// CHAPTER THIRTY //

"What's that smell?" Matty yawned before sticking his head out from behind the bedroom door and sniffing the air suspiciously.

"They were pancakes but Ross ate them." Adam glared at his companion next to him who flashed a cheeky smile and patted his stomach.

"They were great." Ross slouched back in his chair, puffing his cheeks out in a way to indicate he was full from his meal. I chuckled lightly to myself at the pair of sullen boys, before turning back to my trusty frying pan.

"If you'd have woken up earlier you wouldn't have been pancake-less. You have just over an hour to eat, get ready and locate the BFG so I'd get cracking if I were you."

"BFG?" Matty whispered into my ear as I felt his hands wrap around my stomach and pull me as close as possible. I tried to ignore the shivers that ran down my spine at his hot breath caressing my ear.

"BFG? Big friendly giant? Geo-"

"Yes I was aware of the reference. Wouldn't class him as friendly though." By the sound of his voice I could tell he was grinning. I grabbed the bag of flour and made the pancake batter before pouring it into the pan.

"Without him talking to me in class we'd have never of met, so..." I challenged, turning round to face him. A flicker of emotion coursed through his face but I couldn't figure out what it was as I peered at the slight frown in his brows. "Go and get ready, I'll make you a pancake."

"Legendddddd!" He chanted happily, booping my nose with his forefinger before shuffling back off into the bedroom.

"...Where's my pancake?" Adam moaned silently to himself as he shovelled another spoonful of weetabix into his mouth.

------

"Nah man he's pissing me off now." Matty groaned, hitting his hand against the steering wheel of Ross' car. He'd asked Matty to drive as he was still full from breakfast and felt like 'the weight of the shit he had brewing would slow them down'. The boys of course laughed, whereas I questioned the actual science behind his statement. Obviously, I got hushed up pretty quick and made to sit next to Matty in the passenger seat. "Ring him again."

"I've rang 8 times now he's not picking up." Adam sighed, drumming his fingers over his phone screen in frustration.

"Are you sure he's at yours Avery?" Ross piped up. I looked in the rear view mirror to see him puffing out his cheeks and rubbing his belly, and I tried to hide the smile that was arising on my face in such a delicate situation. It was now 9:45am and the boys had 15 minutes to find their drummer and make it to the record label headquarters on time.

"I'm sure, he took my keys. We're almost there, we'll be fine." I said, trying to soothe their nerves.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him." Matty grumbled, turning onto the road where my uni dorms were. He messily parked on the grass completely ignoring the car park right next to it and didn't even turn the engine off before he hopped out the car and paced towards my building. I looked back at the boys who raised an eyebrow not daring to say anything, before I unclipped my seatbelt and took off after him.

"Matty!" I shouted as the thud of my feet rang in my ears. By the time I caught up with him, he was knocking on my door with such force I thought his fist would go through it. Callum opened the door in a daze, looking slightly scared. He opened his mouth to speak but Matty brushed past him and jogged down the tiny corridor before throwing himself at my door.

"Georg yo-" He began shouting but stopped. As I peered over his shoulder I realised why. My room was as I left it, the sheets on my bed untouched. "What the." He kicked at the bottom of my door so it flew open and smacked against the wall. His fingertips were digging into his scalp as his clutched at his mess of hair and pulled in frustration.

"Matty!" I said, walking over to him and pulling at his arm. "Matty look at me." I grabbed his chin with my other hand and forced him to look at me, his eyes softening at the contact with mine. "You need to calm down, breathe. We'll find him, he can't have gotten far." He sighed, pursing his lips together before sulking back out of my door.

"I'll ask Ca-" He started, before being interrupted by the sound of giggling and a creaking noise coming from behind Emily's door. We both looked at each other wide eyed before Matty kicked at the door, letting it spring open to reveal a naked bum belonging to George inbetween the legs of Emily.

"Fucking hell!" Matty shouted as I squealed, turning and pressing my face into Matty's chest and squeezing my eyes tight. As much as I wanted to erase the vision I had just seen, the picture of their mangled naked bodies were dancing on the inside of my eyelids.

"Avery!" Emily screamed as George chuckled goofily to himself.

"You alright there mate?" George said as I felt Matty's body tense up.

"Are you fucking joking? We have a meeting about our future career as a succesful band and you're in here 15 minutes before shagging an uptight girl you barely know?" He growled.

"Doesn't stop you normally?" George chuckled again, seeing the irony of his comment. His words stung me as reality dragged me back from this fantasy world I managed to emerge myself into. However, what George thought was funny Matty certainly did not, as I felt the tips of his fingertips clasping the back of my shirt with enough force he could probably rip it clean off if he pulled it.

"Get fucking dressed." He snapped, before leading me out of the room.

-----------

(A/N: oooooh tension!

Again, PLEASE vote and comment guys! Really helps me out a lot :)

This chapter is dedicated to @nope13 who went back and liked ALL of my chapters because she's a complete sweetheart. xx)