45

I've seen this book reached 50k reads... uhm that's incredible? unbelievable? really damn amazing? I don't know what I did to deserve this... This book is distracting me from the stress at the moment and it makes me a bit happier (even though I'm not completely happy with my writiting style/chapters lol). It's a lot and I can't even express how thankful I am, but... thank you. so so much.

Y'all.. you are just too sweet, nice and friendly. You make my day better. I love you. 

__________

They slept for a few hours until a knock on the door woke them up. Misook put her head between the door and doorframe and smiled, "Hey boys. Yoongi told me I should come up later and here I am."

Namjoon sat up confused, how did- Oh, the pack bond probably. Yoongi was already out of bed and looked at his best friend with a reassuring smile. "I'll be downstairs," said the alpha before he disappeared out of the room.

Seconds passed and neither one of them said something. Misook was busy staring at the nest while Namjoon was ashamed. Oh Luna, I'm using her son's clothes as a nest after he said shit to me, I'm so pathetic.

"So... Am I allowed to sit here?" She pointed at the edge of the bed. He wrinkled up his nose but nodded nevertheless. "Namjoon." His head shot up as he heard his name. Misook smiled but her eyes hold something sad.

"Jungkook is scared of water if you didn't notice. Okay, maybe not scared but he despises it with his whole heart. He barely gets near to water usually. Of course I were surprised when I heard you'd make vacation at a beach," the omega started, swallowing the lump down her throat that started to built.

Namjoon's eyebrows furrowed, why would someone react like this to water? "What I'll tell you is a sensitive topic for me and it changed my Kookie. It can't excuse his behaviour but I hope you can understand him a bit. I'm sure he didn't go into the ocean without a protest," she laughed shortly and even the blonde young male had a little smile on his lips. No, he really didn't.

Misook sighed and glanced at the other omega with a thoughtful look. "It was a few months after I got my first litter. I was blessed with four beautiful and sweet puppies. They were all boys and well, they were always in the mood to play but it was very delightful. Kookie was the last-born and a bit smaller than them, but his brothers loved him with their whole heart."

Her eyes had a loving gaze but hardened shortly after. "One day, I took a walk with them through the forest. They were born in their wolf form and always loved to be in this form, so I'd run with them through the woods. They mostly stayed as little wolfs so they grew up faster and they wanted to discover more and more without me always being there. You know how kids get sometimes, don't want their mother to be around all the time."

Namjoon chuckled a bit, that sounded so adorable. Misook glanced at the wolf and smiled. The omega in front of her really looked messed up, his hair stood up in every direction and his face was red from crying. He sounded like a happy kid and it made her mother instinct contented.

"My puppies were still too young to be alone for a long time but we agreed they could stay at the river while I'd be hunting somewhere. They could be alone but I would be there if something happened. So I thought, at least," she mumbled, making the younger boy frown at her last sentence.

"On this day I just followed the smell of a deer. What I didn't know...," Misook stopped and bit her lip. She put the head in the neck and laughed a little. Her eyes shimmered with tears as she locked eyes with Namjoon.

The blonde male had a worried expression. He never knew Jungkook had brothers. Were they on a different school?

"A rogue dared to come into our territory. We weren't as feared as now back then and from time to time someone thought it would be a good idea to wander through our woods. He... He threw my kids into the water. They couldn't swim at that time and the stream was very strong on this day," she told, Namjoon's mouth opened in shock.

"I remember how I just wanted to kill a deer but then I heard the screams. I will never, never in my life forget those screams. They sounded so terrified and scared," Misook's bottom lip started to wobble but she shook her head. The clock ticked in the background, it was the only sound in the room for a few seconds.

Namjoon gulped and tilted his head sadly. "I ran back as fast as I could. They didn't stop screaming 'Mommy'. When I arrived, I saw a foreign wolf standing at the side of the river, snickering to himself. He looked so smug when I looked into his eyes."

"I didn't pay much attention to him because I saw my... my little babies floating down the river. And the water gets deeper and deeper at one point. I saw Jungkook paddling with his paws and jumped into the water. I grabbed him by the neck and went out of the water." Misook stopped talking for a minute, just looking at the ground.

The older lady sighed and continued, "I checked Jungkook's pulse and wanted to search for my other three puppies, but there weren't any screams anymore. I panicked and jumped into the water and tried to find them. No success. I kept swimming which almost killed myself too. I heard Jungkook's sobs and only then decided to get out of the water. I wanted to go to my only pup that survived."

Namjoon was quietly crying by now, he didn't want to imagine how Misook and Jungkook felt. Misook licked over her lips and looked the omega deeply in the eyes. "Sungho traced the rogue at the same day and bit his throat out as he found him. Jungkook's brothers were found one day after. They laid at the shore, dead. I wasn't able to safe all four of my kids and I will never forgive myself. My sweet babies," she sobbed and hold her hands in front of her face.

Oppressed silence engulfed them. This story was terrible and made Namjoon shiver. No mother deserved this, never. "Jungkook didn't leave my side for years. Our pack got stronger but I never wanted to have another litter. I wanted to give Jungkook all my attention and love. We needed each other."

"Don't tell him this, but once in a while he would transform into his wolf form and still come to me. When I'd look into his eyes, I'd just see a little puppy who lost all his brothers. It feels like the accident happened yesterday," spoke the woman and exhaled strongly, wiping her tears away.

"He's so vulnerable even though he doesn't show it. You know what the most heart breaking moment was?" Namjoon shook his head at the question but he hoped it wouldn't break his heart even more. 

Misook's eyes were filled with tears again. "Jungkook told me 'I wish I would have died. They should be alive, not me. My brothers are dead and I'm still here. It's not fair.' He only said it once, but it was enough to make me cry right there. I just couldn't stop crying, hearing my baby say this... It still makes my heart clench. He deserves the best even though he isn't showing his best side right now. He needs you, Namjoon."

_____________

I can't write emotional things, this was dry af 😬