Surprise!

"What your doing here?" I asked

"I am suppose to give you a tour of our school. I'm majoring in art." He said with a smile overtaking his face.

"Great. My roommate isn't here yet. So you want to chill for a while." I opened the door wider and let him come inside my humble aboard. He looked around and plopped down on my bed.

"Nice." He nodded in approval.

"Would you like a cookie because that is the only thing I have here." I walked into the mini fridge and grabbed a pack of Chips Ahoy. I threw it to him and he catches it with his left hand.

"Thanks." He took a whole row and started to smash. I watched him eat and I don't know it is just good to see him eat. He reminded me of my dad. My dad was a happy eater. He eats with a smile even if it is disgusting. He would say food is meant to comfort the soul, That is why I eat it happily. He was always saying things about food.

"You eat like my father." I said sitting beside him and watching him eat.

"Is that a good thing?"

"Yeah. Really good." I nodded.

"I thing food is meant to comfort, that is why I eat it happily." He said stuffing his face. I couldn't control the tears that ran down my face.

"My dad would have said the same thing." After I said that he notice I was crying. He turned towards me and whipped the tears that fell. He wrapped his arms around me and let me cry in his chest.

"It's ok to cry." He whispered into my ears.

"I'm s-sorry." I stuttered.

"You can count on me like one two three I'll be there." He sung lightly.

"I love that song."

"Good. That can be our song." He grabbed my hands and kissed my forehead. We was interrupted by Sugar walking in complaining on the phone with her friend.

"He has an ex girlfriend and we're roommates." She looked at me and looked at Jamie.

"This is Jamie. He will be giving us a tour." We got off the bed and fixed ourselves.

"Hi, I'm Sugar." She grabbed his hand and shook it. We walked out the dormroom.

"I heard that both of y'all are majoring in music production. I want to show y'all the sound room." It felt like we walked miles to get to it. With the hot weather I couldn't help the sweat that fell down my face. When we entered the studio it was worth it. It was where I imagine magic is practice and preformed. I can see voices work together to make something special. I walked in and imagine working to get something closest to perfection.

"I thought it would be bigger." Sugar said bitterly.

"It is not about the amount of space, it's about what you can do with the space." I was still amazed by what can happen. I nodded in approval and went on. He showed us more places and I enjoyed every bit of it. He walked us back to our room. When we got there Sugar went inside and I stayed out with Jamie a bit.

"Can we go out sometime? You know Together?" He asked with his hands digging into his pockets.

"Of course. I would really like that." I pulled him into a hug and smelt his sweet perfume.

"Ok bye." He ran and fell down in the middle of the hallway. I should pretend I didn't see it. When I was about to go to go inside I was brought back out with a voice.

"Wait. Jamie lets talk."

"What is there to talk about?" I said closing my door and leaned against the wall.

"I asked you to wait for me." I rolled my eyes an crossed my arms.

"Oh my gosh! You asked in a rhetorical way. Plus it don't looked like you wanted me wait the way you was taking pictures with Sugar. I don't believe you need to be in a relationship for a while. All the girls you hurt would think the same thing." I waved a quick goodbye and walked back into my dorm room. I changed into my night clothes. I laid on the bed and thought of my conversation with James. When I started to get sad that I didn't get to let him someone called me. I didn't look at the caller ID. I just picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hello. I just wanted to know how you was doing."

"I'm doing fine Jamie. Just thinking about stuff." I said.

"Good things I hope."

"Not really." I laughed.

"Then I will sing you a happy song to make you smile." He cleared his throat and sung Bruno Mars Count on me. Our song.

"You sound horrible." I laughed.

"Good thing I majored in Art and not music. Any who it's good to hear you laugh. You have a nice laugh. I want to hear more." This guy. He knew how to make me smile. He got James out of my mind for a while and filled me up with laughter.

"You can hear it more tomorrow if you wanted to go out tomorrow with weird old me."

"Yes!! Yes yes yes yes yees!!" He yelled. I heard someone in the background telling him to shut up and I died laughing.

"Ok. text me a place because I don't know many places down here." I turned to my other side and I cuddled to my covers thinking about Jamie on his bed.

"Ok. Make sure to dress the best you can. After class we are going somewhere fancy." I smiled at his niceness.

"We don't have to go anywhere fancy."

"I want to take you out to a wonderful place because you deserve the best. With the beauty you possess you should be treated with many fancy things." He made me cry. No one ever told me that. He made me feel like a queen. I liked it.

"Thank you." I said trying not to sound like I was crying.

"You welcome. I have to go. My friend look like he is about to murder me."

"Ok bye."

"Bye beautiful." I clicked the end button even though I wanted to talk to him all night long. I went to sleep thinking of all the possibilities. I hope that this sweet guy act isn't shown to anyone but me. I hope that he... Nevermind.