// CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN //

(A/N: If you can't see the cast, Dave Franco is Ethan. Please take a moment to dribble, then mop up said dribble. Would genuinely LOVE to be Avery in the Matty/Ethan sandwich.)

"Let me know if you need anything else hun." Nancy smiled, handing over my hot chocolate.

"I will, and thank you again for letting me stay." I smiled, stifling a yawn. Nancy smiled back, before exiting the doorway. Ethan returned in her place with a tired smile.

"How we doing?" He asked, perching on the end of my makeshift bed in the living room. I shrugged, before releasing a low chuckle.

"As well as I can be. It's just been one of those days, y'know?" I sighed, snuggling my blanket.

"Yeah I know. I'm glad you called though, I was worried about you." He smiled.

"Really?" I grinned, tucking my hair behind my ears.

"Really." He smiled again. Ethan was in nothing but his boxers, and it was only now that I realised how buff he actually was. Compared to Matty, he was verging on being the next Hercules.

"What you staring at?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh uh, nothing."

"You were staring at my abs, weren't you?" He grinned. As my face instantly reddened, he had his answer. "That's okay. Be pretty boring if nobody saw them."

"Yeah well, don't get too big of an ego, meat head." I smirked, playfully kicking him. He caught my foot through the blanket and yanked it, so I almost fell off the sofa.

"Mean." I laughed, before shuffling back up to my original position.

"Hey y'know, I'm not tired. Do you mind if we watch some movies down here or something?" He asked. I nodded instantly, before I scooched up and patted the space at the bottom of my legs. He instantly grinned and sat down, pulled my legs back down so they were resting on top of him, and flicked Netflix on.

-------

Bzzzz.

Bzzzzzzzz.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzz.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

The loud buzzing finally woke me up with a groan, and I reached for it with my eyes still shut. After my hand floundered around on the floor for a while, I finally found my phone and pulled it up to my face.

[5 MISSED CALLS
  6 TEXT MESSAGES
  1 FACEBOOK MESSAGE]

"Bollocks." I groaned, pushing myself up and leaning against the sofa's arm. Ethan was still passed out next to me. Somehow we managed to both share the sofa last night, though his feet in my face wasn't the best thing in the world. But in honestly, I kind of liked it. I liked not being alone. I slowly emerged from under the covers, my thighs sticky from the heat, and I tiptoed to the kitchen.

"Oh hello Avery. You're finally up." Nancy smiled. She was already dressed for the day, filling a travel cup with coffee whilst balancing Lila (her daughter - I finally got round to asking Ethan her name last night) on her hip. "Listen I gotta run, but tell Ethan that he needs to water the Taylor's plants and that the car key is hanging on the hook by the door. You're welcome to stay as long as you need to." She smiled, pulling me into a half hug before taking off to the door. Lila peered over her shoulder as she left, and from instinct I stuck my tongue out at her. She smiled and hid behind her mum again, but just before they left the house, she reemerged and stuck her own little tongue out at me in reply.