// CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR //

(A/N: Realised that I'd gotten the chapter numbers wrong lmao woops, all sorted now though. Don't forget to vote!!)

"Oh... now they're playing Settle Down." Tessa sighed, slumping down the toilet door and letting her head loll back against it. My stomach instantly churned, hearing the all too familiar melody of the one song, my song, that completely tugged on my heart strings. I could feel Ross' bass vibrating through the floor, making my knees feel numb. I was still slumped against the toilet basin, and although no longer puking my guts up, I could still feel that unwanted lump in my throat which meant I could be ready for round 2 at any minute.

"I'm sorry Tessa. Honestly, you should go out and be in the crowd. I'll come find you." I said, spitting out the excess saliva that was collecting within my mouth.

"What's the point. I'm not gonna leave you here when you're clearly not well." She huffed. I could tell she was pissed off. I didn't blame her, if it was me I know I'd be pissed too. I mean thinking about it, if Blink 182 decided to do a reunion tour and she'd played this crap on me, shit would have hit the fan. Big time. With that in mind, and with a heavy sigh, I pushed myself up from the floor and extended my hand to Tessa.

"No, Avery. I'm sorry, I don-"

"I feel better. Let's go." She smiled at me, took my hand and hopped to her feet with my help. I had to squish myself right into the corner of the cubicle for Tessa to be able to open the door which was a bit of a struggle, but we managed.

----

Matty's P.O.V

I didn't want to be singing this. I didn't. I wrote this song for two people, and neither of them were here or wanted anything to do with me anymore. I'm just bad with girls, clearly. I should just embrace my bromance with George.

"But you're cold and I burn, I guess I'll never learn." I sang, clutching tight to the microphone stand. I could feel the veins in my neck popping with the intensity. I carried on singing, watching as the strobe lighting shone on the crowd of mainly teenage girls that were way too young for any of us to even consider dating. It was funny, making eye contact with them and seeing their reactions. Mostly screaming to their friends, but there was always the odd over-intensified longing stare, bitten lip and maybe even a wink involved. Honestly? It just made me want to laugh. Nobody took my interest, all I wanted to do was finish the set and get back to the hotel room so I could get high on god knows what. That's another perk to fame I guess, drugs are easier to get a hold of - I didn't need to grovel to that scumbag Chad anymore. 

"For crying out loud!" I shouted once again, before letting go of the mic and swinging my hair around. I stood up, hair still sprawled across my face when I saw her again. The blonde girl from before. Avery. She was stood at the back with her friend from before, it was so dimly lit back there I barely saw her. But I did. My mind was playing tricks on me once again, I wanted it to be Avery more than I wanted to breathe but I knew it would never be true. I stared at her for the rest of the instrumental, before walking back the few paces to the microphone stand and finishing off the song.
----

Adam's P.O.V

I watched Matty as he flung his hair round, before doing more of his stupid dancing. I watched with a scowl on my face, able to play my guitar without paying much attention to it. Practice makes perfect I guess. Suddenly, however, Matty froze up. His body tensed and he was stood still, staring out to the crowd. I frowned, shifting over to the right slightly so I could maybe catch a glance at what he was looking at. The lights were so bright I could barely see, especially with the huge crowd that had gathered to see us play. It was madness how far we'd come in a year.  

Matty snapped out of whatever trance he was in and walked back to the mic, but I still stood, staring out into the crowd. But then a girl in the back caught my eye. Blonde hair, big build. I squinted, trying to make her facial features out.

"No..." I said out loud, the music drowning out my voice. I looked harder. It definitely was. It was Avery. We finished the song and I turned to look at George on the drums. He gave me the exact same look I was giving him, and with that I knew he'd spotted her too. I had butterflies in my stomach, happy at the fact that my best friend decided to show her face. We had two more songs to play before we finished, and as we launched into the next one, I hoped she stuck around.

-----
(A/N: You're gonna hate me, I decided to split the chapter in two. Guess you're gonna have to wait and seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...)