44

I accidentally said you'd find out in this chapter why Jungkook hates water, but the explanation is in chapter 45, oopsie 😇

I have a Latin exam tomorrow and I feel like I'll fail, I've been under so much stress lately and the exam phase is just beginning :)

_____________

 Jungkook went downstairs into the living room where all of his friends waited for the two wolfs. They were confused when only the alpha came in. 

"Where's Namjoon?" asked Hoseok, the scent of discomfort filled his nose and he knit his brows. Went something wrong while they were up there to resolve their problems? 

Misook entered the room and prevented Jungkook from answering the question. "Jungkook! How did it go? Where's the cute omega?" asked the mother with a smile which dropped as she didn't get an answer immediately.

The young alpha seemed almost very shy, his eyes looked frantically around. "Uhm, funny story..." And that's how Jungkook started to tell them what happened between Namjoon and him. 

To say his mother was disappointed was an understatement. Jin even had to hold Yoongi back from attacking the young alpha. "A bastard! That's what you are!" yelled the white-haired male and struggled in vain to free himself out of Jin's grip. 

"Okay guys, let's calm down. I'd propose someone should go to Namjoon and comfort him," spoke Misook up and pressed her lips together. Jimin looked around and pointed at Yoongi. "I think Yoongi Hyung can soothe him. Nothing against you Taehyung, but I think Yoongi the right choice at this moment."

The rest nodded, Taehyung looked at the soon-to-be leader. How dared he to hurt his precious brother even more? If he'd do something he'd get in trouble and that was probably something what Namjoon didn't want. Taehyung only wanted his brother to be happy and Jungkook was ruining it.

"Yoongi, will you go upstairs?" asked Misook and got directly a nodding as answer. "I will but I think we need to leave him alone for a bit. I'm not even sure if he just wants to see someone," sighed the alpha and calmed down a bit.

"Go to him when you think he's ready," meant the luna and smiled encouragingly. Her gaze fell on her son and she tilted her head while narrowing her eyes. "You and me," she pointed at her son who gulped, "We'll have a talk, young man." 

Hoseok and Jimin snickered in the background as they saw Jungkook who paled at his mother's words. The two went putside and left the friends in the living room. "I hope luna will talk some sense into his brain. He can't keep hurting Joonie," mumbled Hoseok, everyone agreed silently. 

Jin sighed and pulled Yoongi against his chest. "I can smell that you're bothered but everything will be fine in the end," whispered the oldest in his ear and caressed Yoongi's cheek. The other only grumbled but didn't say anything against it. 

They sat on a couch for a bit over an hour until Yoongi couldn't stand it anymore and he had to see his best friend. The alpha walked to Jungkook's bedroom, even from outside he could sniff the sorrowful scent coming from the omega.

Yoongi exhaled long before he knocked on the door and opened it. The smell was even stronger and covered almost Jungkook's scent completely. It made him stumble before he got a grip on himself. 

Namjoon layed on the bed, it seemed like he went through Jungkook's closet and took some clothes to build a nest. "Oh damn," muttered the white-haired male under his breath. Building a nest in such a situation and seeing Namjoon inside of it made Yoongi's heart ache.

"Hey baby," said the alpha softly, he didn't want to panic Namjoon with another alpha scent. He made a few steps forward but stopped when the omega whimpered. "It's okay, I'm here. It's only me, your Yoongi Hyung," purred the older.

"Yoongi Hyung?" came Namjoon's soft voice, he lifted his head a bit to see that indeed only his best friend was there. "Can I come into your nest?" asked Yoongi carefully. You couldn't just go into an omega's nest without consent first and he totally respected that.

Namjoon hesitated but nodded finally. The older found a position next to Namjoon and layed down. "I'll never be in a pack. Jungkook doesn't want me as a mate. I'll never be safe, I should just disappear, I'm a burden," sobbed the blonde male suddenly.

Yoongi looked at Namjoon and pulled him to his side, giving him a strong hug. His hand patted through the younger's hair. "Now listen, puppy," the other blushed at the new nickname, "I think you don't know how many people admire you. We all love you. Jin, Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung, we all do. And Jungkook likes you too. Don't forget your parents! We all are so thankful you're still alive. To be honest, I think Misook likes you and surely she'll make Jungkook's promise come true."

The alpha stopped for a second before he continued, "She's a very good person. She knows you don't have a pack. Misook is also mad at Jungkook because he said things that were totally not okay. I guess she wants you both together and will do anything so you will get along again."

Namjoon only hummed and closed his eyes, crying was exhausting. "Jungkook, he... he hates water. I'm even surprised he went with you to a beach. He didn't go into a swimming pool or ocean since he's a little child, I think. Yeah, that was when-," Yoongi stopped abruptly, making the other confused.

"What was then?" came Namjoon's hoarse voice and put his chin on Yoongi's chest. "I don't think I should tell you," answered the alpha honestly but it didn't satisfy Namjoon.

"Yoongi~," whined the younger with a pout. "Jungkook protested so much about going into the water and I don't even know why! You know it too but you don't want to tell me. How should I understand Jungkook if I don't know if he's just a jerk or if something happened," complained Namjoon.

The older sighed and pursed his lips. "It's not my place to tell, please understand that, pup. I consider Misook to tell you. I will send her to you later, okay?" asked Yoongi and was happy to see Namjoon agree.

"Everything is just so shitty lately, Hyung," mumbled the omega and felt his eyes because of new tears sting again. He laid his head on Yoongi's chest again. "Time heals all wounds, pup. Remember that. Even you will be happy. It will not be like that forever, please don't leave us," whispered Yoongi, his voice cracked almost because he also had tears in his eyes now. 

He never wants to lose his precious Namjoonie. It would break him.

__________

I didn't plan to make Yoongi call Namjoon puppy, but it's kinda cute, I guess??