// CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE //

Avery's P.O.V

"Can we go now?" I urged Tessa, yanking on her sleeve like a toddler. Now the set was finished and the four lads I'd gotten to know so well had disappeared back stage, I just wanted to crawl into my bed and cry.

"Are you insane? We have to meet them!" She scowled at me, pointing to the crowd of girls walking out of the fire exit and to the backstage door. We were one of a few groups left within the actual hall;  it looked ridiculously bare and strange now, watching as the stagehands tidied up the wires and packed their instruments away. 

"NOT hanging around to meet them was one of my conditions of coming here, Tessa." I groaned, folding my arms. 

"And seeing as we missed half of the set because of your mysterious illness, I feel like you owe me." She walked over towards the fire exit, inspecting the large group of people congregated by the metal barricade which guarded the stage door. She frowned, standing up on her tiptoes.

"See, there's no way they're gonna meet all those people. It's pointless. Yawn, time for bed!" I urged once again. Tessa turned back to face me with a look of defeat, and that would have been the end of it.

If that stupid stagehand hadn't come out of one of the side doors and left it on it's catch.

"There!" Tessa whispered harshly, pointing to the door. She ran over to it and peered inside. "We can just sneak backstage!" I gave her a cynical look, which loosely translated as "have you lost your damn mind?". She only answer with a coy smile, before sneaking inside. She unhooked the door from the catch in the process, letting it slowly close in front of me.

"Tessa!" I shouted after her, watching as she ran down the white corridor. The door was closing, and I could either walk away and pretend nothing happened, or catch the door and run after my fame blinded friend. 

"For fuck sake." I groaned to myself, sticking my foot into the doorway and stopping the door from closing on me. I pushed it open and glided inside, before shutting it behind me. They already had one fan girl on the loose, they didn't need anymore getting a similar idea.

"Tessa?" I hissed, walking down the hallway. It was strangely abandoned, and the only possible explanation that I could come up with was that all the stage hands were y'know, on the stage. Taking advantage of this, I increased my pace, hoping to catch up with my Texan. I was still shocked really. Tessa was always quiet and played by the book, never did anything that would put herself in trouble. And here she is, basically trespassing and stalking down her favourite band. 

Bitches really be crazy.

I got to the end of the hallway, and it split off into two. At one end, there was a bunch of rooms and a lot of people bustling around - all with a lanyard hanging from their neck to show their pass. The other end, was dark and dimly lit, but I could just make out a large box shaped object at the end. Figuring that Tessa wouldn't have dove down the end with the bunch of people that could kick her out within seconds, I braved myself for sneaking down the corridor that looked like something out of a horror film. 
-----

George's P.O.V

"Cheers." I grinned at the assistant assigned to us. We'd decided to chill out backstage for a while before going back to the hotel. There was talk of an after party, but I don't think any of us are feeling it. Matty left a couple of minutes ago for a smoke, just grabbed his carton and lighter and off he went. 

"Do you think he saw her?" Adam asked, closing the door behind the girl that had just bought us a jug of water. It had a slice of lemon in it and all I wanted to do was take it out and stuff it into my mouth, see if I could hide how sour it was. I grinned at the thought - it'd be bare hilare man.

"Probably, but he probably just thought it was his imagination again. Do you not remember that girl in Vancouver? He was adamant that was Avery, but she was already out of the states then." 

"I guess. I mean, maybe it wasn't even her." Adam sighed, sitting down on the sofa. "Why would she even come after what he did?"

"Clearly for our tunes. We are still the best band alive." Ross chipped in with a smirk, kicking his feet up.

"Exactly!" I laughed, pointing a drumstick in Ross' direction. "I think the arrogance suits you better than it does Matty."

"Ha!" Ross shouted, "yeah, right."

"Anyway, I'm gonna go hit that vending machine down the hall. I have a craving for some crisps." I said, giving a slight wave before opening the door. I closed it silently behind me, before taking a left and walking down the creepy hallway. You'd think the amount of money this place generates they'd be able to afford decent lighting. I looked up to the flickering light bulb and gave the finger, giggling at myself. Man, I love weed. 

As I moved my eyes back down in front of me, I noticed a figure sneaking down the hallway, calling out a name. Was she shouting Vanessa? I stood with a smirk on my face, watching the girl wandering down the hall. She was clearly a fan that had managed to get back here without a pass. In a way I admired her, fans literally could do anything they put their mind to; they were insane. I decided to put her out of her misery, and gave a loud cough, which instantly made her scream out in fright. I couldn't contain my laughter, but when she turned around I wasn't laughing anymore.

"Avery?!"
------

Avery's P.O.V

I stood in shock, staring at the familiar tall and lanky figure stood in front of me. His mouth was hanging open slightly, and for once in his life George was lost for words. 

"I, I uh-" I began, before George bounded towards me and swept me up in a hug. He picked me up off my feet, so I was dangling pathetically beneath him, my arms pinned at my sides. I laughed as he put me down, and I was able to wrap my arms around him too.

"What are you even doing here?" He asked, scratching at his tangled mess of wisps on the top of his head.

"Well urm, I'm currently hunting for my American roommate who, turns out, is a mega fan and has lost her fucking mind." I laughed awkwardly. George opened his mouth to reply, but a squeal of excitement echoed down the corridor, cutting him off.

"Well, I think I've found her." He shrugged, taking my hand and running towards the source of the noise.
-----

Matty's P.O.V

"What the fuck-" I began, before being cut off by the girls squeal. She looked weirdly familiar, and it was then that I realised that it was the girl with the weird plaits from earlier... the one that was friend's with the Avery look-a-like.

"Oh my god. Matty!" She gushed, a small blush creeping into the apples of her cheeks. I peered behind her, looking for the other girl. Maybe if I could just catch another glimpse of her, I could put my mind at ease.

"Yeah hi." I laughed awkwardly, combing my hand through my hair. "Sorry, you kind caught me off guard a little. Where's y-"

"Tessa! Thank FUCK for that." A voice interrupted me, as the sounds of feet slamming against the floor came to a halt. I looked up, and I immediately caught her eye. Within that moment, I felt like the floor had fallen from beneath me. I knew she felt the same, as her eyes widened and her legs became weak. 

"Avery..." I gasped, not being able to hide the smile that was creeping up my face.

(A/N: It is now nearly midnight, I've been home from uni for 2 hours and I have to get up at 9 for another lecture. You should all love me for the double update, I'm sacrificing my sleep for Mavery xo)