20

Did some of you even get a notification for chapter 19? Just asking because I have the feeling that a lot of people didn't read it🤔

______________________

Namjoon was longer unconscious as planned.
He was a wolf, but the wounds seemed to heal more slowly because his soul was weak.
Which is why worries kept increasing as Namjoon hadn't opened his eyes for a month.

In this month Taehyung was already included in Jungkook's pack. And the young omega would have been very happy if his brother wasn't in a coma.

In the meantime, it was even assumed that Namjoon won't breath any longer. Even Jungkook, who had found him in the alley that day, was concerned. Of course the Alpha made sure that whoever raped Namjoon would get his punishment.

Today, when Taehyung came to visit his brother again, he couldn't stop his tears. He grabbed Namjoon's hand and kissed each ankle. There was only a plaster on his face, and yet Taehyung saw something much worse.

His brother's pale body made Taehyung shiver. Salty, warm tears found their way onto the bedspread and loud, heartbreaking sobs echoed in the room. "My dear brother, my lovely brother...please wake up," the blue-haired mumbled and closed his eyes.

It took hours and dusk came. Taehyung never left Namjoon's bed and ignored the fact that Jungkook had been keeping him company for almost an hour.

The Alpha sat quietly in the corner and looked out of the window with tired eyes. The silence was terrible. You could have heard a needle drop on the floor.
Strangely, Jungkook felt like his wolf was being pushed down more and more into water. It felt like the water was squeezing Jungkook's throat, robbing him all air to breathe. Jungkook knew his wolf had been so miserable since he saved Namjoon and that the latter didn't wake up.

And just as the Alpha was about to leave the room, he heard a shocked gasp from Taehyung. With a swing he turned around and ran to the bed.

Namjoon had closed his eyes, so the brown-haired was confused for a moment. His eyes went down to the brothers' clasped hands. Jungkook's eyes widened when he saw Namjoon's fingers twitch.

At that moment he could no longer control his reactions and it felt like he was being pulled out of the breathtaking water. He gripped the other hand of the Omega and waited anxiously for a reaction.

"Namjoon, wake up. Open your eyes. Come on. I know you can do it, Omega!" whispered Jungkook with a weak voice.
His throat felt dry and it burned.

Minutes passed. The fingers just twitched, but neither of the wolves wanted to leave Namjoon. The chance that he would wake up now was bigger than ever and neither of them wanted to miss it.

"I thought you were training him?!" Taehyung said suddenly. His voice sounded completely tired and the condition of the omega showed how much he was suffering. "We did." Jungkook replied quietly, looking at Namjoon's sleeping face.
The alpha painted small circles on Namjoon's palm with his own fingers.
"No you didn't. You exhausted him and you more than just overstretched his stamina. He can't defend himself, damn!
Shouldn't you have taught him that first? Muscles need to build up for a long time if you didn't know that! And you know exactly how much he suffers at school. Tell me, Jungkook, did you ever do anything when you saw that he was getting beaten up?" Taehyung was angry and little tears ran down his cheeks.

Jungkook wanted to answer and he would have, but suddenly he felt pressure on his hand. His eyes shot to Namjoon and Jungkook really hoped it wasn't a dream.
Because the omega, who was in a coma a short time ago, looked at him now with indolent eyes.

Taehyung's angry expression changed immediately and he pulled his brother into a tight hug so that he started to cough.
"Let me go, y-you strangle me."
Namjoon took a deep breath as he was released from the embrace.

Namjoon looked around at the hospital room of the Midnight pack. He grimaced and looked at the two wolves.

"So I'm not dead?" asked the brown-haired omega, his voice rough and barely audible.
"No, you're luckily still alive."

"Oh dammit."