Birthday Part 2

Brett was the guy I had a crush in elementary. He was always nice to me. When middle school came he bullied me. The only time he was nice was when no one was looking. Why was he here? In my home?

"Jamie this is my cousin from California. His name is-" I stopped her. I already know him. He isn't new.

"I know who he is." I said. James came close to me but my head hung low. I did not want to look up.

"It's been a while hasn't it Jamie." The way he said my name made my heart slow down. I didn't want to see him. Just act casual. Act like he wasn't one of the reasons you tried to kill yourself. I held on to James hand and squeezed it.

"Y-yeah. I-it-it's been a long time." I can't breath. It was slow and I tried to back up without anyone noticing. I felt crowded again.

"Everyone was looking for you." Oh that is complete bullcrap. That don't miss me. They might miss hitting me and saying mean thing to hurt my feelings.

"Oh. umm I I w-will t-t-take ya all jackets and put it up." I said struggling to get the sentence out. They gave me there jackets and I went to the closet. I did a loud scream and James came running.

"Woah..." Was all he could say. Our closet was being used as a bedroom. Tracy had she shirt off with her legs around Jihanno. Jihanno had his back against us. All I seem was his bare back which had fresh stretch marks from Tracy and his small pale butt cheeks. They had stop kissing and looked at me and James. His hand slowly dropped from her chest.

"Jihanno I thought you were g.a.y!" He laughed for a bit. It was a nervous laugh.

"Actually I'm bisexual." He said pulling up his pants. Tracy started to put on her clothes too. This is the craziest thing I seen all day.

"This is why I didn't want him touching you. He look to straight to be gay." James really had to put his two cents in everything. I was to shocked to argue with him. I sometimes liked when he's jealous but do he not see what's happening.

"Y'all couldn't wait till the party was over? Oh my gosh..." I hung up the three coats that belong to Brett and his parents. Jihanno and Tracy slipped out the closet with there clothes on. We all walked back in the front room and my father came over frantically with fear.

"Is everything ok?" He said making sure I didn't have a bruise or mark.

"Yeah." I said getting close to James thinking about Brett looking at me. He was looking with intensity. Why is he staring? Do I look worse then I did the last time he saw me? We all sat down in the living room because it was larger then the front room.

"So how do you and Jamie know each other?" Candy said tossing her hair to the side. I hated that Brett eyes never moved away from me. Out of all the time James notice all the guys looking at me why could he see that Brett was bullying me with his eyes. I can't tell what he mean by staring at me this hard.

"We went to school together for eight years right Jamie?" Stop saying my name you jerk. Stop looking at me. Stop trying to intimidate me. Just stop doing what you doing and get out my house.

"No. Nine. We also went to pre-k together." I said lowly. I squeeze James hands hoping he would get the hint that I am uncomfortable. He never got it though. He just kept talking with him. I wanted to go.

"Are you ok?" James whispered in my ear. I was on the verge of crying. I still had the scar from when I tried to kill myself.

"No." I said. He took to the backyard telling everybody we was setting up for the party.

"What's wrong baby?" He asked when we was outside. I couldn't tell him exactly everything. I hugged him as tight as I could. I cried while James hug me tightly and rubbed my back. I heard someone come out and James held my head to his chest.