Severe Depressed Male Reader x Bakugou Katsuki (Boku No Hero Academia)

Requested By: ASoonToBeSkeleton

~

(M/N) (L/N)'s p.o.v

“Are you excited to go back to your fathers?” I asked Tamao, trying to make conversation, but it didn’t work. It never did. And that’s because she hated me. Ever since Kai and I had gotten a divorce, she wouldn’t look me in the eye unless she was glaring at me. I still remember the day she told me she hated me, and how it was my fault that her father was leaving me. I didn’t try to take up for myself or tell her the real reason that her father and I had broken up. I didn’t have the guts to. 

And so, we both sat in a very tense and uncomfortable atmosphere with the radio in the background until I had pulled up to her father’s house. I hadn’t even had the car parked for more than a second before she unbuckled her seatbelt, opened the car door, and shot out of the car. I sighed and squeezed the steering wheel before I slowly got out of the car and made my way up to Kai’s front door. It wasn’t my cup of tea, but it was necessary that Kai and I both waited at the front door with her until the door was answered every week we dropped her off at each other's houses.

Tamao gently rocked back and forth on her feet with her arms crossed behind her back until the front door opened to reveal her father, quickly looking from me to her. “Well, if it isn’t my favorite fifteen year old!” Kai exclaimed, causing a huge smile to grow on both of their faces. Tamao quickly latched onto her father for a few seconds before letting him go and making her way into the house. “I’ll see you next-” “bye!” Tamao said, cutting me off. I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck. 

Kai looked at me for a few seconds, his golden eyes studying me before he opened his mouth to speak. "That girl can sure hold a grudge," Kai said with a chuckle. But I didn't laugh at his words. All I could do was frown. "Yeah, she sure can." It was Kai's turn to frown at me. "Can you really blame her though?" Kai asked me and I sighed. "Look, Kai, I didn't come here to listen to you try and criticize me. I came here to drop our daughter off to be with you until next week"

"I have every right to criticize you (M/N)." I frowned at Kai's words. "You and I both know you have no reason to," I stated, but all my words did was make Kai chuckle. He took a step closer to me, which made my breath hitch, and that alone made a smirk grow on his face. "I have every right to criticize you (M/N), rather you like it or not." Kai took another step towards me, reaching up to cup my cheek in the palm of his hand. And I'm ashamed to say that I wanted it to stay there.

"You are the reason why we had gotten a divorce in the first place." My eyes widened at his words and I shook my head. "No I'm not, you're the one who-" "Loved you with all my heart? Loved you unconditionally? Gave you everything and anything you asked for? Accepted your flaws without hesitation? Agreed to spend the rest of my life with you out of nothing but pure love and adoration because I was madly in love with you?"

"Kai-" "I loved you to the best of my ability and in return I got a divorce." Kai then glared at me and removed his hand from my cheek, his golden eyes piercing through my entire being. "I have to go-" "You disgust me." My whole body froze as I stood there and stared Kai in the eyes. But his golden ones just stared back into mine. "I regret wasting my time with someone like you." Was the last thing that left his mouth before he turned around and went into his house. 

^

I had somehow made it to the supermarket without crashing my car. But that didn't mean I hadn't stopped shaking. "You disgust me" "I regret wasting my time with someone like you." A cold shiver ran up and down my spine as I ran my fingers through my hair. I thought I would be used to his insults by now. I got them every time I dropped Tamao off at his house. But this time, Kai struck a nerve that I never thought he would. 'Maybe I should drive off of a cliff or a bridge? Just end it all.'