// CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT //

(A/N: I'm supposed to be in a lecture right now but my car is in the shop and the idea of 4 buses in the dark is depressing so TA-DA suckas, your fairy Mavery mother is here for your daily/weekly/monthly dose.)

------

"...You said Callum was your boyfriend?"

"Erm, yes."

"...Why?"

"Honestly? I have no idea." I sighed, crossing my legs. My phone was pressed to my ear, and in the background I could hear the whirring of coffee machines and the clinking of cheap white china. "When do you finish work, I honestly can't even bring myself to face them all right now."

"I clock off in exactly... 14 minutes." Emily said from the other side of the line. "You're gonna have to go out eventually, especially seeing as Adam and, uh, the other one-"

"George?"

"I was gonna say he-who-must-not-be-named, but yeah. Sure." I rolled my eyes silently, shifting uncomfortably on my porcelain seat.

"You do realise he will still be here when you get back, right? Then what are you gonna do?" I huffed.

"Guess I'll figure that out later. Anyway, I better go. Still have another 13 minutes and I have a queue of angry looking people glaring at me." Emily said, before blowing a kiss into the microphone and hanging up on me. I sighed and held my head in my hands.

"Avery, are you having a poo?" A voice called out from the other side of the bathroom door.

"What? No!" I shouted back defensively, unlocking the door and pulling it open. Adam stood on the other side of it, his furrowed eyebrows raising in surprised as I pulled him in with me and locked the door behind us.

"Then what the hell have you been doing for 20 minutes? Matty's sat in the kitchen with Callum, y'know, where all the sharp utensils are?" Adam whispered harshly.

"Well if I'm lucky maybe they'll both stab each other with some sporks and have to go to the emergency room."

"What? Avery, that's not what I mean- never mind. Wanna explain what the hell just happened?" He said, shaking his head and taking a seat on top of the toilet.

"I don't know!" I sighed, taking a seat on the edge of the bath tub. I ran my fingers through my hair, attempting to tuck my matted curls behind my ear. "Matty and Tessa... I mean what the fuck, right?"

"I'm actually more 'what the fuck' on you launching yourself at Callum and declaring him to be your boyfriend." Adam scoffed, raising a patronising eyebrow. "Why would you do that?"

"I don't know, I panicked!" I shouted, growing more annoyed. He instantly raised a finger to his lips and widened his eyes at me, before replying in a whisper.

"You're clearly jealous Avery, but don't mess around with someone else's feelings to get back at someone else, it's not cool."

"I am not jealous," I scoffed with a fake laugh, crossing my arms tightly over my chest. "And who's feelings?"

"Avery...C'mon." Adam said, more calm and gentle this time.

"What?"

"Callum. He clearly-" Adam began, but was cut off by the sound of the front door slamming. A wave of relief washed over me, and I bounded towards the door, unlocked it, and stepped out to see my knight in shining armour.

Well, Emily in a coffee-stained burgundy apron.

-----

Matty's P.O.V

I slammed my fist against the wall, my knuckles smashing through it and immediately radiating pain.

"Dude, really? We've been back 5 minutes." George groaned, shoving the small mountain of letters congregated by our front door out of the way. "It's a wonder our landlord ever let us stay with all the holes you've made."

"Fuck him. He only let us stay because I sorted him out with drugs from Chad every now and again." I grimaced, pulling my hand out of the hole I'd made and dusting the white powder off my hands. I'd split my knuckles open; my blood and the chalky white intertwined and filled the small creased lines of my hand.

"Why you being so pissy anyway? From the sounds of it you were quite cosy with Tessa." Ross asked, plonking himself down on one of the sofa's and attempting to turn the TV on.

"Because, Einstein," I said, rolling my eyes and pulling the circuit breaker so electric circulated our flat once more, "I was only with Tessa to see Avery."

"Well why didn't you just come with us when we picked her up from work?" George shrugged, taking the seat beside Ross and snatching the remote out of his hand.

"I don't recall ever being presented with an invitation? Or even the knowledge that you were gonna go pick her up all together. Plus like she said, she didn't want to see me."

"Then why don't you just leave her alone?" Adam groaned, rubbing his temples. He was stood against the door frame, his shoulder leaning against it.

"I can't leave her alone." I snarled, pulling my hand back and punching the wall again. Yet another hole to add to the collection. "I can't fucking believe she's with Callum."

"She's not. She's jealous of you, you're jealous of her. Just sit down and actually have a conversation for fuck sake. You both act like children." Adam groaned, opening the front door and slamming it behind him. George sprung up and opened the door, poking his head out.

"Where are you going? You're supposed to be helping us pack all our shit up!" He called out after him. Adam didn't reply, and it was then George's turn to slam the door. "I don't know what's up with him, but he does have a point mate."

"We don't talk. We fight, then we make up after a big gesture. It's what we do." I said, watching as the blood from my hand dripped to the floor. "I'll think of something, she'll have to forgive me."

"Well, that's good and all but shall we get started with the packing? As nice as your old flat is, I'd much rather be sleeping in the hotel bed with the four pillows. It makes me feel like royalty." Ross said, jumping up from the sofa and pulling some old cardboard boxes out of the cupboard.

-----

Avery's P.O.V

I grabbed my towel from the back of my chair and slung it over my shoulder, before grabbing my wash kit from my nightstand and making my way out of the door. I'd hidden in my room all day with Emily, hiding from Tessa and, more importantly, Callum. Although he laughed and made some stupid jokes, Brad pulled through and decided to get Callum and Tessa out with him at the pub for the night - allowing me to again, walk freely within my flat.

I opened the bathroom door, and saw Emily slumped against the bath, her head in her hands.

"Em? You alright pal?" I asked lightheartedly, hanging my towel on the rail. I heard her sniffle, and the sound of something scattering along the floor towards me. I looked down, and saw a pink and white stick by my feet. Heart thumping, I picked it up and inspected it, before swallowing the lump in my throat.

"You're pregnant?"