// CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN //

(A/N: Sorry for not updating lately - been doing uni work and had a weekender in London. I'm now currently drowning my sorrows in wine I don't like so what better time to write, right?)

It'd been a couple of weeks now.

 All the times I spent twiddling my thumbs and looking down at my feet in shame as I recounted my nightmare were finally over. All the judgemental eyes and the probing questions were over with. The whole case was finally over with. 

At first he denied it, even with a witness account. This meant more questions, going over statements, swooping the apartment for more evidence, in case they missed anything the first time around. I was asked if I was suredI'd 'said no', asked whether I'd ever flirted with him before, even questioned about if what I was wearing was an indication to his sudden behaviour change. It was...demoralising. It was scary to think that someone couldn't take NO as a valid response, never mind Police and lawyers thinking that wearing jeans and a t-shirt could say 'yes' for me. 

Callum eventually admitted his guilt. The university immediately removed him from the Geography programme and banned him from setting foot on campus. A court case is scheduled later for this month, but I won't be attending. I don't want to hear the name Callum Jones for the rest of my life. As far as I'm concerned, he's his own problem - he fucked up his own future, not mine.

I sighed as I rolled onto my side, and was met with a warmth. I smiled and curled into it, nestling my head against it. A pair of arms wrapped themselves around my back, and a pair of lips met with my forehead, leaving a dry kiss on the top.

"Think we should get up?" He croaked, sleep still enticing him back into its realm.

"Never." I said, my voice muffled against his chest. He chuckled slightly, before kissing my forehead once more and sitting upright, swinging his legs to the side of the bed. He rustled his hair, as he did every morning, before pushing himself up. I groaned at his absence, daring to open an eye and be greeted with him pulling on a pair of jeans. "Why do you insist on getting up early?"

"Fag." Matty said, tucking a cigarette behind his ear with a cheeky grin. I couldn't help but grin back, though made sure I included an eyeroll in the process. He stood staring at me for a while, still smiling whilst biting the skin on the tip of his thumb.

"What?"

"You always look so beautiful when you wake up." He grinned. I threw my pillow at him in response, before covering my head with the duvet. He chuckled again, before I heard the pitter patter of his feet and the closing of a door. I threw the cover off and clambered to my feet, eyes still glued with sleep. I rubbed them and made my way over to the overnight bag that I'd packed and pulled out my tub of meds, knocking them back and swallowing them dry. They rubbed against my throat as they slowly slid their way down, and I winced at the discomfort. 

"Do we really have to go today?" I heard Matty whisper to someone as I opened the door. He spun around as he realised I'd entered. 

"Mornin' gorgeous." George grinned.

"Hey." I smiled, rubbing my eyes.

"Actually...I think he was talking to me." A voice said from behind me. I turned in time to watch Emily saunter past me and sidle up to George. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her into him gently.

"Oh...awkward." I grimaced, before raising my eyebrows at the pair. 

"Hey, ya still fit though Aves. I would." George winked at me. 

"No you fucking wouldn't." Matty laughed, shoving him slightly. 

"Heeeeey careful! Pregnant lady over here." Emily chuckled, cradling her small bump. It was barely noticeable yet, but Emily was gleaming. When we first sat George down and told him the news, we thought he'd run a mile. Instead, he lit a ciggie and laid back in his chair with a small smile on his face. 

"So anyway, what were you whispering about?" I asked, falling onto one of the hotel room's sofas and helping myself to a croissant from the basket on the table. The room fell silent and I looked up to see George and Matty sharing an unknowing look. "Well?!"

"We have to go pick up the rest of our stuff from the flat today seeing as it's no longer a crime scene." George said quietly, scratching his chin.

"Oh...okay?" I said, swallowing the lump of croissant. 

"You don't have to come." Matty said, sidling up against me. "Emily has a scan this morning and obviously George is going with her, I can get the other boys to help whilst you chill an-"

"No it's okay, I'll come." I said. Matty looked at me, the uncertainty evident just from the look on his face. 

"Aves." He said, his voice soothing.

"I want to come." I said. I leaned in and hugged him, before whispering in his ear. "Plus, who's going to show you where I hid your Tupperware box of drugs from the police?". Matty pulled away, wide eyed, and found himself lost for words.

"Yeah...I know what you were doing at the flat when you found me, Matty." I said, looking him straight in the eyes. "We need to talk."