wrong with you. There is nothing wrong with the way you look, speak, eat, or even the way you fucking breathe. You're beautiful to me, more than you'll ever even know."

"I love the way your hair looks when you roll out of bed, I love the way your eyes brighten and the way your face lights up when you're happy. I love how you feel in my arms when I hold you at night, I love it when you sit on my lap and leave kisses all over my face to wake me up, and I love it when you hold me after a nightmare, or a bad day, and just sing to me to cheer me up."

"There are so many things that you do that I love so much, but I just want you to know that I love you, and I'm in love with all of you. Rather, you like, or love yourself, or not. I'll never stop being in love with you." It took a few minutes for me to process his words, but when I did, tears slowly fell from my eyes.

Lyon wiped them away with his thumbs and placed his forehead against mine. "I love you (M/N)." A huge smile made its way to my face as I cupped his cheeks in my hands and closed my eyes in complete bliss. "I love you too Lyon........ I love you so much." I whispered softly.

I truly do love you too, Lyon.

~

Next Chapter:

> Non-Quirk Male Reader x Todoroki Shouto {Boku No Hero Academia} <

> Bipolar Disordered Male Reader x Izuku Midoriya {Boku No Hero Academia} <

> Blind Male Reader x Bakugou Katsuki {Boku No Hero Academia} <

See y'all soon

~ Tae