// CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE //

Despite the very shocking and confusing start to the day, it was pretty average. George bought me a hot chocolate from the cafe before we went into Herbert's classroom where I spent most the time teasing him about the weird faces he pulls when he's playing the drums, it's so intense it's hilarious. After class George also offered to walk me to work, but remembering that Adam didn't want the lads knowing he was trying to earn some money for himself I denied it graciously and took the bus. I wish I hadn't, because the smell of B.O and cheesy puffs had built a permanent home in my nostrils and I thought I was going to be sick by the time I reached the grotty sign above my workplace which read 'Good Vibrations'. It was like a stereotypical 50's sign but with Las Vegas writing incorporated into it and frankly it was sore on the eyes. I'd begged Doug to let me re-design it but he was having none of it; I remember the way his whole body wobbled with fury that I even suggested the idea.

I walked in to hear the door bell chime and slung my bag over the counter and took my regular seat. Adam emerged from the back room with a huge smile on his face and dumped the records that were up to his chin on the counter beside me, before looking me straight in the eye continuing with his creepy grin.

"What?" I laughed nervously, turning quickly to face my reflection in the window to check I looked reasonable.

"Guess who has a meeting with a huge record label tomorrow morning?" Adam sung happily, his eyes shiny with anticipation and excitement. He looked like he was going to burst.

"No fucking way." I gasped, feeling my eyes widen as I grabbed him and leant over the counter to give him a hug. "That's amazing! How?!"

"Apparently there was some guy at the Victoria the other night at our gig who's friends with the chief boss man, and it's all thanks to you babe!" Adam grinned into my hair, hugging me even tighter. After a few seconds we pulled away and I took half of his record pile to help him, asking him constant questions about the bands meeting.

"What time?"

"10am."

"Who else is going there?"

"Just me and the boys."

"Don't you have a representative?"

"Do we need one?"

"I don't know bu-"

"Avery, chill." he laughed, grabbing me by my arms and holding me still to stop me blabbing nonsense. "You're more excited than we are and that's saying something, I'll let you know first thing when we get out of the meeting what's going down alright?"

"Thanks." I laughed, before shaking from his grip and nudging him playfully. At that moment the doorbell chimed and in walked a trio of giggling girls with peace sign t-shirts and friendship bracelets up to their elbows. Me and Adam exchanged a knowing look of annoyance before he put on his widest smile and walked over to them, chatting them up and trying to make them buy something. Doug walked through the door not long after, a large brown mcdonalds takeaway bag clutched within his hand. He reached into the bag and pulled out two cheeseburgers and placed them within my hands.

"For you and cassanova there when he's done." Doug winked.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I smirked, unwrapping the packaging of my own and taking a bite.

"No, never. But I know darling, I know." Doug laughed, his bright blue eyes twinkling under the lighting.

"You seem in a good mood today? Some new lady friend I should know about?" I asked, shielding my mouth with my hand as I spoke.

"No no, just getting a band the recognistion they deserve is enough to put a spring in your step." Doug smiled, turning to watch Adam and the three girls. They were inspecting the latest Arctic Monkeys record - popular with the young teenage girls who thought their career started from the 'AM' album which completely defined indie music, obviously. One was stood next to him, bumping shoulders and giggling up at him and I had to stifle my laughter at the sight of such an awkward looking Adam.