// CHAPTER FIFTY NINE //

(A/N: This it to those of you in America right now who are scared, angry and disappointed with your new president;
To those of you who are gay, bisexual, straight, trans, black, or white and feel targeted because of your beliefs, thoughts and feelings.
To those of you who are religious, and to those who are not but feel like you're going to be in trouble either way.
You are WORTHY and you are HUMAN. Stick together, stay true to yourself and love will prevail in the end. The sun will still shine in the morning, even though the clouds seem too thick at the moment. Stay safe, be sensible, and ignore the hatred that has been inspired by this fucking cheeto (we call them wotsits in England so I'm not even sure I spelt that right) of a man.

#LoveTrumpsHate )
-------

"How long have you known?" I asked, sinking against the wall beside my best friend.

"I don't know, maybe three months or so - before George went on that tour around America. I thought maybe the test was wrong, but I've been throwing up and-and-" Emily choked back the tears, but returned to sobbing into her folded arms. I scooped her up and pulled her into my side, holding her as she cried.

"Is it George's?"

"I don't know." She sniffled, not lifting her head.

"Does that mean Noah-"

"Yes, Noah's a potential father too. It's God getting back at me for being a slut, I bet it was my grandma that convinced him to punish me with a baby. God I hated that woman." Emily finally lifted her head, wiping her nose with the back of her sleeve.

"Have you told either of them?" I asked, releasing my hold on her and allowing her to sit upright.

"Oh yeah, what am I gonna say? 'Oh George I know you're going on tour soon but I may be carrying your baby from our one night stand - have a good flight!'" Emily mocked, sniffling once again. She rose to her feet and headed to the sink, running the cold water and splashing it on her face. "Don't even get me started on telling Noah, he already hates me for cheating on him in the first place."

I sighed, resting my head against the wall. "We really are a mess aren't we?"

"Hot messes." Emily smirked at me, and I let a small chuckle escape from my lips.

"So what's your plan? You need to tell them both."

"I will, I just- I can't right now." She said, pulling out her lipstick from her back pocket. "I've got study group tonight, I need to get my work sorted for Creative Writing because I've fallen too far behind already as it is." She applied the pinkish colour perfectly to her lips, before fluffing up her hair. "I gotta go."

"But Em-" I said, trying to protest. She sauntered past me and out of the bathroom door, before grabbing her bag from the front door and leaving - slamming it behind her. I sighed once again, before returning to the bathroom, locking the door and finally getting into my well-deserved shower.

-----

Matty's P.O.V.

I was sat on the wooden benches on the middle of the University campus - the same one I spotted Avery on for the first time all those months ago. It was fucking freezing, and my hands were shoved as far into my pockets as they would go. The cold stung my face whilst the wind whipped my hair in weird circles, letting the ringlets rest against my face for a few seconds before starting the cycle all over again.

"Come on, come on..." I huffed to myself, letting my eyes scan all the students walking past. The days were getting shorter and therefore darker, and I was struggling to see the faces and features of people in the short distance. Finally, however, I had my breakthrough. I instantly got up from my seat and walked briskly, eventually catching up with my target.

"So Avery kissed you?" Brad half laughed to himself, holding a brown bag from the campus coffee shop.

"Yeah. I think we're finally a thing now." Callum said, looking at Brad with a huge grin.

Prick. I carried on walking a few steps behind them, my original plan of confronting Callum taking a backseat as I eavesdropped instead.

"Are you sure it's not just because Matty was there? Y'know how its been for her, I'm sure she'd lick from his ball-bag to his crack if he asked her."

"Well, that's certainly not going to happen anytime soon." I muttered to myself in disgust. Brad hadn't changed one bit.

"No. I know she wants me. All these months of pretending to be the soppy, 'genuine' lad finally paid off. Can't wait to have a go on those tits." Callum laughed, slapping Brad on the back in a 'lad'ish manner. I could instantly feel my blood beginning to boil, and ducked into a gap between two buildings - but not before I saw the look of uncertainty flash across Brad's face. Shrouded in shadow, I punched the brick wall in anger, re-opening my wounds from earlier.

"Mother-fucker!" I screamed, punching the wall again. I could feel a warm trickle running down my hand. All this time he'd been faking his whole personality, trying to get close to Avery to get her vulnerable - and he'd fooled everyone. I couldn't even tell anyone, who'd believe me?

"TWAT." I shouted again, punching the wall once more.

"Matty?" A soft voice interrupted me, and I spun around to face the culprit.

"Oh, it's you."

"What are you doing?" Emily asked, stepping into the dark with me.

"You wouldn't believe me."

"Try me."