// CHAPTER FORTY //

(A/N: sorry it took so long, I'm so excited eeeeeek!)

"You sure you have everything?"

"Yeah, positive."

"Are you sure though? I don't want you leaving and then being moody for the next couple of days because you've forgotten your eyelash curler or something." I held my phone up closer to my face and scowled, receiving a chuckle from Matty.

"You're hilarious, truly." I said shaking my head, before raising my eyelash curler to be in view of the camera and shaking it side to side. "It's right here, see. Thought of everything."

"That's my clever girl," Matty winked, the curls dangling in front of his eyes making it almost impossible to see the gesture. "I can't wait to see you."

"And I you." I sighed, plonking myself down on my bed, still holding my phone to my face. "These last few weeks have been pretty shitty without you around."

"Yeah, tell me about it. Anyway I've gotta go, after party and all that from tonight's gig. I'll be thinking about you, as always, and your-"

"Awww!" I purr into my camera, raising my hand to cover the smile taking over my face.

"-big tatty bangers." I scowled once more, allowing my hand to drop in order for Matty to witness the true despair on my face. He laughed once more, before blowing a kiss into the camera and ending our 4th FaceTime session of the week.

I placed my phone on the cabinet by the side of my bed before taking a look around my room. Piles of clothes now dotted the floor, along with various toiletries and cosmetics. I caught myself smiling however, once I shifted my view on to the frayed old suitcase waiting patiently by my door.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow was the beginning of my 9 hour flight to Idaho to finally see Matty and the boys after 2 painfully long months. I was beyond ecstatic, this past week I'd been bouncing around getting everything ready and quadruple checking the details for everything I needed. All I needed now was to sleep and wait for the hours to turn to minutes.

--------
(Matty's POV)

I blew a kiss into the camera before quickly hanging up, hearing those familiar footsteps behind me. A pair of arms wrapped themselves around my shoulders, painfully thin and pale. Hanging in between her thumb and forefinger was a small baggy, containing that white powder I craved so dearly.

"Ready for another hit?" She purred into my ear, before I quickly snatched it from her grasp and took off into the bathroom, hearing her slight giggle as I walked.

I hope Avery gets here soon. I need her to be here soon.

------------
(A/N: tensionnnnnnnn.

Sorry this took so long and that its so short. I've just started uni and blah blah literally have no time anymore, BUT I MADE SOME.

Consider this chapter a build up for what's coming next. Chocolate coin for anyone who can guess who the woman is?

-L)