Short Male Reader x Ayato Kirishima (Tokyo Ghoul)

Requested By: blueweirdoxx

~

(M/N) (L/N)'s p.o.v

The day I met Ayato was a complete accident that I still remember to this day. It was a few days after my eighteenth birthday. I had just finished cooking dinner that I wasn't allowed to eat, and since my father hated how it tasted, he beat the living shit out of me. Now, at this point in my life, I was used to him putting his hands on me. But that day, in particular, was the worst beating that he's ever given me. He then threw money in my face, told me to get take out, and proceeded to describe what would happen to me if I had taken too long to get back home 

I can still remember how much it hurt to breathe, let alone move. But, I grabbed the money, stood up with all the strength I had left in my body, and made my way out of the house and into the streets. I made sure to cover my left eye with my hair and my hood the best that I could manage, but with my blurring vision, it really didn't matter who could see me. Because at that point, I could barely see the ground I was walking on, let alone the people around me.

I somehow made it to an alleyway, and eventually collapsed onto the floor with a grunt. I looked around the best I could, but my vision was too blurry and refused to focus. Instead, I decided to focus on breathing. Which was harder than walking at this point, but I had nothing better to do. Well, that was until I heard random footsteps. They sounded far away at first and soon started to get a bit closer. But at the same time, my ears were ringing, so I couldn't really tell if they were getting closer or not. 

"Usually, I like to hunt for my meals. But lately, I've been feeling a bit lazy." Was the male whispering? I couldn't tell anymore. It felt like someone was banging a hammer against my head. Eventually, I felt someone pick me up by my hair, which made me flinch. "You'll be dead soon enough, but while you're still alive, thanks for the food." The male said again, which must have triggered something in me because my eyes slowly began to refocus. 

Now, I've heard that ghouls were supposed to be dangerous, ruthless, and animalistic. But when my eyes fully refocused and they landed on a pair of scarlet and black ones, all the pain in my body felt like it disappeared. "Y-your eyes." I stuttered out, which made the male blink at me in confusion. "Excuse me?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me. "Your eyes...they're so.....beautiful." The male looked at me in surprise at first but then narrowed his eyes at me. "What the hell?" 

The male then let go of my neck, which now left me confused. "Are you not going to kill me?" I asked, which made the male click his tongue. "I was, but it's a bit freaky how your eyes are welcoming death a little too happily." His words made me chuckle bitterly as I thought about the past ten years of physical and mental abuse my father had put me through. And as sad as it sounded, death sounded way better than having to go back home. "Yeah well, my father does leave a lasting impression." 

The male didn't say a word, he just bent down and gently picked me. Even though it was gentle, I still ended up wincing from the pain. The male looked back down at me with his scarlet and black eyes, his eyebrows still raised in question. "My dad..." I whispered, trailing off. The male nodded, a sigh leaving his mouth. "Just, hold on tight if you can, okay?" He asked, which confused me. Until something suddenly grew out of his back that left me completely stunned.

I didn't know if they were wings or not, but they were purple and black with red looking veins all over the place. 'So pretty...' I thought to myself as I tried to reach out and touch them. "You're really weird for a human you know?" The male asked me, which made me look away from his wings and back into his eyes. "But...they're so pretty." The male stared at me for a few seconds before clearing his throat. "Just, try and hold on tight." The male stated before he "flew" up into the air and out of the district.