// CHAPTER THIRTY ONE //

An exasperated sigh was heard as Matty shut the door, and I couldn't tell if whether it was George or Emily. Frankly my head hurt. Seeing Emily's legs wide open with my other close friend's butt in between is enough for one day, and it wasn't even half way through yet. I just didn't understand. Emily hated George with the combined fury of a thousand men and yet she was quick to jump into bed with him. I scoffed, noticing the parallels between her words of warning about getting involved with such a character as Matty.

"Hypocrite." I mumbled, slouching into one of the kitchen chairs.

"What?" Brad asked, bouncing into the room.

"Nothing." I sighed bluntly, looking down at my twiddling thumbs.

"That George and Emily business though right? Hilarious." He laughed, cocking his head back and pretending to wipe a tear from his eye.

"Stop." Matty grumbled, pinching the crease in his brow.

"They were at it all last night, could barely sleep. I'd of whacked pornhub out there and then but why bother when you've got the audio full blast next do-"

"Bradley, fucking stop." I snapped. He looked taken aback for a split second before regaining his composture and a very small, but sly smirk spread across his lips.

"I'm guessing Matthew here can't give you the satisfaction you need. If I were you, I'd totally give George a call." He grinned leaning over my shoulder. He grabbed a muffin before wiggling his eyebrows and exiting the front door.

"Cunt." Matty snarled.

"You rang?" George said, walking with a slight bounce in his step. He looked more than pleased with himself, which was a complete opposite to the mousey girl that emerged behind him looking as sheepish as ever. Matty glared at the pair before exiting the dorm, before George flashed a smile in my direction and followed his best friend out. Meanwhile, I could barely manage to bring myself to look at my own, and instead went to follow the pair out and try to calm the storm that was brewing.

"Avery I-"

"Just save it, I don't want to talk right now," I sighed, stopping just milimeters from the doorway. "And if I were you I'd try to figure out how you're going to tell Noah all of this, because if you don't I will."

"You're a fucking joke." Matty practically spat as he angrily marched towards the car. It was as we left it: the engine running and the doors wide open. As I jogged closer, I could make out the slightly bemused faces of Adam and Ross in the backseat, eagerly watching the domestic between their two best friends errupting. Matty slung himself into the drivers seat and I went to take my original place before George yanked me back gently by the arm.

"I wouldn't if I were you, you're probably safer back there." He said, nudging his head in the direction of the back seat. "Don't worry, I've got this." Wearily, I nodded and climbed across Ross' knee in order to take my space in the middle. My arse had barely grazed the surface of my seat before Matty floored the accelerator, causing me to fly forwards. Thankfully, Adam managed to catch me in time, but not before I'd headbutted the side of Matty's seat. I rubbed my head, trying to catch Matty's gaze in the rearview mirror but all I saw was his stern expression set on the road ahead, his eyes flickering with rage.

---

"You're a fucking joke." He spat repeating his previous statement, turning the steering wheel drastically. Ross' heavy body clashed into mine and I was sandwiched between the two boys in the back, barely able to breathe.

"Come on man, lighten up." George grinned, slouching back in his chair. He didn't even have his seat belt on yet his body barely moved along with Matty's abrupt steering.

"You are joking? This is possibly the biggest day of your life and you nearly pissed away not only your chances but ours. And for what? A girl you don't know, a gir-"

"Matty mate, this isn't like last time. I'm not you, and none of us are going to make that mistake again." He replied, his face suddenly serious. Matty glanced in his direction and registered the seriousness of his face before his shoulders slackened. My curisoity peaked again, thinking back to this big secret I wasn't in on but desperately wanted, needed to know. "It was a shag. Nothing more."

I winced at the vile phrasing he was using to describe my best friend and I instantly felt a pang of anger towards him for treating her in such a manner. But then I had to remember, that was just George and as much as I liked to ignore it, it was Matty too.

The car pulled to a stop outside the building, and I quickly glanced at the time on my phone. 9:55AM. George placed his hand on Matty's shoulder reassuringly, and a moment passed before Matty shrugged it off with a laugh and playfully punched his shoulder.

"You're an arse." He smirked, relaxing into the head rest.

"And you're a stress head, chill the fuck out in a while man. A big fat zoot when this is all over." George grinned before exiting the car. Matty turned around to face me, and I could see his eyes dart to the red spot towards my temple where I'd hit my head.

"Can you park this for us? We'll be la-"

"Just go. I'll park it." I almost snapped, slightly annoyed and disappointed with the lack of fuss and apology made by Matty. He nodded, sucking in his bottom lip before exiting the car. "Good luck guys." I smiled to Ross and Adam, who flashed a smile and a thumbs up before running in to the building. I climbed over the passenger seat and sighed, before moving the car much to the joy of the many cars that were caused to stop because of it.

----------

(A/N: I was planning on writing a bit more but I'm quite pushed for time so I hope you like! Thanks to everyone for being patient etc.

ALSO, check out the new cover page! It's lopsided and stuff but I can't be bothered to correct it, let me know what you think!☺️

This chapter is dedicated to @vampie_vixen who I appreciate for voting and commenting. Thank you chick!xx)