53

"Namjoon, answer me," muttered the alpha through gritted teeth and narrowed his eyes. "I don't smell like another beta," tried the older, but his reaction earlier already gave him away.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and grabbed Namjoon's waist to lay his head in the omega's neck. "This scent worsens your heavenly scent," grumbled the black haired and rubbed his scent inconspicuously against Namjoon. The omega noticed but didn't say anything about it.

Jungkook scenting him? He's Namjoon, do you expect him to say no to that? And a little jealous was not the end of the world. If Jungkook is even jealous, maybe I'm interpreting this wrong.

"Hello Jungkook Hyung." Taehyung came to them, frowning a bit. "Hi Taehyung, why does Namjoon smell like another beta?" questioned the younger immediately without letting go of Namjoon.

Taehyung's frown deepened. He couldn't smell Haneul on Namjoon anymore, how could Jungkook? "I don't smell anyone," admitted Taehyung and tilted his head. 

Now was Namjoon confused too. How could Jungkook smell another beta on him but Taehyung couldn't? Jungkook hummed with a smile and let out a little laugh. "Why are you lying to me, Tae?"

 "I'm not!" exclaimed the youngest and whined. Jungkook detached himself from Namjoon and huffed. "He obviously doesn't smell like pure apples, it's so recognizable," spoke the alpha and clenched his jaw. "I don't like that."

"Wait, is that Haneul? Did you meet him today?" interrogated Jungkook his mate and looked outraged. "Maybe?" smiled Namjoon unsure and gulped. "But I promise we were just shopping!" defended the omega himself.

Jungkook stayed silent for a few seconds. Haneul was probably no threat. He shouldn't get mad over something like this. Namjoon wouldn't do anything bad behind his back. But why does Haneul's scent last so long on him? asked the little voice in his head.

"Did you scent each other?", "What? No! Jungkook, we're friends but I wouldn't let him scent me! Please, we're not that close. I don't know why you can still smell him," sighed Namjoon.

"So you didn't want to tell me that you hung out with him?" Jungkook shook his head, hoping Namjoon would prove him otherwise, but the look on the omega's face made him upset again.

Taehyung grimaced because he knew this tension wouldn't fade away soon if they wouldn't calm down first. "Let's eat first, yeah?" suggested the blue haired carefully.

Jungkook shot him a glance before he looked at Namjoon again. "I don't know if I should eat here, maybe Namjoon would rather have Haneul here?" Now was Jungkook just being petty.

"Alpha, please stay here. I wouldn't want it to have any other way, please," begged Namjoon, sniffling a bit. Jungkook getting louder and mad at him was something that the omega disliked. Why can't I be enough? Stupid me.

"I'm always so selfish, I had fun but obviously it doesn't make you happy and I'll stop now. But don't be mad, okay? Don't be mad. Please." Warm tears rolled over Namjoon's cheeks and Jungkook regretted everything he said. Why am I crying? I don't want to cry.

The alpha pulled the older into a hug, pressing Namjoon's head against his neck, releasing calming pheromones. "No, don't cry. I'm sorry, you can meet whoever you want. I'm happy you had fun, you can tell me about everything you did today, okay? You're the last person who is selfish. I was just an idiot and got jealous over nothing." Jungkook gulped, his inner panic made him go crazy.

"You were really jealous?" asked the blonde male and pouted a bit. Jungkook nodded and this made Namjoon giggle. "Wasn't it obvious?" Taehyung, who stood the whole time next to them, could only look at them with an open mouth and a confused expression.

"You are weird, both of you," muttered Taehyung and walked back to the kitchen. "Lunch is ready, we'll eat now," yelled the omega and waited till the two came to him. 

Namjoon wiped his tears away and a slight blush on his cheeks. "I don't know what happened in the last few minutes but Jungkook, try to control yourself before this gets toxic."

"Toxic?" Namjoon raised his eyebrows. "Tae I don't know what's going on in your head but nothing was toxic," explained the older brother and sat down, Jungkook next to him.

They ate silently and to say this was awkward was an understatement. 

_______________

Lmao it was kinda weird to have Taehyung call Jungkook 'Hyung'

I don't know what that is at this point 😐